MLS Cup Playoffs - November 30 - New England (Away)

yeah. what up with Tony? dude puts in such great effort and surprises me every time he gets on the field. I guess I should stop being surprised.

He seems like a very hard-working blue-collar type player. Plays his role, has excellent positional awareness, is willing to put in a solid tackle, but he's a touch slow and maybe a bit too conservative in his passing style to be a week in week out starter. I'm always happy we have him as a sub, he seems to consistently provide a strong veteran presence in the midfield on the occasions that he's called upon.

That game in Foxboro was the most fun game I ever attended. I dont know how it sounded in the rest of the stadium or on tv, but it felt like we spent the whole game trying to be louder and more enthusiastic than the 24,000 Revs fans and succeeded a huge amount of the time.

The game itself beat out the 3-2 Lampard hat trick game against DC as my favorite NYCFC game ever. The best two teams in MLS this season IMHO in a knockout playoff game. We definitely had the edge in play over 90 minutes and deserved to win, but it was close because the Revs are a great team and always dangerous to play against. Then to get the lead in 2nd ET, then go down to 9 guys on the field (who could move) and concede and then win our first penalty shootout ever against the best shot stopper in the league was all so unbelievably dramatic.

This NYCFC team can win 2 more games this season because they are so connected and play such great soccer. How much fun is it to see Tayvon Gray thrown into these incredibly high pressure situations and outplaying USMNTs George Bello and holding his own against Tajon Buchanan ( who is a real baller btw) or anyone the Revs threw at him. I forgot Tony Rocha was on the team when he didnt play in 20 straight games (made up that fact) but he subs in for James and was fantastic. Golden Boot winner Taty. Maxi playing as well for us as he ever has (and wanting to stay another year because he is having so much fun?). Morales. Santi becoming a star before our eyes. Sean making a statement going head to head against Turner. The passion and skill of Chanot and Callens. The growth of Medina. NYCFC plays quality soccer and has been doing it for the entire season except for one rough patch.

Last month NYCFC totally outplayed Philly in a very meaningful game the second half 10 v 11. Taty will be replaced by another quality player who will perform. Philly is a good team, but NYCFC has the quality to win another road game. I dont want to spend $160 a ticket to be surrounded by doopy Union fans but I will be replaced by a quality NYCFC fan who couldnt make it last night but can go on Sunday. Cheers!!!!

Taty couldn't be part of the celebration on the field, so this makes sense, but ... man, this group is tight. I love it so much.
Do the rules forbid him from coming back even after the end of the game? It does appear that he stayed away. But the on field celebration went on for 30 minutes by reports, so that's kind of harsh, IMO unnecessarily (though I also get the ejected means ejected mindset).

Reactions: Kjbert
That game in Foxboro was the most fun game I ever attended. I dont know how it sounded in the rest of the stadium or on tv, but it felt like we spent the whole game trying to be louder and more enthusiastic than the 24,000 Revs fans and succeeded a huge amount of the time.
Not sure what other people thought on TV, but I didn't really make out any NYCFC specific cheering until immediately after the Taty goal.

But honestly, that's not surprising as it was a Revs home game, the placement of the away support, and the usual mic'ing of the home supporters that occurs. It was fantastic hearing the cheers/singing after the Taty goal and then hearing the loud cheers after the SJ save and Callens goal.

The game itself beat out the 3-2 Lampard hat trick game against DC as my favorite NYCFC game ever.
Just to be "that guy", the DC game you're referring to (at least I think) was not a Lampard hat trick, but did have the very late go ahead goal, DC tying goal, and then Lampard laaattteeee winner.

His hat trick was home against Colorado.

Do the rules forbid him from coming back even after the end of the game? It does appear that he stayed away. But the on field celebration went on for 30 minutes by reports, so that's kind of harsh, IMO unnecessarily (though I also get the ejected means ejected mindset).
Not sure of the rules but it was a tense situation. Taty was staying by the corner of the field and the end of the tunnel. While someone from the NYCFC staff walked with him, he was lingering around watching the match. A police officer/sheriff walked over and began blocking his view of the match and walking forward him so Taty had to walk backward. Really nerving.

Not sure of the rules but it was a tense situation. Taty was staying by the corner of the field and the end of the tunnel. While someone from the NYCFC staff walked with him, he was lingering around watching the match. A police officer/sheriff walked over and began blocking his view of the match and walking forward him so Taty had to walk backward. Really nerving.
He did take quite a long time to leave the field. I am curious if he will be fined

He did take quite a long time to leave the field. I am curious if he will be fined
Now I'm wondering whether he might have been able to sneak back post-game if he had left voluntarily and quickly and security might have been more lax with him.

Reactions: Kjbert
That SJ stare down of Buksa after he stopped his PK was chill-inducing! it was even more satisfying that Buksa was the lone out after his fake tough guy confrontation with Chanot.

Part of that, to be fair, was Turner. He came up and confronted Taty about not getting off the field sooner, which then turned into Taty getting off the field even slower since there was now a confrontation.

I get that Turner was trying to speed things up since they were down a goal, but he has to know at that point that getting involved is just going to slow things down even further.

Part of that, to be fair, was Turner. He came up and confronted Taty about not getting off the field sooner, which then turned into Taty getting off the field even slower since there was now a confrontation.

I get that Turner was trying to speed things up since they were down a goal, but he has to know at that point that getting involved is just going to slow things down even further.

Turner only did that because Taty started walking off, then just stopped walking and stood there. Absolutely getting a fine, and he was absolutely trying to waste time.

Turner only did that because Taty started walking off, then just stopped walking and stood there. Absolutely getting a fine, and he was absolutely trying to waste time.
Oh I get that and I don't mean to say anything bad about Turner doing that. I probably would've done the same thing.

The only thing I am trying to say, is that everytime something like that happens and ultimately results in a confrontation, it results in more time being wasted and it's something that Turner could have avoided if he didn't engage in it (though again, that's probably just a natural reaction).

Taty was definitely taking too long and will likely be fined. Don't mean to take away from that point.

Reactions: ZYanksRule
Jumping topics... watching highlights this afternoon. The first goal was beautiful. The second inspiring... sheer willpower.

On the Buksa goal... Can any tacticians on the forum explain what "should have happened" to defend?
5 NYCFC players move in sync towards the goal like a blue wave while Gray is left trying to hold Buksa back and just gets overpowered.
Maybe the delivery was just that good and Buksa just too strong but it was interesting to see everyone break to goal and Grey left alone.
Thanks!

Just to be "that guy", the DC game you're referring to (at least I think) was not a Lampard hat trick, but did have the very late go ahead goal, DC tying goal, and then Lampard laaattteeee winner.

Thanks SoupInNYC SoupInNYC , but as an experienced trial lawyer I try to never let facts get in the way of a good story -- that was the game I was talking about