New York Based Agent Say Xavi To Nyc Is A Done Deal

Don't know if any of you just watched the Barcelona game...but Xavi had a beautiful assist to Neymar. Commentator said NYC fans should be excited should Xavi come. He really is brilliant. Obviously not in his prime but I don't see any negatives of getting him. Would be a mentor like Villa for younger players as well.

I did... and that lob was perfect. Neymar pointed to the spot and Xavi put it there. Easy pickin's. Now put that aim on a big target like Nemec....

and the exciting part is you get a nice young prospect like poku who can learn and progress a TON working with them
I think that is the biggest benefit of having Lampard and Xavi on the team. Yea, they're getting old, and can't run or perform like they used to, but to have a player like Poku learn from those guys is invaluable. Poku is the future. These guys will solidify our midfield short term, while grooming our young midfielders long term.

Reactions: Kjbert
that is the best midfield in MLS history... in my humble opinion

On paper maybe, but let's see how they play together before we anoint them the greatest. I mean, I base the "greatest in MLS history" title on what they do in MLS, not on past accomplishments in other parts of the world.

One of the greatest players in the world is coming to our club and people aren't happy....

giphy.gif

He's got the best vision out of any midfielder that i've ever seen play besides Pirlo. He'd be a great addition and if anyone can make that midfield work its JK. I have so much faith in his coaching ability.

Complaining about getting Xavi is just loco. It's not like he'll be here forever, and show me a young player with his level of talent and experience. Even at his age he'd be one of the best midfielders in the game.
There isn't a young player with his level of play, talent, or experience. But I do believe there are players that would fit us better, preferably players that can run a lot and put in a defensive shift.
I'm thinking of Chelsea today with Ramires, Zouma (CB not a defender), and Oscar in midfield. I would put those 3 up against Pirlo, Xavi, and Lampard (3 much better and more experienced midfielders) solely for the fact that they can all defend, press, and run.
I said in an earlier post here I would love if Xavi came here, he would have been probably my first choice DP that we were interested in, if we already didnt have fat Frank.

Reactions: Paul
Getting Xavi would be great for the club. Let's be real, he's not going to stay here long if he does come so having him for a couple years would be great. People would look up to him and others would want to be a part of NYC. None of us are positive it will be good right when he gets here, but in the long run I think it'll help out a lot.

If Xavi is coming, then NYCFC needs to upgrade either the holding mid or CB positions. No way a midfield with Xavi, Lamps and Mix be expected to play defense. 60 minute substitutions every game?

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Seriously. Is mean, FFF has always been slow, and Xavi has never been accused of being fast.

I hope Mix and Grabavoy have a hell of a lot of HGH. They'll need it to keep from looking like Kenyan marathoners by the end of the season.

Can't they sell the ticket taxi and go pay a transfer fee? When is big bad CFG going to actually open the wallet?

Reactions: MagnusPax