Nycfc V Redbulls Postmatch

Terrible defense. Terrible coaching. Villa looked average.

Only player that honestly impressed me was Poku. If Kreis doesn't start him next game I will be livid.

#KreisOut.

Only positive today was the crowd. Excellent.
I'm not saying with 100% certainty that you'll be livid, but you should 100% be prepared to be livid.

It is of course, still very early, but some of his post game comments, and tactics when in a lead do not correlate with the mentality of a want to be bigger team. To much sitting back and excuse making, and he never takes any blame for his fuck ups.

Early, but have seen these signs with other ex smaller club coaches being put in a much bigger/pressured situation.

I heard about a fight going on in the dugout before the game which is why the march to the stadium from the fountain was so small, does anyone know what happened?

The "ultras" (RB fans dressed in black) got off the train or wherever they came from and walked down the sidewalk in front of Dugout. The NYCFC fans saw them and stood in front of them and threw their chants and insults. Which was awesome! The "ultras" saw that there were very small numbers of NYCFC supporters outside, so they saw that as their opportunity to "get tough" and push through them. It was mostly pushing and shoving but a few punches were thrown here and there. It settled down and then turned into chanting again. Then they tried to push through again and it was more of the same; pushing and shoving and a couple of punches.

NYCFC fans were greatly outnumbered. The "ultras" made their way through and then were on the other side of Dugout facing south. Some more chanting and insults and somebody crossed a line and it then it got physical for real. I didn't see any blood or anyone down so I guess it was relatively ok.

After that, I stepped in and tried to get the "ultras" to move up the block. Of course, I wasn't very effective. They did eventually move away 100 feet or so. Then something else happened and several of them came running back like they were going to do something. At that point, I went inside Dugout.

I'm not saying with 100% certainty that you'll be livid, but you should 100% be prepared to be livid.
Midas, I'm seriously asking, dude. Do you just enjoy being pissed about this stuff?

It's an expansion team built through the expansion draft. You couldn't possibly have expected this team to compete this year.

I'm asking because I tend to think you're pretty funny, and I like you. But I really can't be that negative right now. Don't mistake that for being positive, but the "Kreis Out" stuff is still remarkably misinformed.

9ReRvb8.png

Midas, I'm seriously asking, dude. Do you just enjoy being pissed about this stuff? It's an expansion team built through the expansion draft. You couldn't possibly have expected this team to compete this year. I'm asking because I tend to think you're pretty funny, and I like you. But I really can't be that negative right now. Don't mistake that for being positive, but the "Kreis Out" stuff is still remarkably misinformed.

Just saying, Orlando ain't doing to badly...

Anyone think nemec might have been useful against miazga? Asking villa to body that guy up was a joke. I have a feeling the locker room can't stand this coach.

I've defended Nemec on here, I won't specifically this time, but playing direct the way we tried to frequently with David Villa as our physical presence up front is an exercise in futility.

Who were the guys that our coach thought didn't give full effort? Can't be villa, mix was all over the place tackling and trying to press the defense. Jacobson was even involved in the attack. McNamara lost 6 lbs in sweat. Even though the defense looked lost, they were energetic.

The lack of effort comment sucks. It wasn't effort, it was game plan. Stop throwing the players under the bus after a loss. I really don't even blame grabavoy. He's not a defensive midfielder (it is actually laughable that he is played there) and he clearly has passed his prime. He's shouldn't even be out there. The shitball comments after losses just make Kreis so unlikeable.

Grabavoy hasn't looked the same since he missed a few games with an injury. He's clearly a step slower now. I'm not a huge balloucy fan but I don't know why he went off while grabavoy stayed on when he is clearly not fit.

Orlando wasn't building from scratch - they had a USL team to pull rotational players from. We didn't.

We missed on a few guys we brought in internationally big time. The Lampard shit cost us one of our fundamental players (and a DP spot) for half a season. We've struggled with injuries to the only best 11 quality guys we got out of the college draft and the expansion draft.

Knowing all that, how can we reasonably expect to compete? It'll get better after the summer transfer window, but who knows how much? I just can't expect to win games with a roster made up of MLS Journeymen, castaways and youth coaches, paired with a couple studs.

That's true, but remember as a team and as an organization they existed before this year. Yes, they made a lot of changes in the draft and all, but they're still not a new team that's only play a few matches.

Gotta be in it for the long haul. It's not about the 2015 season, it's maybe more about the 2018 or 2020 season.

Reactions: Gentile
Maybe it's because I was right below the Third Rail and across the stadium from the where they put the Energy drink supporters but despite what everyone seems to be saying I couldn't hear them at all from where I was.

I was in section 234 and I could hear them.

Reactions: TommyM
Midas, I'm seriously asking, dude.
1. Do you just enjoy being pissed about this stuff?

2. It's an expansion team built through the expansion draft. You couldn't possibly have expected this team to compete this year.

3. I'm asking because I tend to think you're pretty funny, and I like you.

4. But I really can't be that negative right now. Don't mistake that for being positive,

5. but the "Kreis Out" stuff is still remarkably misinformed.
1. Not a matter of enjoying it. I gripe when we suck and/or lose. I celebrate when we don't.
2. Yes.
3. Thanks. I circled yes on the note you passed me!
4. I'm not negative intentionally. I just react to the circumstances. See #1.
5. I haven't said Kreis out. I want him to show some damn balls and improve.

It was completely baffling how they could press us so effectively and still have 2-3 guys on Villa. How many players were they allowed to have on the pitch? I guess the fact that they could foul Villa as much as they wanted helped them execute their strategy.

I got beer thrown on me from the third level. So yeah, I can tell you that they were there, and were a big bag of dicks.
I saw them tossing beer down I was in section 212. I didn't get hit by beer but I got one of their flags dropped on me so I tossed in the urinal and pissed on it.

Reactions: TommyM and The Toe
The five guys (six including Saunders) in the back have little to no ability to pass it to the midfield. There was one play where Jacobson got the ball at CDM, took a few nervous touches, then fired a pass to no one that ended up rolling through the entire field to Robles. It was just laughable. Frustratingly laughable.

Reactions: Gavin23