NYCFC II - General Discussion

Isn't this league starting up in March? How come there is NOTHING from ANYONE on this, no rumored signings, no coaching announcements? I thought there would be an explosion of activity to get ready to launch the league but it is so quiet, when do we think we will get a coaching announcement or at least a few signings from the academy or outside signings?

Reactions: Kjbert
Isn't this league starting up in March? How come there is NOTHING from ANYONE on this, no rumored signings, no coaching announcements? I thought there would be an explosion of activity to get ready to launch the league but it is so quiet, when do we think we will get a coaching announcement or at least a few signings from the academy or outside signings?

It's the holidays. And there's probably stuff in the works.. we just aren't hearing about it. All in due time.

It's the holidays. And there's probably stuff in the works.. we just aren't hearing about it. All in due time.
Exactly. Just like all of us want our holiday time off, so do they. This is (rightfully so) the slowest time of year, but I expect it to all ramp up first or second week of January.

Reactions: moogoo and Kjbert
Exactly. Just like all of us want our holiday time off, so do they. This is (rightfully so) the slowest time of year, but I expect it to all ramp up first or second week of January.
Everyone is biding their time so they can make the first historic announcement of 2022 on 1/1 at 1201 in Kiritimati.

He's definitely the man for the job. From the press release:

"Pilkington has been with the NYCFC Academy since 2016. Serving as Head Coach of the U-15/U-16 and U-19 groups culminating with the U16 Generation Adidas Cup Premier Division Champions and back-to-back National Championship titles with the U-19s (sic). An experienced coach, the Rochdale, England native has coached every Homegrown player NYCFC has signed to their First Team to date."

Here's the full statement: New York City Football Club Name Matt Pilkington and Danny Cepero Head Coach and Assistant Coach for NYCFC II | New York City FC

our II team is now the team that plays on plastic...

:(

I'm disappointed they didn't try to get a grass venue, but I guess St Johns was the easiest short term solution. Perhaps when they eventually expand the training facility, they'll add a field with modest seating for the II squad?

our II team is now the team that plays on plastic...

:(

I'm disappointed they didn't try to get a grass venue, but I guess St Johns was the easiest short term solution. Perhaps when they eventually expand the training facility, they'll add a field with modest seating for the II squad?
This was going to be the likely destination of the team given this is where the academy has been playing it's games.

Season tickets for NYCFC II will be available for both current NYCFC City Members and non-City members and will include all home matches. Season ticket prices for City Members range from $79 - $99, and prices for non-City Members range from $95 - $129.

Additionally, individual match tickets are available for purchase, ranging from $10 - $15. St. John’s students and faculty can buy $5 tickets at the box office on match days with proof of a current SJU ID.