Official: Maximiliano Moralez signs as 3rd DP

Wow, who was that idiot that said he'd be a loan and may not be a DP? What a moron!
:rolleyes:

Spoiler alert: It was me

To be fair we still don't know the terms of the deal, he still might be in the buy down zone! (He's not going to be in the buy down zone.)

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Kjbert
This from the NYCFC website
  1. Maxi Moralez has played in four different leagues – Primera División in Argentina, the Russian Premier League, Serie A in Italy, and Liga MX in Mexico.
  2. He is nicknamed frasquito, which in English means little flask
  3. Moralez began his youth career at Racing Club before making his professional debut in 2005.
  4. Moralez helped Racing Club avoid relegation during the 2007-2008 season by scoring the winning goal in the relegation playoff.
  5. Maxi loved horses at a young age before deciding to take up soccer.
  6. In 2009, Moralez was bought by Vélez Sársfield, where he helped the team become Argentine champion and scored 5 goals in his first season.
  7. Maxi has played against NYCFC’s own Andrea Pirlo several times during his time with Atalanta in Italy.
  8. After 142 appearances with Atalanta, Maxi joined Club León where he scored 4 goals in one season.
  9. At an international level, Maxi played alongside Sergio Aguero and Angel Di Maria in Argentina’s U20 FIFA World Cup in 2007.
  10. In the U20 World Cup, Maxi earned the Bronze Boot after finishing with the third-most goals (four goals) and the Silver Ball for being the second best player of the tournament (behind Sergio Aguero.)

Not if his salary can be converted to TAM contract in the summer (especially if we're waiting for the Mix $ to come off the books)

Im still surprised that we havent heard anything about the Mix situation. At the very least i would have thought that Mix would have slipped up and tweeted out some info that we, the overreacting forum delegation, could chew on. I guess his contract really is that bad for his level of talent, Thanks Kries
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
Im still surprised that we havent heard anything about the Mix situation. At the very least i would have thought that Mix would have slipped up and tweeted out some info that we, the overreacting forum delegation, could chew on. I guess his contract really is that bad for his level of talent, Thanks Kries

But if they gave us real information what would we endlessly speculate about? There must be two baseless things for us to whip ourselves into a frenzy about at all times, the stadium thread and whatever else it is.

Without baseless accusations and unyielding hyperbole on the part of the forums the team would fall apart and somehow the f.cosmos would become relevant again. It is known.

Reactions: JayH and Konrad
I'm going to go ahead and say I'm cautiously optimistic about Maxi as DP. This is a guy whose potential was once world class, and that wasn't as a 16 y.o. but as an adult. He had caps with Argentina's U20 (with Aguero and DiMaria) and with the absolute national team, arguably the most loaded in the world, one that Tevez for example, has barely gotten caps with. To wear that shirt once is a guarantee of potential at least. Hundred plus appearances in serie A. How does his resume differ from Giovinco's? Our previous DPs were more established world class players, but also clearly past their prime. He is not. Let's wait and see. If we get 80% of 2011-14 Maxi he'll be a star.

I feel better about this knowing that we have a nice fresh DP spot to work on with a Pirlo exit. I'm hopeful that is already in works, since this is a beefy 3 year deal.

On the plus side, we needed a legit offensive option and playmaker anyway. That need was as glaring as the defense to me. Let's hope someone steps up to boss that midfield and lock it down.

ETA: We got a new NYCFC gold to use in FUT now. Marksman looks nice on him.

I'm going to go ahead and say I'm cautiously optimistic about Maxi as DP. This is a guy whose potential was once world class, and that wasn't as a 16 y.o. but as an adult. He had caps with Argentina's U20 (with Aguero and DiMaria) and with the absolute national team, arguably the most loaded in the world, one that Tevez for example, has barely gotten caps with. To wear that shirt once is a guarantee of potential at least. Hundred plus appearances in serie A. How does his resume differ from Giovinco's? Our previous DPs were more established world class players, but also clearly past their prime. He is not. Let's wait and see. If we get 80% of 2011-14 Maxi he'll be a star.

I think many of us are happy to have him on the team - but if he finishes the season as our 3rd DP, that shows a lack of ambition for the Club.

I Sure Wish I was cleaver enough like you young people to post one of those video gifts for WHAT ?? Cause I have no clue even after seeing his story who this man is ? Can Anybody post one for me Please ?o_Oo_Oo_O

I feel better about this knowing that we have a nice fresh DP spot to work on with a Pirlo exit. I'm hopeful that is already in works, since this is a beefy 3 year deal.

On the plus side, we needed a legit offensive option and playmaker anyway. That need was as glaring as the defense to me. Let's hope someone steps up to boss that midfield and lock it down.

Very true. Let's hope he steps into the Lampard 2nd Forward role in that 4-3-3

Reactions: NickA and Konrad
I don't think behind the striker means he won't nominally be on the wing. The big issue with our wing play now is that we don't have anyone that does a damn thing to help the midfield or the striker. They just stand around until someone plays a long ball or it's passed to them when they are stuck right between a defender or two and the touchline (more Khiry than Jack, but Jack isn't exactly giving any defenders a headache with his movement).

E.g.

NYCFC-formation-tactics.png

My guess is that he is a DP because of the transfer fee and we will buy him down next year. When he was in Serie A he was making around 500k euros so i would be shocked if hes earning over a million.