New York Based Agent Say Xavi To Nyc Is A Done Deal

Think how good this team would have been in 2010, they're just building us a fake history.

Reactions: Kjbert
So when we hopefully find out that there is a 4th DP slot we should bring in DDR if he's available in 2016

The only way to fit Mix, Xavi, and Frank is a 442 diamond with either Xavi or Mix at the top of the diamond. IDK why people are saying we'd get overrun in the midfield, it's not like Frank refuses to defend? He was playing DM for Chelsea for a couple of seasons and played as a CM in a 3 man midfield for almost all of his career (in an inverted triangle, which is what's called for in the diamond). Mix, Frank, and whoever's playing DM would be more than adequate defensively IMO.

We already know that this roster is weak at the DM position. Frank is not a DM, neither is Xavi or Mix. If that is your midfielders in a 4-3-3, you must have a better defense to handle in the increase pressure it will receive or you switch to a diamond and get a proven DM. Otherwise you purposely putting out a weak defensive team expecting to get results. Considering Kreis has always had strong defense as his core, I can't imagine this happening.

The only way to fit Mix, Xavi, and Frank is a 442 diamond with either Xavi or Mix at the top of the diamond. IDK why people are saying we'd get overrun in the midfield, it's not like Frank refuses to defend? He was playing DM for Chelsea for a couple of seasons and played as a CM in a 3 man midfield for almost all of his career (in an inverted triangle, which is what's called for in the diamond). Mix, Frank, and whoever's playing DM would be more than adequate defensively IMO.
He was dropped by Chelsea because he was a liability defensively because his legs are shot.
And when he did play he was partnered with someone like ramires, not Xavi, who requires the same exact situation as Lampard does.

He was dropped by Chelsea because he was a liability defensively because his legs are shot.
And when he did play he was partnered with someone like ramires, not Xavi, who requires the same exact situation as Lampard does.

Uh what? He started getting dropped because Chelsea signed 1 of the top 3 DMs in the world. If his legs were shot, how does he get minutes playing CM in City's way more open system?

Uh what? He started getting dropped because Chelsea signed 1 of the top 3 DMs in the world. If his legs were shot, how does he get minutes playing CM in City's way more open system?
His play at City is proof his legs are shot.. he barely plays..

Reactions: Paul
Just because this guy comes off the bench now for BARCELONA, he's not a good fit here?
He's one of the ten best players of his generation and he would clean up in MLS.
I understand he's not the Xavi of 2010. But he's still a better player than Jermaine Jones or Benny Feilhaber.
If he wasn't, those guys would be playing for Barcelona and Xavi would be a shuttler for Peter Vermees.

I don't think you can play a diamond. You would have to play a 4-2-3-1.

Reactions: Sabo and Drainyoo
His play at City is proof his legs are shot.. he barely plays..

He barely plays because he is stuck behind Yaya Toure and David Silva. There isn't a team in the world those two couldn't play for.

It's not like he's riding the bench for Derby County. You know who else is on the bench for Man City? Eden Dzeko. Stevan Jovetic.

Just because this guy comes off the bench now for BARCELONA, he's not a good fit here?
He's one of the ten best players of his generation and he would clean up in MLS.
I understand he's not the Xavi of 2010. But he's still a better player than Jermaine Jones or Benny Feilhaber.
If he wasn't, those guys would be playing for Barcelona and Xavi would be a shuttler for Peter Vermees.

I don't think you can play a diamond. You would have to play a 4-2-3-1.
It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the fact that playing with Lampard and Mix isn't playing to our teams strengths. Pirlo starts for the Italian Champions and I wouldn't want him here either (with our current midfield options).

He barely plays because he is stuck behind Yaya Toure and David Silva. There isn't a team in the world those two couldn't play for.

It's not like he's riding the bench for Derby County. You know who else is on the bench for Man City? Eden Dzeko. Stevan Jovetic.
He sat the bench when Yaya was away. My point isnt that if a player doesnt play for man city or barcelona they aren't good enough to play here. Its that a midfield of Xavi, Mix, and Lampard will be extremely over run- regardless of how good they are, still were, or used to be.

Reactions: Paul
It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the fact that playing with Lampard and Mix isn't playing to our teams strengths. Pirlo starts for the Italian Champions and I wouldn't want him here either (with our current midfield options).

We haven't played a single meaningful game and you are telling me what our team's strengths are. For all we know, our backline will gel in the weeks ahead and we will struggle providing service to David Villa.

Reactions: Drainyoo
He sat the bench when Yaya was away. My point isnt that if a player doesnt play for man city or barcelona they aren't good enough to play here. Its that a midfield of Xavi, Mix, and Lampard will be extremely over run- regardless of how good they are, still were, or used to be.

Under that analysis, we should release all of our midfielders, especially Grabavoy, Ballouchy, Poku, Dunn and McNamara, because they never played for Man City or Barcelona either. Hell, Dunn and McNamara barely saw playing time for Chivas USA.

Under that analysis, we should release all of our midfielders, especially Grabavoy, Ballouchy, Poku, Dunn and McNamara, because they never played for Man City or Barcelona either. Hell, Dunn and McNamara barely saw playing time for Chivas USA.
No. I'm saying the exact opposite of that actually.

No. I'm saying the exact opposite of that actually.

Really? Because Xavi and Lampard both have shown the ability to play for two of the top 10 clubs in the world this season. The rest our midfield consists of a guy who couldn't get off the bench in Brazil and others who were so good, their teams released them into an expansion draft.

Really? Because Xavi and Lampard both have shown the ability to play for two of the top 10 clubs in the world this season. The rest our midfield consists of a guy who couldn't get off the bench in Brazil and others who were so good, their teams released them into an expansion draft.
That isn't my point at all. Its about who fits better for our team.