Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calle would be huge for us. Draw in a massive supporting crowd and gain a young player who hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Seems decent. Kreis has had some success with Colombians.

I'm not sure he is a starter or game-changer, we'll see.

Assuming MLS adds a 4th DP slot, this would be my prediction for the start of 2015 season:

Goalkeepers

Akira Fitzgerald
Ryan Meara (on loan from NYRB)
Josh Saunders

Defenders
Tony Beltran
Jeb Brovsky
Jason Hernandez
George John
Andres Mendoza (Int)
Kwame Watson-Siriboe
Josh Williams
Chris Wingert

Midfielders
Mehdi Ballouchy
Javier Calle (Int)
Bersant Celina (On loan from MCFC, Int)
Mikkel Diskerud (DP)
Matt Dunn
George Evans (On loan from MCFC, Int)
Ned Grabavoy
Andrew Jacobson
Frank Lampard (DP, Int)

Forwards
Marco Borriello (DP, Int)
Godsway Donyoh (On loan from MCFC, Int)
Patrick Mullins
David Villa (DP, Int)

Trades
Taylor (+ Cash) for Beltran
McNamara for Allocation money

Assuming MLS adds a 4th DP slot, this would be my prediction for the start of 2015 season:
Goalkeepers
Akira Fitzgerald
Ryan Meara (on loan from NYRB)
Josh Saunders

Defenders
Tony Beltran
Jeb Brovsky
Jason Hernandez
George John
Andres Mendoza (Int)
Kwame Watson-Siriboe
Josh Williams
Chris Wingert

Midfielders
Mehdi Ballouchy
Javier Calle (Int)
Bersant Celina (On loan from MCFC, Int)
Mikkel Diskerud (DP)
Matt Dunn
George Evans (On loan from MCFC, Int)
Ned Grabavoy
Andrew Jacobson
Frank Lampard (DP, Int)

Forwards
Marco Borriello (DP, Int)
Godsway Donyoh (On loan from MCFC, Int)
Patrick Mullins
David Villa (DP, Int)

Trades
Taylor (+ Cash) for Beltran
McNamara for Allocation money
We would have the best hair in the league.

I would love Mix, but wouldn't bode well for his nat team future to come here.

Reactions: Kjbert

I think that is overrated he already played in a league that was Spring to Fall and he is a quality player that will be getting starting time in the us and will rise his profile.

i would sign up for that in a heartbeat , except i would keep mac, there is good depth at D and he may have a bright future, with no current academy, i would like to see us try to develop him, dunn and mullins

i would sign up for that in a heartbeat , except i would keep mac, there is good depth at D and he may have a bright future, with no current academy, i would like to see us try to develop him, dunn and mullins
Kreis and Reyna said they want to develop national team players.

Based on the WSJ article and Reyna's comments, this is what they are looking at to fill out the roster moving forward:

GK:
Josh Saunders
Ryan Meara
GK 3

D:
Jeb Brovsky
Kwame Watson-Siriboe
Josh Williams
Jason Hernandez
John George
Chris Wingert
D 7
D 8

MF:
Andrew Jacobson
Matthew Dunn
Frank Lampard
Ned Grabavoy
Thomas McNamara
Mehdi Ballouchy
MF 7
MF 8
MF 9
MF 10

F:
David Villa
Patrick Mullins
Tony Taylor
F 4
F 5
F 6

SO! Looks like we need another Goalkeepers by camp, another two defenders 4 midfielders and 3 more Forwards.

For those of you who know the MCFC U-21 team, is there a GK over there? Is there a MF over there you like? And beyond Donyoh and Iheanacho, is there a Forward you like?

With the Super Draft, the top names are F Cyle Larin, MF Cristian Roldan, MF Leo Stolz, D Michael Amick, D Joshua Yaro.

We don't have a goalkeeper with experience that would help out.

As I have said before the only 2 players I would suggets would be Shay Facey (20) defender who can play right back or central and Jordi Hiwula (20) striker.

Those are the two older players I can think of that would be available. I would be surprised if we sent anyone younger to New York

Reactions: MrE and Kjbert
kun kun, not only does that team look good enough to win the MLS Cup, but it has the depth the compete in the CCL as well. I'm not sure we take three loanee's from MCFC, and I'm starting to lower my expectations for the third (and potential fourth) DP, but your scenario is still very realistic. Exciting stuff.

Reactions: Kjbert and kun
GK .... Angus Gunn ..... Son of former professional Goalkeeper (& Scottish international)
DF .... Shay Facey... Has represented England at every youth level, and is now ready for a step up, but has too many in front of him at City
MF.... Albert Rusnak.. was Slovakian U 18 captain, now U 21 player
FW.... Devante Cole.... Son of Ex England player Andy Cole.... I do not think I have ever seen a player with his pace and work rate.... even at First team level !!! I watched this guy on his loan debut for Barnsley at Coventry he came on as Sub and changed the game.

The above players are ones that I hope one day will grace the field for MCFC, not just any old Elite Development Squad Players, while they develop to fisrst team squad level, I would like to see them stay "in the group" ....

If you do end up taking these players on loan from MCFC.... look after them .... please !

Angus won't come as he is too importnat for the youth team.

Rusnak is going to Gronigen on a permanent deal

Agree with Facey, but can't see Cole comint to the US would say more chance of Hiwula.

Unfortunately only Angus Gunn will play for our first team, there are too many better players in our youth teams for any of the others to succeed!

what about Marcos Lopes, he saw a few matches at Lille this year, in your opinion is there any chance he comes here to play the top of the diamond as a starter, he can get 30 plus matches here as opposed to less than 10 in France

kun kun, not only does that team look good enough to win the MLS Cup, but it has the depth the compete in the CCL as well. I'm not sure we take three loanee's from MCFC, and I'm starting to lower my expectations for the third (and potential fourth) DP, but your scenario is still very realistic. Exciting stuff.
This!! Am I the only one that takes the CCL seriously and actually wants MLS to win it? We need a deep team to compete with the Mexican clubs, and I really think Kreis and CFG are making a really deep club for us. Plus I think the Costa Rican league has some solid clubs in it, and if you don't have depth they will eliminate you.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
what about Marcos Lopes, he saw a few matches at Lille this year, in your opinion is there any chance he comes here to play the top of the diamond as a starter, he can get 30 plus matches here as opposed to less than 10 in France

He has been out with injury for a while and Lille haven't won a game since he has been out.

I believe he will be part of our first team squad next season, so i would say he wouldn't be an option to go to New York.

According to Nick Chavez on twitter Javier Calle from Columbia has had positive talks with NYCFC but won't be a designated player.

They shouldn't be anything but positive. I know Colombia has improved since Escobar was assassinated (not the footballer!) but why would anyone choose that over New York?

Would most likely be a DP now.

Status
Not open for further replies.