Official Nycfc Forums Fantasy League

Also, Iraola is $7 and Angelino is $5. I think both could be solid buys, but will definitely give them time to settle in before considering adding them. Same with Lampard, of course.

Pirlo will probably be overpriced due to his position, which doesn't seem to score much in fantasy.

Angelino could actually be a huge steal if he wins a starting spot.

Angelino starting is a must have, but I think its going to be a while before that happens. Iraola is totally overshadowed by Lampard and Pirlo, but I think he is going to be huge in real life and fantasy.

Reactions: The Toe
Picked up Iraola already. $7 for an offensive FB that is being brought in for his strong runs and crosses into the box. Holding off on the rest, though might have to pick up Gerard next week. If Angelino is used as a mid it might be an even better deal.

Reactions: sbrylski
Yesterday mid-afternoon I thought about whether the likelihood of new news coming out between then and the time of the SJ-Houston game that would affect my transfers. So I got Lampard, and 1-2 hours later he was out. I decided to eat the 4-pt fee but was so annoyed I didn't pay attention and I replaced him with Galaxy midfielder - and they're on a bye. So I'm on an 8-point deficit. Congrats to this week's H2H opponent Stokie Blokie, whatever your handle here might be.

Yesterday mid-afternoon I thought about whether the likelihood of new news coming out between then and the time of the SJ-Houston game that would affect my transfers. So I got Lampard, and 1-2 hours later he was out. I decided to eat the 4-pt fee but was so annoyed I didn't pay attention and I replaced him with Galaxy midfielder - and they're on a bye. So I'm on an 8-point deficit. Congrats to this week's H2H opponent Stokie Blokie, whatever your handle here might be.

For the record, the league is half from here and half from Reddit. We only had 10 or so signups from the forums so I expanded the search.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
OK I'm confused how the head to head works. I scored 80 points, minus 8 for extra transfers. That's 72. (It helped to have both Villa and AntMan on the roster). My opponent had 47. The score for our "match" shows 47 for him and 72 for me. But I lost. My record went from 1-0-2 to 1-0-3. How the hell did I lose when I outscored him by 25 points?
ETA: never mind. I'm an idiot who can't count how many games there has been.

Last edited:
Angelino down from 5.0 to 4.9 because he only played a half, yet looked good. Who else is jumping on their second NYCFC player this week? (I assume we all have Villa, right? RIGHT?)

I will. However I'm going to wait. It took 20 weeks or so to get it through my thick skull, but I'm not making any transfers until the last possible minute. I've been burned far too many times by the half assed info doled out by MLS. ;)

Reactions: mgarbowski
Angelino down from 5.0 to 4.9 because he only played a half, yet looked good. Who else is jumping on their second NYCFC player this week? (I assume we all have Villa, right? RIGHT?)
I'm hesitating on Angelino because I'm not confident Kries starts giving him 60+ minutes per game right away.

I'm hesitating on Angelino because I'm not confident Kries starts giving him 60+ minutes per game right away.

I thought that as well, but seeing how he advanced the ball and looked good on attack, he was too good a bargain to pass up. I see him either having an assist or a goal against NE (and hopefully a clean sheet). Kreis would have to be an absolute moron hell bent on not making the playoffs to not give him decent pt. He came on the pitch like he owned the joint.

Reactions: Paul
Fucking hell. I'm terrible at picking captains. These were my options:

Keane vSJ - 17 points
Kamara vCHI/@CHI - 15 points
Finlay vCHI/@CHI - 17 points
Feilhaber vMON - 12 points
Giovinco vPHI - 7 points

Of course I captained Giovinco. Cost me my undefeated record in the H2H league.

Reactions: Gene