Nycfc In Talks Kv Oostende For Defender Frédéric Brillant.

It's always wise to err on the side of caution when looking at you tube videos on players. They inevitably show the good moments of players. Having said that, I would assume Vieira may have some knowledge of him as he is French, From the video he does look good in the air and comfortable on the ball. I also think we do need someone with experience to come in and play as a centre back. So here's hoping that the rumour is true and he is able to improve our defence.

It's always wise to err on the side of caution when looking at you tube videos on players. They inevitably show the good moments of players. Having said that, I would assume Vieira may have some knowledge of him as he is French, From the video he does look good in the air and comfortable on the ball. I also think we do need someone with experience to come in and play as a centre back. So here's hoping that the rumour is true and he is able to improve our defence.

I kid you not, the World Famous Dundee United signed a young German goalkeeper based on this Youtube audition video:

He actually turned out to be OK, but nowhere near ready for prime time. Our (now thankfully sacked) manager started the season with him as our Number 1 when he'd never even played a professional game!

I kid you not, the World Famous Dundee United signed a young German goalkeeper based on this Youtube audition video:

He actually turned out to be OK, but nowhere near ready for prime time. Our (now thankfully sacked) manager started the season with him as our Number 1 when he'd never even played a professional game!
I'm telling you man, tree throwing and Haggis......

Reactions: Kjbert
Well he should give us some aerial power at least. You would have to think playing in Belgium, he is a better player than anyone we have at the moment in that position. Also he doesn't look slow. I guess we will find out in time.

This would be a solid addition. We can definitely use the CB reinforcements. Regardless if Brillant signs, I believe the FO will bring in another CB player.

If you read the article, it's a bit confusing at the end of the article when it explains NYC's international slots. It states we had 5 open international slots at the beginning of the offseason and states that with our 4th signing (assuming Brillant signs), we'd be left with 0 slots...the writer also includes Harrison as a player who takes up a international slot.

We're not the only ones who's confused as to how many international slots are available

Reactions: Kjbert
Regardless if Brillant signs, I believe the FO will bring in another CB player.
Question: If Brillant signs, is he our big CB signing? Conventional wisdom has been that we would sign a primary quality CB (as a definite starter) and a secondary quality CB (akin to and likely to compete with Mena for starts) this offseason (also assuming White counts as tertiary). Is Brillant that primary quality player? Or is there a bigger signing we should expect?

Wouldn't DC need to be compensated? I know he's a "free agent" but in MLS there is no such thing at that age
Depending on what the compensation is I would go for it. But what sort of wages would he be looking for? Was he looking for DPmoney from DC?

no way we sign kitchen.

Brillant deal looks inevitable. I like it. Great in the air. Would pair well with mena.
Good to see this team addressing the need for better defenders.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT