NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

That's the problem with EPL players, especially the English ones. Their costs are inflated because you need them in UCL.

How about Shane Long?
I like Shane Long I think he is a strong forward but could be on the wrong side of 30 another option is the Irish system is Millwall's, Aiden O'Brien. Has a good nose for goal, only 24 and could be gotten pretty cheap from Millwall and could slot nicely with Villa with his pace

As a man of Irish heritage and a big fan of his, I'd fully support this.

A healthy Shane Long puts up Robbie Keane production.

The guy I wanted last year was Robbie Brady. He has Giovinco level freekick skills. He can also whip the ball into the box (where our 5"3" midfielder will head his perfect cross wide).

Is Fuchs an actual possibility?

If transfer market is to be believed he's under contract for another year at Leicester. His wife and kids live here in NYC so it's always a possibility. Maybe he will play out his contract next year and sign with us for TAM the following season. Would be hard to consider burning a DP slot on him to play LB.

What do you think it would cost to get a guy like Divock Origi or Theo Walcott?

There was a rumor last summer that Walcott had entertained an MLS offer but nothing came of it. I have no clue what his contract situation is.

Injury jokes aside I don't think Walcott would adjust well to the MLS, he's just not competitive enough. He'd get hacked down by under skilled MLS defenders and once it went uncalled a number of times because of under skilled MLS refs he'd just check out. I remember seeing how frustrated Villa was adjusting to this season one, but the difference is Villa cares about winning and scoring goals above anything else so he accepted it and adjusted to it. I can't see Walcott doing the same.

Injury jokes aside I don't think Walcott would adjust well to the MLS, he's just not competitive enough. He'd get hacked down by under skilled MLS defenders and once it went uncalled a number of times because of under skilled MLS refs he'd just check out. I remember seeing how frustrated Villa was adjusting to this season one, but the difference is Villa cares about winning and scoring goals above anything else so he accepted it and adjusted to it. I can't see Walcott doing the same.

One of the interesting things on Walcott (and I am only throwing his name out there because there was an MLS discussion with him last year) is that he can play all across the Front 4. He's not a natural #9, but neither is Villa. He's not a natural #10 creative wise. He's not truly a winger. He's probably best playing second fiddle to a target man or with two up top. But he's versatile.

Origi might be out just a little too high caliber of a player for the MLS right now, 22 and scoring in the Bundesliga, with interest from Wolfsburg to sign him long term. The kid is going to be a good goal scorer would like Theo he could be an asset next to Villa.
LFC probably looking between 13-17 to turn a nice profit on a young striker, who knows if he keeps his form he might get a little pricey by the end of his loan. Theo is having a tough time getting into squad regularly so maybe a nice splash of cash could lure Arsenal to sell him for south of 20 mil. The numbers are all BS just based on players of that caliber being sold.
You wouldn't sniff Origi for less than 2o mil pounds, IMO. Wolfsburg reportedly paid 6m pounds for a 1 year loan.

One of the interesting things on Walcott (and I am only throwing his name out there because there was an MLS discussion with him last year) is that he can play all across the Front 4. He's not a natural #9, but neither is Villa. He's not a natural #10 creative wise. He's not truly a winger. He's probably best playing second fiddle to a target man or with two up top. But he's versatile.
I'd say his best spot is on the bench at Arsenal.

I think young and talented has to be the route. A boarderline MNT player that we can develop might not be splashy but if we can build around a core of talented youth losing villa in a year doesn’t sting as much.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think young and talented has to be the route. A boarderline MNT player that we can develop might not be splashy but if we can build around a core of talented youth losing villa in a year doesn’t sting as much.

And this is why Moralez is such a disaster. We're playing with borrowed time with Villa. Let's say he ages as you would expect a 36 year old to age. Let's say he blows his knee out.

Then what? We signed a marginal player as our 2nd DP. As much as I would love to swing for the fences on an Almiron type player and hope he makes good, can we afford that? Can we afford not to land a no brainer player?

A Villa injury next year probably sends us back 2-3 years. We're playing with Fire

And this is why Moralez is such a disaster. We're playing with borrowed time with Villa. Let's say he ages as you would expect a 36 year old to age. Let's say he blows his knee out.

Then what? We signed a marginal player as our 2nd DP. As much as I would love to swing for the fences on an Almiron type player and hope he makes good, can we afford that? Can we afford not to land a no brainer player?

A Villa injury next year probably sends us back 2-3 years. We're playing with Fire
This touches on MLS’s asinine cap rules about replacing season ending injuries.

Reactions: adam
I think you asked me last week if there was someone on Everton we could grab. Sandro Ramirez could probably be had for a song right now.
I think he's looking to head back to Spain, right?

Honestly, he's probably out of our sweet spot on the age/quality graph, though. He's still so young, and he has an excellent pedigree.

But he would be an amazing signing if he was willing to work.

eta: I don't hold anything against anyone for their performance for this version of Everton.

I think he's looking to head back to Spain, right?

Honestly, he's probably out of our sweet spot on the age/quality graph, though. He's still so young, and he has an excellent pedigree.

But he would be an amazing signing if he was willing to work.

eta: I don't hold anything against anyone for their performance for this version of Everton.

He really hasn't played since September. But I watched all of their pre-season and I don't know just yet what he does well on the field. He somehow scored 14 goals in La Liga last year. He's a Barca product.

He still has potential, he has a little bit of a track record, but I still wouldn't want him here. We need a finished product. He's too much of a wildcard. But it would be an interesting target that shows ambition

We all know the third DP is going to be someone uninspired,

giphy.gif

Last edited: