Nycfc Revealed Pictures Videos And Discussion

Every criticism of the event was on point. The host was weak; and the forced excitement never worked. The 10 minute commercial for the main sponsor was inevitable, but I was really hoping for a more NYC-centric sponsor or atmosphere. I mean, the school kids are cute and all but they used them like a shield.

As for the kit, embarrassingly derivative. I was not in the pinstripe camp, or orange piping camp, but I was firmly in the Do Something That Represents NYC camp. But the team is in the MC2 camp, and I'll be wearing my Swans gear to the games.

The soccer culture in the US is one of 'we're more grass roots than you' and the popular belief amongst other supporters is that NYCFC is 'plastic' and this further reiterates that amongst supporters of other clubs and a lot of people want and expect the club to distance themselves from that.
By doing something different with the home kit I think they would have taken a step in that direction but I feel that the actions the club has taken as pertaining to player acquisitions make it clear and obvious that this is not a 'b' squad and that its a club that WILL compete against the top MLS clubs and challenge for the cup.

They need to create a chant that represents the team and the fans. Something inspiring and powerful, not a taunt that you'd hear in a school playground.

What do we have to chant about yet? We haven't played a game, and we just got a jersey.

Playing up the Red Bull rivalry is one of the few things we can do. And the banners at the event didn't help - everything was about being "NYC's MLS team". If the team's expressing that opinion, can't expect the fans not to do so.

I honestly don't know what people wanted out of this kit. We always knew it was going to be Sky blue and with Etihad. We can talk about Etihad another time, but sky blue always made the most sense. The Fire and Rev already have Navy kits. White isn't a great kit, especially when that's the color of the kit worn by the team across town. So sky blue is the natural selection. Pinstripes are a great idea but it's really hard to pull off pinstripes with those horrific Adidas strips on the shoulders.

That's not to say this kit couldn't be improved. I think the club needs to think hard about incorporating more orange into its visual identity to help distinguish it, and making that striping orange rather than white could have gone a long way. But other than that, I'm not quite sure why people are no upset that this resembles a Man City kit. Every kit with sky blue and Etihad is going to resemble a Man City kit.

The soccer culture in the US is one of 'we're more grass roots than you' and the popular belief amongst other supporters is that NYCFC is 'plastic' and this further reiterates that amongst supporters of other clubs and a lot of people want and expect the club to distance themselves from that.
By doing something different with the home kit I think they would have taken a step in that direction but I feel that the actions the club has taken as pertaining to player acquisitions make it clear and obvious that this is not a 'b' squad and that its a club that WILL compete against the top MLS clubs and challenge for the cup.
This is the most important factor, by far, in my view. But I think it is still to early to tell that this is the case. You knew they were going to bring in DP players. Let's see how they fill out the rest of the squad before we see its not simply a MCFC feeder. I still think that it will be managed the way we all hope, and that should make me feel better about the kits those players are wearing.

What do we have to chant about yet? We haven't played a game, and we just got a jersey.

Playing up the Red Bull rivalry is one of the few things we can do. And the banners at the event didn't help - everything was about being "NYC's MLS team". If the team's expressing that opinion, can't expect the fans not to do so.

There is no rivalry yet. NYCFC hasn't played a single game. RB are in the playoffs. We have no right yet to talk smack. Build a movement, and then when we start kicking RB butt, that's when we taunt. Doing it at a jersey release event was just absurd.

I honestly don't know what people wanted out of this kit. We always knew it was going to be Sky blue and with Etihad. We can talk about Etihad another time, but sky blue always made the most sense. The Fire and Rev already have Navy kits. White isn't a great kit, especially when that's the color of the kit worn by the team across town. So sky blue is the natural selection. Pinstripes are a great idea but it's really hard to pull off pinstripes with those horrific Adidas strips on the shoulders.

That's not to say this kit couldn't be improved. I think the club needs to think hard about incorporating more orange into its visual identity to help distinguish it, and making that striping orange rather than white could have gone a long way. But other than that, I'm not quite sure why people are no upset that this resembles a Man City kit. Every kit with sky blue and Etihad is going to resemble a Man City kit.

