Nycfc V Dc Postgame

If anything tonight is just as damning of Kreis as the losses were. I am happy as hell we won, because Kreis finally put out the team that gave us the best shot to win. The fact he didnt put out a lineup like this the two games previous is borderline insane with how successful it has been. The trio itself of Pirlo, Poku, and Villa is responsible for 9 goals over the course of Orlando, Montreal, and DC. Against RB and the first 60 minutes of Montreal, zero goals.

Very nice......that makes me want our own stadium so bad and FAST. At least 30-35k.

I'd be happy with just having more then Jersey and being in the City! But ideally I'd want no less than 30k.
Lets hope we can keep up this attendance next year too!

Poku MOM by a mile - that kid is an absolute star.

There were a lot of nice little skills, but people weren't on the same wavelength. I put that down to Kreis not knowing how to organise a team.

But overall, a good game, good night out, class from my boy Poku and signs that we could yet become a team!

Reactions: Kjbert
We aren't the usual expansion team. We have world class stars in Villa, Pirlo, Fat Frank. and the epically awesome legend that is Poku.
Dude, did you see this team up until a few games ago??????????? Do you know that we had the following people starting for us for the majority of the year and Mix being gone for the USMNT, along with a backup GK.

Wingert, Grabavoy, Ballouchy (to be fair he has played decent), Brovsky, we had Nemec, Mullins started a few games, we have Hernandez a below avg CB, Velazquez started a few games, goodness, and you guys were expecting to already clinch a playoff spot by now, SMH....why is Kreis starting Wingert, and Ned every game? He sucks he is an idiot....how about, he didn't have anyone better to put in their places maybe????? Yes I have been on the Poku bandwagon since day one and have been clamoring for him to start since then, and yes JK has made some mistakes but goodness, I have no idea what you all expected this first year....yes I do, MLS CUP?

Edit: Not to mention, as any team gets more game experience together, they will improve naturally, not to mentioning those players having overall better talent then the garbage we put out from the beginning.

Is anyone else excited to see Poku's loan spell at Man City in a couple months?
Liked for awesomeness of post. Hated because he is that damn solid and more physical than pretty much anyone in any league.

He's a goddamned jewel. And our coach has used him roughly 30% of the time he was available. And people want to defend said coach. Not okay, man.

We all saw his quality in preseason. Except smug oompaloompa Kreis. He's so sad. He needs a witch to tell him what to do.

That was stellar play from a great team. Idk what Kreis did at half but it worked.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Dude, did you see this team up until a few games ago??????????? Do you know that we had the following people starting for us for the majority of the year and Mix being gone for the USMNT, along with a backup GK.

Wingert, Grabavoy, Ballouchy (to be fair he has played decent), Brovsky, we had Nemec, Mullins started a few games, we have Hernandez a below avg CB, Velazquez started a few games, goodness, and you guys were expecting to already clinch a playoff spot by now, SMH....why is Kreis starting Wingert, and Ned every game? He sucks he is an idiot....how about, he didn't have anyone better to put in their places maybe????? Yes I have been on the Poku bandwagon since day one and have been clamoring for him to start since then, and yes JK has made some mistakes but goodness, I have no idea what you all expected this first year....yes I do, MLS CUP?

Edit: Not to mention, as any team gets more game experience together, they will improve naturally, not to mentioning those players having overall better talent then the garbage we put out from the beginning.

Again, as has been mentioned every single time, it is a very small minority of people who want Kreis out because of wins and losses. People want him out because of terrible decisions every game. Not playing Poku is the most glaringly obvious one, but you mention there being no one better than Ned and Wingert until a few games ago, but he was still playing Ned instead of Mix Diskerud(really, you are going to bench a USNMT player with loads of talent for Ned Grabevoy) and would likely still be playing Wingert if he didn't get injured.

I can give Kreis credit where credit is due. Outside of continuing with Jacobson, his gameplan tonight was really good and made some good halftime adjustments. But any critique that I and many have of Kreis has very very little to do with wins and losses.

You always play the same strawman argument. Someone says Kreis is shit and you respond by saying "We were never going to win the cup first year!! DuhhH!!!" No shit we werent going to win it. What everyone on this forum has been saying has been we could of been in a much better place despite Kreis.

Stop making excuse after excuse. The roster was there. He played the shittier players and others out of positions, made bad subs, bad lineups, bad to nonexistent tactics, he was the one who helped fuck up our drafts that we ended up with so many shit players, he personally scouted the others.

This Season being shit is on him and all those who continue to make up excuses for this fraud.

I've watched this team from the very beginning of the their existence.

I'm well aware that we have some utter crap on our roster.

However, the majority of our failures have been caused by the awful lineups that our coach keeps putting onto the field.

Do we need to win MLS Cup in year 1? No. Should we make the playoffs with our current star studded roster? Absolutely.

