NE Postmatch

Well gosh golly what a bunch of grumpy Gus's! We got three super sunshine-y points today! Hooray!
Well done. There are times gloating is appropriate. This isn't one. I appreciate you appreciating how right all of us who shit on how we'd play today were. We were right on every way but result. That's pretty much a great day.

Your willingness to poke fun at your super sunshine take is awesome.

I thought they played decently in the first half but couldn't get a good shot on goal. Last 20 minutes was really great. I'm happy to see that Lewis is starting to make his case for starting XI next year. The really disappointing thing was attendance. No way it was close to 22k. It's pretty bad that we can't come close to filling the place on a beautiful Sunday evening in the summer.

Reactions: Lasker
Shelton for Harrison: Weird

Lewis for Wallace: Good

Villa: Very Good

--

I was in 233b, a new angle. Hard to process the action on some portions of the field. I think I'll try 205 next game, maybe switch back to 230/231 for the long term.

I think we can say that Lewis is worth what we paid for him. Looking forward next year to a full season switching him and Wallace. Mikey did all right. Herrera was kind of wandering; not sure what he contributed. Why did Jack and Rodney switch sides? Puzzling.

Loving this goal.

Should have been Lewis for RJ.

worked out. But the thought process was flawed so much.

I thought they played decently in the first half but couldn't get a good shot on goal. Last 20 minutes was really great. I'm happy to see that Lewis is starting to make his case for starting XI next year. The really disappointing thing was attendance. No way it was close to 22k. It's pretty bad that we can't come close to filling the place on a beautiful Sunday evening in the summer.

I was surprised by the lousy attendance too. A beautiful night deserves better.

Not much to say about the game, it mostly sucked - no sexy football today. Jack had some good moves in the first half. I wasn't surprised by him being subbed out but I was disappointed by the result. I want Khiry to be good so badly but he just isn't.

Last edited:
Please let me enjoy this team ! Please let me say how absolutely wonderful that second half was and how sweet it was when David's kids came out to hug their Daddy . That's what I enjoyed from this game folks !! THANK YOU !
If you need people to not make fun of il Depends to enjoy the game, I don't rightly give a shit whether you enjoy it or not.

I'm actually happier when you don't and ignore the forum.

Eta: tbf, any change is so incremental that it hardly matters. But I am tired of all the bullshit pretension around this sort of post.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
A win is a win!! Come on guys and gals, give our boys a break.
I don't mind when my team is winning , if it was ugly . pretty , dull or exciting.
We got 3 points and close to be in the playoffs

We got to demand our Capitan Villa get the Golden Boot!!

This was a roller coaster and microcosm of the ups and downs of being a football fan all in one match.

For the longest time I didn't think we'd score. I would actually of been satisfied with the draw based on the run of play but obviously I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

Not sure I can remember the last time I watched a match and team spent as much time on the ground as the Revs did tonight. Glad the Added time from all their flopping came back to bite them on the ass.

Anyone else in 135 tonight? Had to sign a waiver might end up in the background of a Heineken commercial lol.

I disagree that the pessimists were proven right by this performance. The ability to pull off a result when you play poorly is the sign of a good team. I'd also say that most of the people who thought were were going to lose this based that. on the Revs offence VS our depleted Defensive mid/defense. We actually handled them just fine besides an uncharacterstic mistake from Sean Johnson. It was our offense that couldn't find any flow but still managed to do just enough to win the game.

Ben Sweat will be taking Jonathan Lewis out to dinner for saving his crap shot that turned into a wild pass for a goal. Fortunate for Sweat and his league minimum salary, Lewis won't get to order a nice expensive bottle of wine.

I think however the Ugo shot over the bar was a huge miss. He was two feet farther from goal than Villa's goals. He was wide open and you should side foot it with it clear into net as the keeper was on the wrong angle. But he struck it over the bar.

This game convinced me that when Herrera, Maxi or Ring are out, we should play a flat 4-4-2 and partner Ugo with Villa.

Lopez was bad on many levels. Defensively, he was like a child trying to get in front of the moving trains that are Kamara and Agudelo. Offensively, he had poor positioning when we tried to build out of the back. I got the sense that Brillant was frustrated with him at least once.

I just want to say fuck all of the fans hating on Brillant. We have a top quality MLS centreback on our bench. My only problem with him is the money we're spending on him. Also, Alex Callens is our best and fastest attacker out of the back. When Chanot and Sands are back I want to throw Callens in at left back with Chanot next to Brillant and see if Callens's defensive and offensive awareness makes him a better left back than sweat who is nothing but an overrated try hard piece of shit who thinks he's too good for this team. I'm a little drunk by the way if you guys haven't noticed.

I'm happy we got the three points, they weren't deserved but we got them.

The Revs weren't exactly threatening in the attack, and our defense played decent enough. Their goal was a freak mistake by Johnson.

Lopez really through off the balance of the midfield. He would get the ball and, with his limited soccer IQ, just pass the ball to any particular player. He didn't seem to know how to start the attack, which is what Ring does. I think Lopez is valuable in certain situations, like if we are trying to close out a game we are comfortably leading, he can be a mosquito running around putting pressure on the ball.

Harrison had one good move in the first half where he got free. Other than that I don't think he successfully beat any defender 1v1. I'm not surprised he was subbed off in 60 minutes, I just wish it would have been for Lewis and not Shelton.

Shelton continues to show that he doesn't know what he's doing out there. His first touch is horrendous, and he can't make a decision. We've been seeing this since 2015. It's way past the time to dump him.

Lewis is the future.

WOW !!! All I WANTED TO DO was simply go on the post game and say Good Job Boys you kicked Ass in that second half and showed everyone who's boss and how it's done !...........BUT NO I GET THIS SHIT!!! Remind me who you are dannd23 ??? To my knowledge at this moment I don't remember us having to do with one another ? I happen to have been very happy for the team and enjoyed David as always and this young kid making his first goal and the crowd loving every minuet ! Is that OK for you People ! NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan I have Broke my back trying to be civil with you . A point you've said over and over you want all of us to do . Your above post I agree with because I can't argue Truth !

So let me get this straight I'm the Andrea Pirlo Nut Case ! But you just can't help yourself to be a little Andrea fixed yourself !! But can't or won't admit this Because your so Damn Scared of loosing The Good Old Boy's on this forum . We lost FootyLovin and I think Goodfella with your denial issues !!

I can get past my missing Andrea because We Won !! ......We Won !! Ya'll can't be happy for the team without somehow throwing smack in my face or bringing up a well known fact about Andrea's absence ! I'm trying to move on past Andrea for this team ! He's not even important for them . I'm trying to appreciate the all the good of this team . My Soccer life is at it's end . I'm trying to hold on and see other things past Andrea to keep enjoying the sport !

Please let me enjoy this team ! Please let me say how absolutely wonderful that second half was and how sweet it was when David's kids came out to hug their Daddy . That's what I enjoyed from this game folks !! THANK YOU !
What the hell are you going on about? If you can't make light of something then the forums and internet in general are not the place for you.
He tagged you to be funny and to say Pirlo without actually saying it. Even threw in a smiley lol. No where in my post did you even come up and at no point in time will you come up. You'll be talking to yourself soon with the majority of people having you on ignore.

lol I can't stop laughing at Shelton on Villa's goal... what a clown
giphy.gif