Nycfc Revealed Pictures Videos And Discussion

So, just to switch up the convo a bit, I really don't understand why NYCFC couldn't have jerseys for sale at the event. They gave one out to one winner, and being that they'll be available in almost two weeks, tells me that the shirts are ready. Why not have a bunch ready for the folks who attended? It's the least they could have done for making us travel to the middle of nowhere on the west side for a dull event.

I'm at work, but I had the same question. I get wanting to have a big event, but there's no reason the supporters there shouldn't have had a special opportunity to buy the shirt. This whole thing was bungled. First the teaser which suggested to a lot of people that the shirt wasn't sky blue, which raised a lot of unrealistic expectations. Then the club failed to respond to those expectations by lowering them with a few simple teases that would have made clear that A) ETIHAD WAS GOING TO BE THE SPONSOR (so be braced for a similar look) and B) ITS GOING TO BE SKY BLUE. As a result, people went into the event really hoping for something very different and didn't get it.

And yeah, you do not have Etihad give a 10 minute presentation at a fan unveiling. You do that at a press conference. A lot of mistakes with this from a club that had been on point so far.

Reactions: Drainyoo and Gene
Posted the following on the Third Rail Facebook page and wanted to share with the forums as well:

Hey Railyard:
I'm inspired to share that I feel today was an amazing, exciting day.

Casting aside what I feel to be some petty, minor things:
*people have not received their scarves yet (but will)
*people got scarves with some manufacturing issues (and will get replacement scarves)
*people feel like the jersey is (in the words of deadspin) hand me down MCFC kits (I think they're classy - and as you'll hopefully see in a minute - secondary to what today was about)
*the event today was not without hiccups, i.e. they didn't get the posters to the door in time to accommodate everyone on their way out (it's ok. It's a nice poster and the group obv had the best intentions)

...today at the NYCFCREVEALED event was my first chance to be IN ATTENDANCE with so many moving pieces of this organization:
The Third Rail was there
The NYCFC back office was there
David Villa was there
The media was there
The sponsors were there

It was a blast to be among so many supporters and with so many who each have a job to do to make NYCFC the success it's poised to be.

What struck me most about the event was what Tim Pernetti said:

"NYCFC is working incredibly hard every single day to give you something to be proud of...we need you with us and behind us as we step forward and do everything we do for this club"

"I ask you this: Help...build...the passion."

"Build the passion ... BOTTLE it ... because on march 15th, we want you guys to LET IT FLY"

great speech, Tim. Truer words were never spoken.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB was the tag for the event and it speaks to a warm welcome and speaks of many great things to come for all of us together as a group with this team that already we are stoked to see take the pitch next year.

My excitement and enthusiasm has been taken up a notch today.

See y'all again on opening day, if not sooner.

J

I have to agree with why jerseys were not available for sale. There were a lot less people there than í thought would be. Order 300 and limit everyone to 1 kit and every founding member that actually got in walks out with one of the firsts jerseys. Needless to say í preordered when i got home.

Another gripe... why not bring out the rest of the players that are available? Would have been nice to see the rest of the team. I know Lampard would be difficult, but some others could have been invited.

Another gripe... why not bring out the rest of the players that are available? Would have been nice to see the rest of the team. I know Lampard would be difficult, but some others could have been invited.
True, maybe NYCFC rushed the whole event last minute? After watching the video, that's what it felt like.

Maybe cuz I don't like corporate suits on a stage being the frontman for a sports team (and a 10 minute Etihad presentation that looked like it's used to woo potential investors and NOT get fans excited about your new team)? The host / wannabe hype man looked like he's "the funny guy from Finance who leads everyone in the macarena at the company christmas party". o_O

The host / wannabe hype man looked like he's "the funny guy from Finance who leads everyone in the macarena at the company christmas party". o_O

So true. I think he was at one of the previous events. He's terrible.

hmmm, somone from England bossing people from the U.S around? sounds errily familar
washx.gif

You guys have probably seen most of these already. My intention was to upload during the event but I failed to consider updating here FB and Twitter would be devastating to my phone battery.
YR5jxmv.jpg

cTZm6KL.jpg
MNFNtYn.jpg
N3DrFhC.jpg
HR3VO5q.jpg
JmVlTOS.jpg
QrsUW1r.jpg

What was the general feeling inside once people saw the jersey?

The reaction seemed positive but very mellow. I blame that on Third Rail. They did a really poor job with the atmosphere and energy at the event.

The club did what they could to keep the momentum going. The crowd stunk. It's easy to blame Third Rail (though as the passionate fans that we all look to for atmosphere) it's not entirely their fault. Everyone could have used a little pep in their step. For instance, in the begining they brought out Franky Flow (??) who did some Harlem Globe Trotter style ball handling exercises. He wanted everyone to clap in beat with the song. I believe within 45 seconds it was only myself and someone behind me that continued clapping throughout the duration of the performance. There really was NO energy from the crowd. That kinda set the momentum for the rest of the event.

As far as the reaction to the jersey goes. It was quiet for two reasons. (1) The crowd was pretty quiet to begin with. (2) The shirt really isn't anything to get excited about.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
The club did what they could to keep the momentum going. The crowd stunk. It's easy to blame Third Rail (though as the passionate fans that we all look to for atmosphere) it's not entirely their fault. Everyone could have used a little pep in their step. For instance, in the begining they brought out Franky Flow (??) who did some Harlem Globe Trotter style ball handling exercises. He wanted everyone to clap in beat with the song. I believe within 45 seconds it was only myself and someone behind me that continued clapping throughout the duration of the performance. There really was NO energy from the crowd. That kinda set the momentum for the rest of the event.

As far as the reaction to the jersey goes. It was quiet for two reasons. (1) The crowd was pretty quiet to begin with. (2) The shirt really isn't anything to get excited about.
they shouldve done it on a saturday at Fulton Piers. more people could go

Events like that are always awkward. Add in most people were probably heading to work after and it's understandable why it lacked energy or whatever. I don't usually get all pumped up on Thursday mornings lol.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Pretty unhappy with third rail. At this point won't be a member after this year. Team needs to treat ticket holders better than the fan club. After í preordered jersey at event third rail post on facebook a 20% off deal. I have no problem paying full price but if discounts are going to be given out it should be to season ticket holders.

Reactions: Drainyoo
Thanks to everyone who posted pictures, including einwindir and golazo. And thanks to BxLio91 for posting the Olbermann vid. I guess it's too much to ask the club not to make themselves a laughingstock and an embarrassment by something as simple as releasing a frakking jersey.