Official: Maximiliano Moralez signs as 3rd DP

My only concern is that he -- even around the same size as Gio -- will find it difficult to adjust to the league physically. You look at Giovinco, understanding he's 5'-whatever, but he has a huge base, even for bigger/taller guys. Stocky legs that allow him to stay upright 99% of the time -- which Maxi seems to be lacking. Physically very different, even with their similar height.

My only concern is that he -- even around the same size as Gio -- will find it difficult to adjust to the league physically. You look at Giovinco, understanding he's 5'-whatever, but he has a huge base, even for bigger/taller guys. Stocky legs that allow him to stay upright 99% of the time -- which Maxi seems to be lacking. Physically very different, even with their similar height.
Not to mention Gio is a better player regardless, which I think masks some of his size issues.

That's what I was trying to say is giovinco is way more stocky

We don't know whether the DP designation is just until summer so we can save some TAM or is going to be for all 3 years of the contract.

The Club definitely looked at what guys like Lodiero, Piatti and Valeri bring to their clubs and said "I'll take some of that!" I am happy they did - let's hope he produces for us in similar ways.

If you look at the announcement on the Club's website, they talk a lot about him being a #10. Like many, I had figured he'd be our starter at LW, but I wonder if they will put him in the midfield.

I am cautiously optimistic about this. Would also feel much better if he could be bought down half way through the year but no way to know at this point with our front office.

Reactions: Kjbert
I thought it said he was released from his contract?

Fantazma Fantazma I believe you are the big follower of Liga MX here right? What do you think?

he didnt see much playing time due to new coach coming in....so some people dont think he was great....but to me doesnt take away his skill and impact he can have. it depends how he gets used to the physicality of the MLS ( ie: the terrible tackles from RB games for example)

as mentioned by others he can be the one that helps unlock our other offensive weapons when villa is being guarded closely.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
Well, anyone who has a Mix jersey is set. I just took care of that for you.
C4utKs2XAAQMsQD.jpg:large

http://sharemytactics.com/83008/

Okoli is a good sized body to sit in the middle and not get pushed off the ball.

With Mata and Allen pushing up, Herrera, Callens, and Chanot can hold the back line and play the ball out of the back.

Edit: ok, i cant figure out how to put the image of the lineup in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert