Nycfc V Montreal Motm & Post-game

I'm consistently impressed by how dedicated this forum is to all things homoerotic. I'm proud to be part of such an open minded group.
What? I have no idea what you're talking about. I was talking about his aerial abilities.

Jewsbury,-Grabavoy-joust-in-NYCvPOR_0.jpg

Reactions: Gavin23
Chill out
Hmm.

Surprised to get a chill out. This board has had tons of comments about Kreis and Ned engaged in various sex acts. That always strikes me as a pretty juvenile (if not homophobic) way to complain.

But mentioning it, I'm the one you tell to chill out?

Things that make you go hmm.

Reactions: joe
Hmm.

Surprised to get a chill out. This board has had tons of comments about Kreis and Ned engaged in various sex acts. That always strikes me as a pretty juvenile (if not homophobic) way to

Surprised to get a chill out. This board has had tons of comments about Kreis and Ned engaged in various sex acts. That always strikes me as a pretty juvenile (if not homophobic) way to complain.

But mentioning it, I'm the one you tell to chill out?

Things that make you go hmm.

Chill out

What about all the comments about people letting Pirlo stroke their hair while they sleep?

What about all the comments about people letting Pirlo stroke their hair while they sleep?
There's homoerotic directed at oneself which suggests (to me) a level of comfort and maturity and open mindedness. Then there's homoerotic directed at others (this player blowing Kreis etc) that suggests (to me) immaturity, homophobia, etc.

I really wasn't trying to make a big deal of it. But being told to chill for calling people out on obnoxious juvenile behavior struck me as odd.

Maybe I'm the one who is confused, either about this subject or about this community.

Reactions: joe
There's homoerotic directed at oneself which suggests (to me) a level of comfort and maturity and open mindedness. Then there's homoerotic directed at others (this player blowing Kreis etc) that suggests (to me) immaturity, homophobia, etc.

I really wasn't trying to make a big deal of it. But being told to chill for calling people out on obnoxious juvenile behavior struck me as odd.

Maybe I'm the one who is confused, either about this subject or about this community.
So what would me posting about homoerotic interaction between Kreis and Nedinho in one post, then posting and PIRLO and I in another say about my maturity level?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan

One person tells you to chill out and you generalize the community. A couple people engage in what you refer to as juvenile behavior and you generalize the community.
There's nothing that pisses me off quite like people that generalize a group based on the actions of few. To me that's awfully immature. If you don't like the way some here talk, please use the ignore function. Don't make us all out to be 'homophobes' There's over 1,500 members here. A handful do not speak for the community, nor will I speak for them being homophobes or not. So I ask you to please not mark us as something the majority of us are not.

One person tells you to chill out and you generalize the community. A couple people engage in what you refer to as juvenile behavior and you generalize the community.
There's nothing that pisses me off quite like people that generalize a group based on the actions of few. To me that's awfully immature. If you don't like the way some here talk, please use the ignore function. Don't make us all out to be 'homophobes' There's over 1,500 members here. A handful do not speak for the community, nor will I speak for them being homophobes or not. So I ask you to please not mark us as something the majority of us are not.
Wow. Sorry that's how you took it.

I actually do think highly of the community which was the point I was trying to make. Though tone and inflection get lost here.

I specifically said, "Maybe I'm the one who is confused, either about this subject or about this community." The intent of the phrasing was probably too subtle. I was saying that I think the community is open minded and is tolerant. For gavin's comments to be correct, I would have to be the one who was confused. Personally, I don't think I'm the one who is confused. And thus my comment was meant as a rebuke toward him and a compliment to the community.

Frankly I wouldn't have even made my first comment in this exchange if I didn't think this community was open minded enough to hear a critique of our casual use of gay sex as an insult to fling at JK/NG.

I've commented many times about how impressed I am with the intellectual and analytical capabilities of this group. I suspect a great deal of high moral character as well (the high number of lawyers in the group notwithstanding). Sorry my meaning was lost and you felt I had committed a cardinal sin of throwing the community under the bus.

I actually do think highly of the community which was the point I was trying to make. Though tone and inflection get lost here.

I specifically said, "Maybe I'm the one who is confused, either about this subject or about this community." The intent of the phrasing was probably too subtle. I was saying that I think the community is open minded and is tolerant. For gavin's comments to be correct, I would have to be the one who was confused. Personally, I don't think I'm the one who is confused. And thus my comment was meant as a rebuke toward him and a compliment to the community.

Frankly I wouldn't have even made my first comment in this exchange if I didn't think this community was open minded enough to hear a critique of our casual use of gay sex as an insult to fling at JK/NG.

I've commented many times about how impressed I am with the intellectual and analytical capabilities of this group. I suspect a great deal of high moral character as well (the high number of lawyers in the group notwithstanding). Sorry my meaning was lost and you felt I had committed a cardinal sin of throwing the community under the bus.
I think you're mistaking the insult. It's that they have a relationship off the field that dictates who gets to play that is insulting. The gay part of it has nothing to do with it.

Not that FootyLovin FootyLovin needs the help, but I've also felt like there's been a real uptick in gay "jokes" lately. 99% of it seems seems centered around Kreis and Grabavoy, and I understand the anger around that subject, but it's still a bad look for a community that is open minded and is tolerant (and, frankly, is a whole lot funnier that these sort of comments suggest).

And NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan is obviously right that not everyone does it, and as I've said, it's (mostly) only done on a certain subject. For the most part, I don't think it is done from a hateful place. But just like members have discouraged other members from using the R word, I'd suggest people refrain from anti-gay comments.

Thanks to everyone who is funny and openminded and insightful. It's why I come here to discuss the team.