Reactions: Kjbert and dannd23
My two cents on the win.

Overall, this was probably one of our best games of the year and it came against a very good defensive team, very disciplined defensive team that close down the passing lanes very fast, and very well!!! You could see in the first half NYCFC trying to fit some balls in and the defenders were having none of it. Most I am proud about this team is that they didn't give up, they kept playing really hard and overall the individual skill of our team which is much better then DC showed up. I said during the week that DC was a good team but far from great.

Eastern Conference teams would rather face them then TFC, Redbull, heck even NYCFC. Because they know that DC is not all that threatening. Hamid has to stand on his head every game which he usually does but the playoffs are a different beast. I expect them to fizzle out again in the first round.

With that said, I loved the ball movement and more important the running and spacing of our team. Poke is just so fucking good with the ball at his feet and he is so strong, they can't take the ball away from him and his feet are so smooth. I love him playing as a SS underneath Villa and kinda hedge his bets a little bit and go up top to form a quasi two striker tandem up top with Villa when we have forward possession.

Villa is Villa, great game, great emotion. Great GREAT GREAT game by Anelgino, this kid is so freaking good it aches my heart knowing he is not truly ours =(.....Facey had a decent game so did Hernandez but I can't help but cringe every time there is a ball crossed into our box. Our guys just don't play crosses well at all and it usually costs us.

I liked the line up and when Lampard gets healthy, you slot him into the Mid, play Poku as a SS underneath Villa with Pirlo, Mix, and Mac as the other mids for the rest of the season (assuming all are healthy) and I will go battle with this team against anyone in the league. Let's make it happen.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Gotta give a ton of credit to Kreis. Clearly he made some points and adjustments at halftime and got the guys fired up for a great second half. That's the sign of a great manager right there!

#InKreisWeTrust
#DucksAsEveryoneOnThisForumThrowsShitTowardsMe

Gotta give a ton of credit to Kreis. Clearly he made some points and adjustments at halftime and got the guys fired up for a great second half. That's the sign of a great manager right there!

#InKreisWeTrust
#DucksAsEveryoneOnThisForumThrowsShitTowardsMe

Don't need to duck this #KreisOut camper. I can give credit where credit is due and Kreis was on point for the most part tonight. I am just skeptical it will remain that way.

You always play the same strawman argument. Someone says Kreis is shit and you respond by saying "We were never going to win the cup first year!! DuhhH!!!" No shit we werent going to win it. What everyone on this forum has been saying has been we could of been in a much better place despite Kreis.

Stop making excuse after excuse. The roster was there. He played the shittier players and others out of positions, made bad subs, bad lineups, bad to nonexistent tactics, he was the one who helped fuck up our drafts that we ended up with so many shit players, he personally scouted the others.

This Season being shit is on him and all those who continue to make up excuses for this fraud.
Wait he screwed up our expansion draft and we were left with so many bad players? Care to tell me which players Orlando City took that we could of had that have been very good this year? The same Orlando City with a world class midfielder in Kaka the whole season. The same Orlando City that is fighting for the last playoff spot like us?????????? So if Kreis Played Wingert, Grabavoy, Ballouchy, etc all year, and you did not like that, tell me, who would you have played instead, who was on our depth chart that you would have played? I will be waiting.

I've watched this team from the very beginning of the their existence.

I'm well aware that we have some utter crap on our roster.

However, the majority of our failures have been caused by the awful lineups that our coach keeps putting onto the field.

Do we need to win MLS Cup in year 1? No. Should we make the playoffs with our current star studded roster? Absolutely.
Of course not MLS cup was not realistic in the beginning of the year and guess what, MLS CUP is MORE REALISTIC NOW THEN IT EVER WAS IN THE BEGINNING because of all of the better talent we have added. You just said our roster as utter crap but still say Kreis is in the wrong with the awful lineups. Contradicting?

Reactions: Gene
Just for the record, when Kreis is still coaching this team in 3-4 years and we consistently put out a winner starting next year. All of you guys that have no patience and with the win now at all cost mentality, with a FUCKING EXPANSION TEAM, can come back and blow JK until he shoots his load in your slutty faces.
Just for the record, that won't mean he did the right thing this year. Don't make that logical fallacy.

Wait he screwed up our expansion draft and we were left with so many bad players? Care to tell me which players Orlando City took that we could of had that have been very good this year? The same Orlando City with a world class midfielder in Kaka the whole season. The same Orlando City that is fighting for the last playoff spot like us?????????? So if Kreis Played Wingert, Grabavoy, Ballouchy, etc all year, and you did not like that, tell me, who would you have played instead, who was on our depth chart that you would have played? I will be waiting.
Why are we arguing? We won! Let's celebrate the victory and start bitching tomorrow.