Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

NYCFC in The Media - Every outlet is ripping us a new asshole. Don't Google us lol.
this is a self inflicted wound, but at this point if you are a NYC fan we have to fight back, while we let the team know this jersey is not going to fly, but do defend you team.

Reactions: MDubya79
this is a self inflicted wound, but at this point if you are a NYC fan we have to fight back, while we let the team know this jersey is not going to fly, but do defend you team.
Nah the best route is self-deprecation/sarcasm so they can no longer use it against us. Kinda like a fat kid joking about being fat. This is all new, just roll with it. Yea we're a mini Man City right now, it is what it is. But getting all defensive is not a good look, it's one of those "only I can say that about my family!" situations even though you agree with what the outsiders are saying. You just don't want to hear it from them. Let's all be fat together.

Apparently that's a good thing. Is it too much to ask that my club doesn't turn itself into a laughingstock?
Some on these boards think its heresey to dare not want MC-ism everywhere. However its every fans/supporters right to determine for himself what they want.

Its clear the majority of NYCFC fans are not happy with this.

Nah the best route is self-deprecation/sarcasm so they can no longer use it against us. Kinda like a fat kid joking about being fat. This is all new, just roll with it. Yea we're a mini Man City right now, it is what it is. But getting all defensive is not a good look, it's one of those "only I can say that about my family!" situations even though you agree with what the outsiders are saying. You just don't want to hear it from them. Let's all be fat together.

Yeah I don't think the joining on the beat up season is a good idea. It's more like we can talk about are team you can't.

Who cares about the backlash? Go win the God damn soccer games. Let them wear kilts and bras. I could care less.

If they win, no one will remember. And if they win, the baby blue jerseys will be a GOOD thing actually marketing wise as people talk about the success of the CFG soccer squads (plural).

And if they don't?

No one will care because no one will go. NYC only supports a winner. Too many distractions here. This isn't Carson, CA or Kansas City. Too much going on in NY.

Does alienating a good part of potential fanbase and depend on bandwagoners to support a product seem like a good plan to you?

My point is that if this team doesn't win, the backlash won't matter. The media coverage or lack there of won't matter. This market is already saturated.

Buckley just posted this on Facebook.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...ork-number-fronts-start-inaugural-2015-season

Some good things in there, including this:
..coming soon.
That is true about the club’s away kit, which is finalized and NYCFC Chief Business Officer Tim Pernetti calls “nothing short of fantastic.”

“I think it will be an incredible seller in the market and I think it’s going to really connect with New York sports fans,” he said without stating when it would be released. “It’s great.”

To me that sounds like they don't want to admit anything but they know fans were not wowed by the home kit. Also likely suggests that they knew all along that fans wouldn't be blown away by the home kit, but planned a more interesting away kit to please us, so do with that what you will.

Club is about substance and not sizzle. Give them time. They have already assembled a team with the best DP pairing the league has seen

Thursday was failed sizzle. It is what it is. I'll probably get offered the jersey for the holidays.

Reactions: Kjbert
David Villa was on Republica Deportiva today which is Univision's sports show.
B3JJne-CAAAkJMn.jpg:large

B3KhRGsCEAIWhr_.jpg