MLS - August 20 - Minnesota (Home)

Unrelated, the MLS newsletter pointed out that in 6 leagues Cup games, Miami won four and drew two (no PK wins in regular season MLS play…). So that’s 2.33 ppg which, if they duplicated that in their remaining MLS games, gets them to 46 points. Probably in at that rate for the final seed.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Whether we should or we shouldn't, we will.
No matter what I think we should all overreact.
Yes Thumbs Up GIF by Yay! Digital

Reactions: mgarbowski
Not a single green jersey for sale at the match today, only youth sizes.

maxi back was great to see. things seemed to "flow" better with his pulling the strings.

still can't understand why cushing starts gray and pelligrini. they aren't starters and their usual flaws (stupid fouls and giveaways) cost us the first goal.

I think bakrar will develop and get better. he's got everything we need in a #9 except that finishing touch. He's not taty level but he's got potential, i think.

Fernandez was lively but seemed to want to do too much. debut nerves? clearly has no right foot.

Risa looked good. Both he and Martins played well together and it will only get better. Both were able to ping long diagonals and break lines from the back. This will only get better, I think.

Overall, i thought we played ok. Stupid mistakes and it cost us. Then caught on the counter cause we were chasing a draw.

What is up with Magno? I don't get why he's getting so little playing time. Yea, with maxi in the 11 and santi out there, there isn't anywhere for him to play. Subbing him in for bakrar and forcing a magno #9 again ... i dunno what cushing is thinking.

in the end, it was nice to see the boys playing again. once again, i'm unhappy with cushing's team selection. we have 9 games left to make the playoffs... how many more losses until we are mathematically eliminated?

Reactions: Kenny
I couldn't figure out if we were showing sparks of good or not. It felt like we were. There is definitely something there that's not clicking... But I felt it there hidden tonight.

We make nice interceptions and then pass it right into the Minnesota players, time and time again. Meh.

We’re not making the playoffs. I hate to say it but I think we need a new manager and a new vibe for next year. I think the players we have are good. Maybe we need one or two more quality players in our starting XI. Including someone to pay the Maxi role, because he ain’t getting any younger…

It's time for Cushing to go. I don't think he is an MLS-quality manager. Maxi was coaching his teammates more than Cushing. Additionally, after the match, he walked off without being there for the players. There has to be a disconnect.

That being said I thought Maxi's return made us much more direct, but fuck, we have got be clinical in front of goal and try to force more mistakes that lead to chances. We used to be so good at pressing and causing mistakes that lead to goals.

Magno 👏🏻 is 👏🏻 not 👏🏻 a 👏🏻 center 👏🏻 forward👏🏻.

Goals for, goals against, penalties called, video reviews, I’m just non-emotive anymore when it comes to this team. We’re just not fun to watch or entertaining.

My biggest gripe was that the stadium clock wasn’t working when the second half started.

Reactions: Gene and Kenny
It's time for Cushing to go. I don't think he is an MLS-quality manager. Maxi was coaching his teammates more than Cushing. Additionally, after the match, he walked off without being there for the players. There has to be a disconnect.

That being said I thought Maxi's return made us much more direct, but fuck, we have got be clinical in front of goal and try to force more mistakes that lead to chances. We used to be so good at pressing and causing mistakes that lead to goals.

Magno 👏🏻 is 👏🏻 not 👏🏻 a 👏🏻 center 👏🏻 forward👏🏻.
Nick made bad choices tonight. The talent is there. The plan is not.