MLS Cup Playoffs - December 11 - Portland (Away)

The first two were actually on Madison Avenue (and 26th). The third, and the one where it made its name, was on 50th & 8th where Worldwide Plaza is. That's where the classic Knicks and Rangers teams played, as well as most of the really big fights.

The one that exists now is, in my eyes, most famous for being such an architectural disaster that replaced such an architectural masterpiece (the old Penn Station) that it spurred the creation of the Landmark Commission in NYC.

Yes -- I love NY history!

Look at these pictures:
View attachment 11633View attachment 11634View attachment 11635
I'm just a little too young to remember the old Penn Station but I've always loved the photos of it they have on the walls in the weird modern station. That said, as a relatively frequent Amtrak rider I have to say the new Moynihan Train Hall, while not as historical as the old Penn, is definitely an improvement.

If NYCFC win on Saturday there are y'all confident the team gets a ticker-tape parade on the canyon of heroes?
100%
I'm just a little too young to remember the old Penn Station but I've always loved the photos of it they have on the walls in the weird modern station. That said, as a relatively frequent Amtrak rider I have to say the new Moynihan Train Hall, while not as historical as the old Penn, is definitely an improvement.
I love Moynihan's interior design. It really feels grand.

Reactions: Kjbert
Looks like prices went up? that's sad.

Dear City Members,

We cannot thank you enough for your support and enthusiasm as NYCFC advances to the Audi 2021 MLS Cup for the first time ever. We’re sharing an update on incremental away ticket allotment and when they’ll go on sale to City Members.

Please see below for important information. Please note that tickets are extremely limited and are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Away tickets will go on-sale for City Members starting tomorrow, December 7 at 10:30 am
  • The price for these tickets will be $58 per ticket.
  • A maximum of two (2) tickets can be purchased for the match.
As always, thank you for your support!

LET’S GO YOU BOYS IN BLUE!!!
Got the email mines is at 10AM (Founding member) Anyone got earlier time ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-173659__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-173659__01.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 20
If NYCFC win on Saturday there are y'all confident the team gets a ticker-tape parade on the canyon of heroes?
I heard a rumor that if we win, there will be a parade ultimately leading to the yet-to-be-disclosed site of our future stadium. It will lead to a monumental display with a mock-up of the future stadium along with symbolic sky blue shovels rising from the soil. During the first of the victory speeches, the stadium plans will be announced in earnest, and we will all celebrate not only our MLS Cup victory, but our new home to come.

Got the email mines is at 10AM (Founding member) Anyone got earlier time ?

Didn't get the email yet, but I think all Founding Members will get that time, based on my earlier conversation with my rep.

Hoping the team does a viewing party for all the people who can't go to Portland.
They’ve done it for all the playoff matches. Would have to imagine they do it for this one! Probably (hopefully) trying to find a larger venue then Berry Park!
Details are TBA but it's going to be a great watch party in the city