Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Philadelphia Union
Saturday, March 19 1 PM ET
Yankee Stadium
YES Network

I am Superpumped for this match cause I missed the home opener. I so want NYCFC to put on a clinic and run circles around those whiners. I used to actually like the Union but even before the Conference Finals that team turned into a bunch of complainers.

I am Superpumped for this match cause I missed the home opener. I so want NYCFC to put on a clinic and run circles around those whiners. I used to actually like the Union but even before the Conference Finals that team turned into a bunch of complainers.

i hope talles magno dunks in a goal and runs right to Jim Curtin to rub it in. (Remember curtin whined that he didn’t have a player who cost as much as Magno to bring off the bench during the last playoff game and whined about oil money).

The only worry is we'll be gassed from the travel and congested schedule, while the union are just trotting along.

Reactions: canchon
Weather forecast for this game right now is showers and high 50s..

Gonna be a messy one.

Discussion of the week:

Do you consider Philly a rivalry?

Me:
Especially after the shenanigans of our playoff games against them as well as playing them so many times on closing weekend, I think that yes, it is blossoming into a rivalry

Reactions: Kjbert
Discussion of the week:

Do you consider Philly a rivalry?

Me:
Especially after the shenanigans of our playoff games against them as well as playing them so many times on closing weekend, I think that yes, it is blossoming into a rivalry

I tend to think so. they hate us. we are starting to get annoyed with them. their coach calling us oil money while ignoring MLS salary cap...

and let's face it.. we always have a good match. so bring it on.

Reactions: Shwafta

I’ve never been able to go to more than maybe 2 games a year but I remember I went to this game and it was one of my favorite live experiences because of all the drama and the back and forth. One of my favorites from this rivalry even with the iffy penalty calls

I’ve never been able to go to more than maybe 2 games a year but I remember I went to this game and it was one of my favorite live experiences because of all the drama and the back and forth. One of my favorites from this rivalry even with the iffy penalty calls
What i take away from this is you also consider this to be a rivalry. heh

Reactions: JCMore
What i take away from this is you also consider this to be a rivalry. heh
Yeah I guess so. Now I’m thinking of the old survey some of us filled out for the guys at https://knowrivalry.com/league/mls/

Looking at this Philly and NYC fans don’t really have a rivalry but we both think RBNJ is our rivals lol. But in our history with Philly, I think they really should view us as rivals. Just looking at how many important or end of season games we’ve beat them in. I think it was 2017 we beat them on decision day and then beat them again in the next round of the playoffs. That had to sting back to back. And I’m sure they will never recover from the ECF last year. Hell, even in the highlights I posted above we were granted two questionable PKs that Maxi converted. All of this would have made me hate this team if I were a Philly fan.