Official: Maximiliano Moralez signs as 3rd DP

RIP LionNYC LionNYC's Khedira DP dream.

If we know anything about LionNYC LionNYC we know this is not nearly enough for him to let go of the Khedira prediction, I'm not even sure if he's fully given up on the chance of the Mix hat trick

Khedira can still come in the summer. It will happen...eventually!

Not a fan of a three year contract or a DP contract. I'm in a boo camp for this. Please Reyna/Vieira prove me wrong.

And there it is, no one can ever question your consistency.

For limited playing time, looks good to me. I'd rather believe in a DP I never heard of, then be disappointed by some over paid guy from Europe.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm ok with the signing. We certainly needed a link if we were going to continue playing out of the back. For all of the goals Lampard brought, the ball went from Iraola/Pirlo and died there. Tried to attack up the wing but RJ Allen has lead feet and with the short pitch, we could rarely go over the top well.

My concern is that if you wanted a #10 (and it seems they keyed in on a creative attacking player for this DP spot), there are better options available if you are willing to spend the money.

I'll reserve total judgement until say July when player movements occur in Europe, but for now I am not impressed.

Going to be funny when he plays in the preseason and wears number eighty-something that a trialist would wear.
Solid burn, NYCFC.
Would that be $80-something dollars per second of playing time? The last laugh is his.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Im a little stumped. . . . is he worthy of a DP slot / salary ? lol

Just saw this on twitter but if maxi moralez is the new Matias Perez Garcia that's not good as most of you can probably have no idea who that is

Last edited:
Watching the game today, remember that Sacha Klejstan is on DP wages but bought down. Valerie and Piatti are on that level but have DP tags.

For this type of contract/player, he absolutely must have the impact of those three guys. Klejstan was probably the most vital cog in MLS last year. Just opened up opposing defenses. If this guy isn't on a level similar to those guys, this is a MASSIVE failure on the Club's part.

Watching the game today, remember that Sacha Klejstan is on DP wages but bought down. Valerie and Piatti are on that level but have DP tags.

For this type of contract/player, he absolutely must have the impact of those three guys. Klejstan was probably the most vital cog in MLS last year. Just opened up opposing defenses. If this guy isn't on a level similar to those guys, this is a MASSIVE failure on the Club's part.

So MLS Best 11 (or 18) or bust?

So MLS Best 11 (or 18) or bust?

No. Giovinco is the best player at his position. But if he doesn't perform at the level of a Piatti, it's a massive fuck up by this Club. Just look at Veron in New Jersey and how useless he's been for them.

As a DP, he needs to be a legitimate game breaker for us. Villa has been incredible. When he was here and healthy, Lampard scored goals. He probably earned his keep, he just wasn't on the field a lot. Pirlo has been a massive disappointment from a production standpoint. Just not a good fit for this league. I'm afraid we'll end up where we were before Lampard really got into the flow of things.

There are players available in the world on similar deals that could have been acquired to fill this role. This just seems like a lazy acquisition to me

Just saw this on terrier but if maxi moralez is the new Matias Perez Garcia that's not good as most of you can probably have no idea who that is
Dude, just...dude. If you're such a damn rockstar fan, how did you not have an MLS loyalty before? How did you ever vent your soccer geniuz before you joined here 3 whole days ago?