Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They shouldn't be anything but positive. I know Colombia has improved since Escobar was assassinated (not the footballer!) but why would anyone choose that over New York?

To tell you the truth, MLS and American soccer aren't considered that good for a Colombian. A good young player would wait for offers from either Mexico or Argentina in order to increase the chance to go to Europe, or they would wait for an European offer.

There is a huge story of successful Colombian players on the MLS, but none of then went to Europe (the aspirational dream) immediately after playing here.

Reactions: Kjbert and Trone
They shouldn't be anything but positive. I know Colombia has improved since Escobar was assassinated (not the footballer!) but why would anyone choose that over New York?
That's a little narrow minded, colombia is a beautiful country and home is home. Im sure his decision has a lot to do with what is best for his career rather than just a chance to live in NYC

Angus won't come as he is too importnat for the youth team.

Rusnak is going to Gronigen on a permanent deal

Agree with Facey, but can't see Cole comint to the US would say more chance of Hiwula.

Unfortunately only Angus Gunn will play for our first team, there are too many better players in our youth teams for any of the others to succeed!

I really cannot say whether Gunn is better than the others or whether you have better than Cole or not, but I think Cole is exceptioanal, and will bet you a piece of swallow pride pie he gets a squad place..... ( I really have no idea, but he has a future somewhere, hopefully MCFC in the end)

I don't see how Lampard, Jacobson, Grabavoy fit with Mix UNLESS Lampard plays RM and then Mix plays #10

Reactions: mlmahan76
I don't see how Lampard, Jacobson, Grabavoy fit with Mix UNLESS Lampard plays RM and then Mix plays #10
I don't think Jacobson is going to start regularly. But if we play a diamond, I think you are right that RM is where Lamps will have to play.

If they add Mix and a more attacking player, I would think maybe a 433 would work. Mix, Lampard and Grabavoy would be extremely strong in possession, mitigating the need to have a true dedicated DM.

That midfield, even with Mullins, David Villa and TBD in front of them will be scary in attack. Mix and Grabavoy will put in some work on defense, too.

Reactions: Kjbert
To tell you the truth, MLS and American soccer aren't considered that good for a Colombian. A good young player would wait for offers from either Mexico or Argentina in order to increase the chance to go to Europe, or they would wait for an European offer.

There is a huge story of successful Colombian players on the MLS, but none of then went to Europe (the aspirational dream) immediately after playing here.
Would Fredy Montero have changed that opinion a bit though? He was great for Seattle. And while he's been inconsistent with Sporting CP, I would think that perhaps his example would change that opinion. Although I really think it has to be with the right coach and I honestly think that Kreis would be one of those coaches.

Would Fredy Montero have changed that opinion a bit though? He was great for Seattle. And while he's been inconsistent with Sporting CP, I would think that perhaps his example would change that opinion. Although I really think it has to be with the right coach and I honestly think that Kreis would be one of those coaches.

Somehow, but remember that he went back to Colombia, to Millonarios, won a championship there and only then went to Portugal. With Montero, there was this notion that he wasn't called to the national team because he was playing here and not in Europe.

I know Xavi and Mix are the sexy picks, but I want Alejandro Bedoya. FC Nantes does not look like they are going to resign him, but he is playing great right now. Love his motor and his attacking style. Local guy too, so that's a plus!

Until I get confirmation of the opposite, that's exactly what I'm implying. Or they might even keep a DP spot hostage.

Bedoya plays on the right side for Nantes and the USA. He has played some CM before.
He was playing a bit more centrally in the attack for Nantes a good bit. Has that changed?!

I like him. He would kill it in MLS. Without being expected to track back quite as much as he's often asked for the Nats, I think he'd be really effective. He combines really well. If we locked down both he and Mix, that would be a really compelling pair to help overcome negative feelings. (No, I'm not arguing they are better than Lampard. But they would be so strong and arguably as recognizable to the undecided American who is a newcomer to MLS).

That said, Bedoya has managed his career very well. He may want to stay in Europe for the rest of this cycle.

Last edited:
On Bedoya, courtesy of user "Mario Balotelli" at big soccer.

Named man of the match by Foot Mercato
Courtesy of Google translate:
Man of the match: Bedoya (7): the author of the splendid goal in the Park was not much to his advantage, losing duels early in the game. His assist for Veretout threw in his party and he was then very prominent. Very little waste in possession of the ball, he made the right choice. He may be called the savior after his two saves in quick succession, late in the game. A light for his teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.