NE Postmatch

View attachment 7396
giphy.gif
Sweats saved from the dreaded "shot goes for a throw" by Lewis. A man who has sat behind TPFKAU how many times now?

Glad we got the win here. Makes it feel even beter and fitting after that Fagundez episode. Definitely the worst theater of wasting time I have witnessed all season. Of course Villa involved in both goals.

Happy that Lewis ripped that goal. He should be the first or second sub in the game almost exclusively. I think Vieira tried to sub in Shelton first to try and attain the speed of Lewis and the body of Okoli at once. He probably witnessed that didn't work.

Shelton had a bad touch, decision, on every single ball played to him tonight.

We deserved to draw at best and we won. Last year in the same type of game we lose. And that is why this team will at least make the eastern conference finals

Reactions: TabascoDiva
You know how when you hate a team, and they're good, and they keep having games where you think they're finally going to lose, but they keep pulling it out and you think they don't deserve it and you just hate it and it's frustrating?

That's us to lots of other people right now.
I hope it gets worse.

I don't think we're all too far off from where we ought to be. We have lost some ridiculous games.

But this one was a real smash and grab. Should have been a dire nil-nil where our coach and front office and players are yet again exposed. (They were.)

Now we get 3, and no one will make the deserved stink over Geiger fucking us. No Herrera for RBNJ.

I hope it gets worse.

I don't think we're all too far off from where we ought to be. We have lost some ridiculous games.

But this one was a real smash and grab. Should have been a dire nil-nil where our coach and front office and players are yet again exposed. (They were.)

Now we get 3, and no one will make the deserved stink over Geiger fucking us. No Herrera for RBNJ.
Geiger is a total dbag ref. Period.

That was ugly for a long while, but winning a game with Mikey, RJ, and Sweat being Sweat is fine. The larger problem is our continuing lack of height and brawn all over the field. When we're not on our game or weak in a couple positions we get dominated by physicality.

Khiry belongs in the Mix-hole.

Say what? Who's being subtle? Everyone is bashing the lineup and subs.
Subtle if compared to the shit storm had we lost today. Love that we've been able to win the last 3 despite missing key pieces in midfield... it's almost like we win whenever a certain someone doesn't see the light of day there.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Geiger is a total dbag ref. Period.

It's the fucking Geiger show. Someone needs to sit him down Good Will Hunting style and repeat "It's not about you. It's not about you. It's not about you."

He starts giving fouls and cards out like candy in the second half - look at me! Look at me! Look at me!

Reactions: Ulrich
I would love to know why PV decided to sub the second most important player on this team at 61 minutes.

He looked gassed after a long week of robo-calling. He's lost his mojo a little bit. That breakaway run at the start of the second half kind of summed him up recently - a nice turn of pace, through on goal with one man to beat, and then.....nothing.

I thought it was a great 3 points. Even with key players out I had confidence we were going to get a result after going down. Sometimes it's about grit.

Reactions: snugglefarts
Shelton for Harrison: Weird

Lewis for Wallace: Good

Villa: Very Good

--

I was in 233b, a new angle. Hard to process the action on some portions of the field. I think I'll try 205 next game, maybe switch back to 230/231 for the long term.

I think we can say that Lewis is worth what we paid for him. Looking forward next year to a full season switching him and Wallace. Mikey did all right. Herrera was kind of wandering; not sure what he contributed. Why did Jack and Rodney switch sides? Puzzling.

Loving this goal.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Before I rant and I will rant, here are the good talking points...

A note on attendance, a security guard told me they were expecting 17,000 which is being generous and likely around 14,000 would show up.

Missing Ring showed throughout the game. Mikey Lopez can't make the passes Ring can and can't stop all the lines that Ring can because Ring is larger with longer legs, jump higher, and move smarter. The that being said, Lopez did an adequate job.

The biggest thing I noticed is that either New England defended well or in the attack we just didn't have it. We'd try to get by players 1v1, string passes together but we just couldn't connect. New England always stopped our forward motion. If we stick to our principles, the talent and the good shows up and it did at the end.

I said this was a boring game and the goals would be shit to a friend pitch side at halftime. And they were. Johnson fucked up on New England's goal and Villa had a sitter being in the right place at the right time.

I've never seen Vieira react to the a goal the way he did after Lewis scored. Sprinted down the line, I'm surprised he didn't go over and hug the kid. That was one of the top 10 moments at home. Wow, just wow.

I get cramps after celebrating so hard.

We now have 9 wins at home, the most of any season with still 4 games to play at home.

David Villa has 19 goals. 9 away from beating the single season record with 9 games to play.

Now the rant, about singularly the referee. Mark Geiger.

Mark Geiger can't control a fucking match. New England was flopping, diving, and on the floor for a large portion of the match. He needs to realize that this was all acting and time wasting. They had a player on the field at the end of the match which delayed the game a full two minutes, I had my stopwatch running. Get a stretcher, get the player off the field. There was 5 minutes minimum of added time and you are supposed to add 30 seconds for goals. The game ended at 90+9.

Yangel's yellow was atrocious. Incidental contact. The New England's guy face his Yangel's arm. Geiger waits until the player gets off the field to issue the yellow. So, why wasn't it issued right away? Did the VAR tell Geiger something? Because if so, that's against the VAR rules. Yellow cards cannot be reviewed and communication regarding yellow cards should not happen. We can't appeal it and I don't think DisCo can remove it but it is beyond garbage. Hopefully it doesn't show up tomorrow on MLSsoccer.com like other yellow cards have throughout the season for certain teams. Awful. Awful. Awful.

So we'll be without Herrera vs. Red Bulls and he beasted them in the past. We have Ring and we have Maxi so does Pirlo fill in? Does Jack (who had a poor game) come into the midfield? Options, options, options for Vieira.

I hated watching that game it was awkward to enjoy. Greiger made it weird and kept it weird.... just took the absolute joy out of it and sodomized it.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
WOW !!! All I WANTED TO DO was simply go on the post game and say Good Job Boys you kicked Ass in that second half and showed everyone who's boss and how it's done !...........BUT NO I GET THIS SHIT!!! Remind me who you are dannd23 dannd23 ??? To my knowledge at this moment I don't remember us having to do with one another ? I happen to have been very happy for the team and enjoyed David as always and this young kid making his first goal and the crowd loving every minuet ! Is that OK for you People ! NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan I have Broke my back trying to be civil with you . A point you've said over and over you want all of us to do . Your above post I agree with because I can't argue Truth !

So let me get this straight I'm the Andrea Pirlo Nut Case ! But you just can't help yourself to be a little Andrea fixed yourself !! But can't or won't admit this Because your so Damn Scared of loosing The Good Old Boy's on this forum . We lost FootyLovin and I think Goodfella with your denial issues !!

I can get past my missing Andrea because We Won !! ......We Won !! Ya'll can't be happy for the team without somehow throwing smack in my face or bringing up a well known fact about Andrea's absence ! I'm trying to move on past Andrea for this team ! He's not even important for them . I'm trying to appreciate the all the good of this team . My Soccer life is at it's end . I'm trying to hold on and see other things past Andrea to keep enjoying the sport !

Please let me enjoy this team ! Please let me say how absolutely wonderful that second half was and how sweet it was when David's kids came out to hug their Daddy . That's what I enjoyed from this game folks !! THANK YOU !