Jerseys%20for%20Web.jpg

None of those look like MCFC. Even if the sponsor was Etihad. There's a difference between using the same color and using the same jersey.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
There is no rivalry yet. NYCFC hasn't played a single game. RB are in the playoffs. We have no right yet to talk smack. Build a movement, and then when we start kicking RB butt, that's when we taunt. Doing it at a jersey release event was just absurd.

I'll agree that it's too early to taunt them, for sure, but there's absolutely already a rivalry brewing.

Look on /r/MLS for three minutes (or better, don't), and you'll see about five hundred posts about how everyone (and especially NYRB and Cosmos fans) dislikes NYCFC. Even if you don't see a rivalry yet (and I totally understand where you're coming from there, for the record), Red Bull fans are feeling some tension, for sure.

How can we build our own identity long term when the look is so firmly based on another team's? Even banana republics and Commonwealth nations get their own flag, ya know? The jersey was the easiest way to give us a little space from MCFC and instead they went and gave us leftover Adidas prototypes from when they tried to get a MCFC deal. Just seems lazy and misses the point that we want our own team (or even just an illusion of one).

I'll agree that it's too early to taunt them, for sure, but there's absolutely already a rivalry brewing.

Look on /r/MLS for three minutes (or better, don't), and you'll see about five hundred posts about how everyone (and especially NYRB and Cosmos fans) dislikes NYCFC. Even if you don't see a rivalry yet (and I totally understand where you're coming from there, for the record), Red Bull fans are feeling some tension, for sure.

Yeah, totally agree there's something brewing with the fans, but NYCFC hasn't done anything on the field yet. That's what I meant by rivalry.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
There is a difference between voicing your opinion and undermining those of others. If the kit is important to people, its not overblown. Nobody told you how to feel. Don't judge us by how we do.

Cough *warzone" cough.

There's a rivalry there but if that was the first 10 minutes on the pitch RBNY a crushed us. 1 person chanting 1 team in NY awkwardly during a question is not a good way to start the game. I'm just saying TR Need to forget this 'we're not organizing chants people start and everyone joins in' mentality and start organizing chants because that clearly did not work. It was a room full of people waiting for someone to start and when they did no one wanted to join in because they had no idea what was going on

Reactions: doctorhoosier

We knew it would resemble it but not look like a replica from a Chinese website. Also it's the very first ever jersey which will influence the look and culture of the club. Sky blue and Etihad is fine by me just not MCFC by Adidas. I'll still support the club and I'm grateful CFG brought MLS soccer to NYC proper. I just wish they wouldn't alienate a large chunk of potential fans. It's shooting yourself in the foot. You can achieve success on the field but fans are the soul of a club.

Most people outside of the NYCFC fan base seem to like the kits a lot from what I've seen

Most people outside of the NYCFC fan base seem to like the kits a lot from what I've seen
It's really not that important to me as I want to support the club regardless. I'll definitely be buying it. That's without question. I do however want them to do something different and be creative which we see CFG is capable of. I mean that UCL kit for City is to die for.
It wouldn't surprise me if they waited to judge reception of the home kit and base the away kit off of that.

I don't see what the problem is? if you know your history you'll know most football clubs take their iconic identities from other clubs.

An example would be Italian giants Juventus and their black & white striped shirts... They actually took this design from a English club called Notts. County

Many more examples. The Sky Blue is itself just a colour which many clubs have chosen over the years such as Napoli, Coventry City, and many more.

Find out more about Manchester City. I mean we have played in Red & black striped shirts over the years.
Our first shirt was actually all black

1.jpg

new-manchester-city-away-shirt-2011-12.jpg

Look at all the different variety of shirt colours here:

shirt7.jpg

All the different designs which have taken inspiration from many different clubs from many different leagues over the years.
Some iconic shirts such as the Sampdoria inspired shirt can be seen above.

So if you have any muppet who says you're just a "MCFC clone" because of your shirt colour (lol) they obviously don't know much about this sport and how historically most clubs have a variety of different colours and clubs which have iconic designs have usually taken inspiration from other clubs.

Another example - Real Madrid in their iconic all white kits has inspired many clubs to also play in all white such as the now famous Leeds United who adapted to play in all white many years ago.