Official Nycfc Forums Fantasy League

I joined. In a # of H2H leagues already. Much more fun.

You didn't also have Dempsey and Martins in your lineup who were announced out after the deadline for a pregnant wife and nose job. Also had Korb announced injured after deadline, and my backup for Martins - Khiry announced injured after deadline. What a week...

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
You didn't also have Dempsey and Martins in your lineup who were announced out after the deadline for a pregnant wife and nose job. Also had Korb announced injured after deadline, and my backup for Martins - Khiry announced injured after deadline. What a week...

Or maybe you captained Kamara because he'd surely rack up the points on a DGW and he delivered a grand total of 6, after the captain points double.

Dempsey out. Aristigueta & Olave out after a few minutes (with the clean sheet bonus lost for Olave and Sapong scoring twice on chances that would have gone to Aristigueta). My sub for Dempsey also getting a zero (Great last 5 minutes, New England. Went from a 5 to a 0). I'm glad we all have the unlimited transfers this round.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Very unlucky matchups for some people in the first week of the Inaugural week of the new H@H league. 4 out of 20 players scored more than 60 points and they all played each other so two of them lost.

So now I feel like a real life MLS coach and am thinking the USOC a diversion and distraction. I had Kamara, Dempsey and Martins on my team last week. Knew I'd have to switch out Kamara this week for his bye, but hey, I have one other fre transfer to burn. Then Martins gets hurt and Dempsey commits a suspensionable offense in USOC play. If all 3 can't play I've tied up about 10% of my tema budget on someone who can't play, or forfeit 4 points for an extra transfer.
Plus there's no timeline on Dempsey getting his punishment and I bet the Sounders say nothing about Martins until Saturday so I have to guess. Upside[?] is half the league is probably in the same position given so few options last week.

Reactions: Gene
I was simply going to sub out my two Columbus starters (Kamara & Finlay) and bring back Feilhaber and another forward (leaning towards Bruin).

If Dempsey gets bounced, I might finagle a bit to replace him with Giovinco; even if it means eating the 4 points. Just might be worth it this week.

I was simply going to sub out my two Columbus starters (Kamara & Finlay) and bring back Feilhaber and another forward (leaning towards Bruin).

If Dempsey gets bounced, I might finagle a bit to replace him with Giovinco; even if it means eating the 4 points. Just might be worth it this week.

Giovinco, despite being the most expensive player in the league, has been one of the most valuable so far too, in terms of points per dollar. It's insane.

My current lineup:

Frei
Gonzalez - Cimon - Mears
Giovinco - Feilhaber - Caldwell - Romero
Bruin - Espindola - Larin

And then I have Sorto, Polster, and Maganto on my bench, one of whom I'll have to play this week because Larin is still away.

Not fully settled on my striker pair, I'm point chasing on Bruin and taking a chance on Espindola. But we'll see what happens.

According to the Injury Report over on mlssoccer.com (not the most reliable of sources to say the least.) Martins is out for Seattle.

According to the Injury Report over on mlssoccer.com (not the most reliable of sources to say the least.) Martins is out for Seattle.
Yes, but they're mostly wrong in the other direction: ie not having someone on the list at all even though he is injured. So this is probably right.

Martins picked up a groin or abductor issue, last I heard he was looking at maybe 3 weeks out