Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Atlanta United
Saturday, March 16, 7:30 PM ET
Citi Field
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

Mets are home Tuesday and Wednesday. Weather looks brutal for both. If the Mets play a make up game or double header Thursday I wonder if they’ll be able to get the infield covered for Saturday. Just a thought…

Mets are home Tuesday and Wednesday. Weather looks brutal for both. If the Mets play a make up game or double header Thursday I wonder if they’ll be able to get the infield covered for Saturday. Just a thought…
…Fuck

Reactions: KevinJRogers
more details about the transit changes

more details about the transit changes

And in the *other* half of the draft version of my Gameday Weather and Transit Report™ it's predicted to be windy and have feels-likes around 40° at kickoff and going down from there. I do realize there's a good few days between now and then, but still…

I have no idea what will happen if the Mets get rained out the next two days, but I checked the schedules just to see what's what.
The Mets are in Cincinnati on Friday for a 6:40 start (weird time) and the Tigers are flying back to Detroit for their home opener which is a 1:00 start.
I don't know how they would handle it, but would there be a chance both teams would rather use Thursday as a getaway day rather than play? Especially in light of the fact that teams loathe doubleheaders seeing how fragile pitching staffs seem to be nowadays. Just a thought.......

The high likelihood is that they'll find a common off day with the Tigers for later in the season. I wouldn't worry too much about a make-up game on Thursday.

They tend not to play make-up games or doubleheaders in April if they can avoid it.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
I know our schedule is initially dependent on the Mets/Yankees schedule. But once set I assume there are contractual agreements. No?

I know our schedule is initially dependent on the Mets/Yankees schedule. But once set I assume there are contractual agreements. No?

The game the Yankees rescheduled in September a bunch of years ago was an isolated incident because there was no other way to schedule the Yankees game.

That being said, especially this early in the year, I would expect Citi Field to say the stadium isn't available on Thursday for a make-up game because they are loading in for another event.

Screenshot_20240402_211039_Chrome.jpg

So if the 72-hour turnaround rule - from baseball to soccer - still applies, we should be hearing about the Atlanta game soon.

Today's game was postponed, they are going to play at least a single-admission doubleheader tomorrow.

Looks like they're going to be able to make the turnover happen in time. They'll have 48 hours, I believe it was 2-and-a-half days, so they'll have to trim 12 hours to make it work. Feels like the field just won't be in great shape on Saturday.

But if they were going to postpone the game, they would have done it already.

That is big, yeah. I wonder if it's borderline and they were like "meh it's just NYC, let's rest him we should be fine"