MLS Cup Playoffs - November 30 - New England (Away)

Foxborough (no traffic) is about 15 minutes further for me than Yankee Stadium (no traffic) -- going!!

Havent been to a soccer game at Foxborough since USA-Jamaica on October 7, 2001 -- wont be as happy after our game as that one, but hopefully it will be close.

I’m going to sound like an ass here, but that’s never stopped me before.

I am NOT a third rail guy. Whole different energy than I’m willing to match. I appreciate them, but not my scene.

If a few of you nerds were interested I’m doing a tailgate, I’d be interested.
Third Rail spans all sorts of energy. Some are silent and sitting the entire game. Others are cheering and standing the entire game. We have kids, parents, and family members young and old. I can assure you the bus up and back from New England will be a pleasant one. Sit next to me if you want quiet, I’ll probably be working both ways.

Reactions: Kjbert
just saw a news report about the guy who got hit with a metal fragment at yankee stadium. they showed an overhead view of the stadium and winterization seems to be well underway. i know it is extremely, extremely, unlikely that we play at YS if we do make it to the conf finals and/or the cup final... but shouldn't they at least wait until after RSL and Orlando play?

I mean, technically, if Orlando win out vs Nash and Philly, and we beat the Revs, we should be playing at YS right? I think that's somewhat possible.

if we have to play at RBA for our playoff games cause they decided to winterize early, i will be very upset.

or am i misunderstanding the seeding?

just saw a news report about the guy who got hit with a metal fragment at yankee stadium. they showed an overhead view of the stadium and winterization seems to be well underway. i know it is extremely, extremely, unlikely that we play at YS if we do make it to the conf finals and/or the cup final... but shouldn't they at least wait until after RSL and Orlando play?

I mean, technically, if Orlando win out vs Nash and Philly, and we beat the Revs, we should be playing at YS right? I think that's somewhat possible.

if we have to play at RBA for our playoff games cause they decided to winterize early, i will be very upset.

What are they doing that makes it look like winterizing? It could also have been file footage and not something live. I wouldn't worry about it, we'll be at Yankee Stadium as long as we're going.

I just hope between the Third Rail bus and the Front Office bus, we can get at least 200 NYCFC fans to the match.

If you're going, just be prepared, kickoff (7:45 PM) temperatures are expected to be below 32 degrees (i.e. freezing temperatures)

I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be more than that. They've opened up away tickets to all fans instead of just Third Rail -- that says to me there's a lot of interest for what is one of the biggest games in team history. I bet there's more than 200.

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta

Also, Yankee Stadium hosts a college football game Christmas week, so they don't shut the stadium down for the winter until after that.

I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be more than that. They've opened up away tickets to all fans instead of just Third Rail -- that says to me there's a lot of interest for what is one of the biggest games in team history. I bet there's more than 200.
There’s always away match tickets from the front office to City Members. Away tickets first go though to supporter group members.

They were just waiting until we officially won and scheduled to play New England to announce the tickets.

With a Tuesday match on a school day/night, I don’t think attendance will be that high. But I hope.

There’s always away match tickets from the front office to City Members. Away tickets first go though to supporter group members.
The team is offering tickets to non-City member for this game as well, but for $31, and with no offer of bus transportation. I got the email last night.

I'm not going, and I'm already a TR member, but it really is worth it, if you're not STH or TR member, to pay for a Third Rail membership to get the cheaper ticket price plus the bus, and even more so if you buy more than 1 ticket.

LionNYC LionNYC are you TR board or officer now? I don't pay much attention to that stuff, but you sound like an insider in this thread.

Reactions: Kjbert and LionNYC
The team is offering tickets to non-City member for this game as well, but for $31, and with no offer of bus transportation. I got the email last night.

I'm not going, and I'm already a TR member, but it really is worth it, if you're not STH or TR member, to pay for a Third Rail membership to get the cheaper ticket price plus the bus, and even more so if you buy more than 1 ticket.

LionNYC LionNYC are you TR board or officer now? I don't pay much attention to that stuff, but you sound like an insider in this thread.
Not a board member or officer. Sometimes a bartender at tailgates. Just in the know.

Third Rail spans all sorts of energy. Some are silent and sitting the entire game. Others are cheering and standing the entire game. We have kids, parents, and family members young and old. I can assure you the bus up and back from New England will be a pleasant one. Sit next to me if you want quiet, I’ll probably be working both ways.

I know COVID hasn't helped, but I don't feel like the Third Rail does a good job of supporter outreach. I'm a member in name only but I don't think I I'd go to something outside of using them for tickets to away matches. Now if there was a 40+ y/o supporter group...

Last edited:
Reactions: moogoo and Kjbert
I know COVID hasn't helped, but I don't feel like the Third Rail does a good job of supporter outreach. I'm a member in name only but I don't think I outside of using them for tickets to away matches I would attend an event. Now if there was a 40+ y/o supporter group...
Do you get the emails? There was an event for a bourbon release party and a Q+A with Delia, Lee, and Sims two weeks ago. COVID has made scheduling events difficult but there will be the end of the year party again this year.

Do you get the emails? There was an event for a bourbon release party and a Q+A with Delia, Lee, and Sims two weeks ago. COVID has made scheduling events difficult but there will be the end of the year party again this year.

I hear ya. I do get the emails but part of the problem is I'm up in Rockland. Pain in the butt to drive into the city on a weeknight for an event.

LionNYC LionNYC if I end up going, I will direct message you. Would be nice to finally meet in person. Same for you other knuckleheads.

I hear ya. I do get the emails but part of the problem is I'm up in Rockland. Pain in the butt to drive into the city on a weeknight for an event.
So is it an outreach or a physical distance issue?

I think it's both. Fair point.
Anyone want to start a Blue & Gray Beard SG?
I think there is a Connecticut Chapter of the Third Rail. But I'm not certain if that's close enough to you to be involved with at all, or even if they do anything outside of watch parties for road games.

Obviously everyone has their own participation levels as well with whatever they're able to and want to do. I'm a member, but not involved in anything really. Just like that my dollars help contribute to tifos, away matches, etc. Used to be involved in helping paint tifos, but I've just gotten too busy to keep that up.

Reactions: Kjbert and Jon
I think there is a Connecticut Chapter of the Third Rail. But I'm not certain if that's close enough to you to be involved with at all, or even if they do anything outside of watch parties for road games.

Obviously everyone has their own participation levels as well with whatever they're able to and want to do. I'm a member, but not involved in anything really. Just like that my dollars help contribute to tifos, away matches, etc. Used to be involved in helping paint tifos, but I've just gotten too busy to keep that up.

Same boat. Way too busy with my own kids and work. Glad my $ helps out. CT is just as far from me. I know there was a Westchester branch at some point. Not sure if it's still active. Back in 2016/17 I reached out about starting a Rockland/Orange branch but there wasn't enough interest.

Same boat. Way too busy with my own kids and work. Glad my $ helps out. CT is just as far from me. I know there was a Westchester branch at some point. Not sure if it's still active. Back in 2016/17 I reached out about starting a Rockland/Orange branch but there wasn't enough interest.
There was the idea to do chapters with each borough/place outside the city for watch parties, but it was realized the atmosphere was better with one place in Manhattan. There is an active Connecticut chapter. They have their events here: https://www.tksamericancafe.com/