New York Based Agent Say Xavi To Nyc Is A Done Deal

I'd be down with it. Throw him in as a CAM with Mix on the right and Grabavoy left. Villa and Khiry up top and you've got yourself a quality attacking squad. Although I'd like to use a DP spot on a younger international player I have nothing wrong with getting another star like Xavi.

I want him in the summer not in January 2016 he's getting long in the tooth and I think with him and Lampard we could start to gel before the playoffs this year.

Reactions: Kjbert
Why not spend the extra money in salary on a transfer fee for a younger promising South American player?

Promising. That's why.

Right now - they need certainty, not promise.

Play a 4-2-3-1. It's a simple fix. Whether we signed Xavi or not, we still needed a DM. It appears like there isn't anyone out there right now they feel good about.

----------Shelton----------
Villa-----Mix-----Lampard
---Grabavoy---Xavi----
Brovsky-Wingert-Facey-Williams
----------Saunders----------

I think we've seen that Brovsky won't push as far ahead as Williams. Allows Villa to either slot in underneath Shelton along the left and not track back as much or just to pull a Cristiano and not play defense. Grabavoy is your really deep player. Xavi is your deep playmaker. Lampard would have to track back some because Williams pushes ahead more. But this can work.

Play a 4-2-3-1. It's a simple fix. Whether we signed Xavi or not, we still needed a DM. It appears like there isn't anyone out there right now they feel good about.

----------Shelton----------
Villa-----Mix-----Lampard
---Grabavoy---Xavi----
Brovsky-Wingert-Facey-Williams
----------Saunders----------

I think we've seen that Brovsky won't push as far ahead as Williams. Allows Villa to either slot in underneath Shelton along the left and not track back as much or just to pull a Cristiano and not play defense. Grabavoy is your really deep player. Xavi is your deep playmaker. Lampard would have to track back some because Williams pushes ahead more. But this can work.
The problem with that formation is that it would require Villa and Lampard to run way too much. And Lampards best spot is right behind the striker, not outwide in midfield.

Doesn't his contract end in the summer? Why wouldn't we get him in the summer vs 2016?

Sweet, well our options are limited in the summer, but Xavi is still great by MLS standards. Diskerud, Lampard, and Xavi? That's a class midfield right there.

image.jpg

This would be a scary lineup to face

Or if you don't see Mix outside you can take Grabavoy out of the lineup and put Calle out at RM

The problem with that formation is that it would require Villa and Lampard to run way too much. And Lampards best spot is right behind the striker, not outwide in midfield.

Lampard's best position is Central Midfield - not CAM or CDM.

You can run that formation and let Villa float. I agree with Lampard, but if Villa floats, then Lampard pinches in underneath Mix at times.

Reactions: USAfan6
Lampard's best position is Central Midfield - not CAM or CDM.

You can run that formation and let Villa float. I agree with Lampard, but if Villa floats, then Lampard pinches in underneath Mix at times.
But if Villa floats who gives us width on that side? I'm genuinely asking as I haven't seen enough of any of our players Villa and Lampard aside.

If there is a chance to sign Xavi then we must do it. I have no great knowledge of the MLS, but I will be surprised if he can't be a very influential player in the league. His passing ability is second to none and he is the ideal player to control the tempo of the game.

I understand people may be a bit wary of his ability to defend, but I would say the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Don't know if any of you just watched the Barcelona game...but Xavi had a beautiful assist to Neymar. Commentator said NYC fans should be excited should Xavi come. He really is brilliant. Obviously not in his prime but I don't see any negatives of getting him. Would be a mentor like Villa for younger players as well.

Xavi/Lampard/Mix...... I don't care who we throw in there with them, thats the best midfield in MLS. If Xavi is willing to come, you bring the man here. Just my 2 cents. I do put the chances of Xavi being DP#3 at about 90%.

that is the best midfield in MLS history... in my humble opinion

Reactions: deedsy and Kjbert