Mls CBA 2015 Thread

I was close. Initially I said 26/6 and 25% increase cap for free agents and a minimum salary of 65k. I think overall if it is 28/8 and 15% increase and a minimum salary of 60k, it isn't too bad of a deal for the players. It is at least something. I think during the next cba, the threat of a strike if the players do not get 75% of their demands is a very real possibility but that is 7 or years so away so why worry now hahah....looking forward to sunday!!!!!

15% is pretty shocking I'm glad they got the deal down to 5 years. The players had a lot to lose with the new TV deals coming into play too. Next CBA will be a good one. I still feel like Garber dropped his greasy balls in the unions mouth.

Reactions: Drainyoo and Kubah
By the 28/8 rule Wingert is eligible for free agency.
Him and 5 Other NYC players

5-year CBA is a win
$60k minimum is a win
Some type of player movement is a win

28/8 requirement is a loss
Only 15% increase to the cap is a loss

Hopefully TV ratings start taking off and the players ask for revenue sharing.

It's a start, 5 years is also a win.

Reactions: Kubah
5-year CBA is a win
$60k minimum is a win

28/8 requirement is a loss
Only 15% increase to the cap is a loss

Hopefully TV ratings start taking off and the players ask for revenue sharing.
Yes exactly. Assuming TV revenues keep increasing with the TV ratings increasing. The next CBA the players will be out for blood and they should be.

Reactions: Kjbert and Kubah
5-year CBA is a win
$60k minimum is a win

The $60k minimum increases every year as well. More details to come.

Reactions: Kjbert
The 60k just eats up the increase in salary cap increase... Disappointing
Eh, not quite. I don't think each team has that many guys making the minimum that count towards the cap on their roster to make up nearly 500k.

Looking at it more just makes me even more disappointed. The initial 15% increase is good on paper. But then you have to take into account the minimum salary is nearly being doubled. So a good chunk of that 15% is likely to be eaten up by most of the current rosters already. So it really isn't even much of a step forward for the overall league. It gets the scrubs paid which is great and needed to happen. But it's not going to increase the quality of the rosters at all.

It being 7 years as well makes it even worse. Assuming the salary will increase 5% every year like the last one, you're still only covering the slight yearly increase for the minimum wage. And by 2022 you're probably only looking at a salary cap of around $4.5 million. Which really doesn't give the league all that much room to grow over the next 7 years. The gap between MLS and Liga MX will likely only grow by that point.