Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Toronto FC
Sunday, April 24 5 PM ET
Citi Field
YES Network

Toronto is coming off a win against Philly but if you didn't catch that game/highlights, don't let the scoreline fool you. Would have been 2-2 if Bono didn't make a great save, and Philly controlled the game (but per usual, couldn't finish their chances). Jiménez and Pozuelo won the game for TFC. I never take a game against Toronto for granted but if we shut those two down, I think we get 3 points this round

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Gotcha.
Either way, might be easier if i just showed a screenshot lol:
View attachment 12000
My humble opinion is the best seats to see the whole field are the 330s in left field, with 336 being on the center line. They're a little high up but you can see everything. The 130s are closer but a lot of them are under the 200 level and kind of far back, so you might be better off in the 300s rather than at the back of the 100s. Although to be fair those are the ones closest to the food plaza. The first base side is OK but not as close to the field, those are the 1-teens. The third base line seats are the equivalent of the main entrance end of Yankee Stadium behind the goal, those are the 120s. Supporters are at the other end, the 100s.

The Polar Burgers are somewhere around section 101. Easy to miss as it's kind of tiny. But don't all jam up the place at once as that's what I'm planning on eating. You'll need 17 napkins. Or maybe that's just me.

Yes, I've been to Citi Field quite a number of times, why do you ask?

Parking is cashless payment only, and $25.

I suppose there is some small chance it is different for NYCFC games, but I doubt it.
It's the same for US Open Tennis, with the added benefit that Mercedes Benz cars park for free. Doubt that last part is applicable on Sunday.

anyone know the good spots for food at citifield? its been a while
The post below has a link to a list with some of the good options. You can also download the MLB Ballpark app, which has a map with locations of all the food & beverage stands in the stadium.

The caveat to everything is whether a particular location will be open on Sunday. They haven't always had some of the more exciting options open when the Pigeons are in the building.
No pulled pork nachos in evidence (maybe Pig Beach will have them) but here's something to chew on (ta-dump!).

Hopefully they are all open. https://ny.eater.com/2017/3/31/15067732/where-to-eat-citi-field-best-food-mets-stadium

ETA: they may have Pulled Pork Fries. :)

You can also download the MLB Ballpark app, which has a map with locations of all the food & beverage stands in the stadium.
I can't get past the screen that pushes me to log in with my MLB account (which I don't have) so I can access my digital tickets (which I also don't have and am unlikely ever to need).
Is there a way to just use the app to look up where things are in a stadium? I don't want to start sharing my info with Major League Baseball just so I can find a restroom or a good hamburger.

I can't get past the screen that pushes me to log in with my MLB account (which I don't have) so I can access my digital tickets (which I also don't have and am unlikely ever to need).
Is there a way to just use the app to look up where things are in a stadium? I don't want to start sharing my info with Major League Baseball just so I can find a restroom or a good hamburger.
Used to be, but probably not anymore.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Pre game press conference was today, four days ahead of Sunday's match. As such, a lot of uncertainty regarding availability. Nick Cushing was available instead of Ronny and he mentioned that Chanot and Maxi are trending well, and although he didn't explicitly say it, I still get the sense that they both will not be available.

He basically said he's not sure on Thiago Martins and it's too early to know. Just that it's not a serious injury at this point.

Pre game press conference was today, four days ahead of Sunday's match. As such, a lot of uncertainty regarding availability. Nick Cushing was available instead of Ronny and he mentioned that Chanot and Maxi are trending well, and although he didn't explicitly say it, I still get the sense that they both will not be available.

He basically said he's not sure on Thiago Martins and it's too early to know. Just that it's not a serious injury at this point.
Any reason why Ronny wasn't made available?

Any reason why Ronny wasn't made available?
No, not really. There seemed to be some confusion with the press conference link and not many attended. Esteban (Sr Manager for Media Relations) mentioned a few times about trying to grab Ronny to come on, but then all of a sudden it was Nick Cushing on the screen.

I'm assuming it was more of a "Ronny was busy", we've been on for a while, let's throw somebody out there kind of thing.

IMO, (and although I do really appreciate Ronny's candidness and perspective in the pressers), I really enjoyed having someone else to provide a different perspective on some things.