NYCFC II - General Discussion

I'm kinda liking everything about this. Belson's not incredibly convenient but it's doable if you don't mind a subway and a bus. $100-ish for the whole season's not too bad, although I'd hope that would also include some hot dogs or something perhaps. Really like the logo, and looking forward to merch. But most of all, the best bialy place in the city is on Queens Boulevard only a block away from where you get the bus to Belson.

kinda of a side note- is the team going to give updates on the results etc? since it seems there is no twitter account associated with the 2 team.

Reactions: Kjbert
We’re thinking of reconfiguring then Forum because of NYCFCII. I don’t think there will be enough activity for individual match threads like we do for the first team, but it may be beneficial to have a separate subforum (like we do for Other Football) with a dedicated seasonal match thread, general thread, player thread, etc.

How do you think we should format it?

Reactions: Shwafta
We’re thinking of reconfiguring then Forum because of NYCFCII. I don’t think there will be enough activity for individual match threads like we do for the first team, but it may be beneficial to have a separate subforum (like we do for Other Football) with a dedicated seasonal match thread, general thread, player thread, etc.

I think NYCFC II and the academy will have plenty of overlap and a combined forum for the two makes sense. As for how to structure the threads, I think we can do individual match threads, so long as the Match has a live stream. The matches probably won't have enough interest for the shoutbox, but a thread could probably be a good outlet.

Makes sense: 2022 Matches, 2022 Players, General, etc. Can always be broken out into more individual threads if needed.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I think a players subforum similar to the first team and then build the schedule thread with the first post that continually gets updated with results. And use that thread as a season long match day thread assuming that not many people will actually use it

thats a fucking awful badge

there were tweets floating around that mls Kinda forced teams to have a generic 2 or II names. That’s why Miami for example went from ft. Lauderdale to Inter Miami 2.
So not much effort was put into logos from various teams.

Interestingly, I just looked at the schedule -- NYCFC II plays on different days than NYCFC on 22 of its 24 gamedays. Both of those "conflicts" are in September. They usually will play on the opposite weekend day NYCFC did, if NYCFC has a game that weekend.