Official Vent Thread

idk where to put this. But I'm at work now on a meeting and there's someone named Kwame Awuah. Different guy though, of course. But wow, that's a blast from the recent past.

Al Pacino GIF

• Haha
Reactions: LionNYC
this team loves to do the "transparent brad sims / david lee" interviews when things are going well, and then when things are bleh we hear nothing. meh.
In addition to M moogoo MLS reference, Lee was on the Glen Crooks Sick Podcast a week or 2 ago. Actually found it fairly informative.

Reactions: Shwafta
Hmmm, I guess I must have missed that. What did he talk about on it?
I think the most notable were (a) the absolute surprise of Maxi opting to leave and how much that threw everything into disarray and (b) the intent to replace Taty but the unwillingness to do so at the cost of bad contracts, particularly in a salary capped league.

with leagues cup early elimination and international break soon after... all this time w/o nycfc soccer makes it feel like the off season already.

• Sad
Reactions: JCMore
with leagues cup early elimination and international break soon after... all this time w/o nycfc soccer makes it feel like the off season already.
I hate to break it to you friend, but not making the playoffs means a longer off season too. And the sooner we are eliminated (or all but eliminated) we will see some even more lack luster football. My guess is we won’t see any actual quality NYCFC soccer between now and March 2024. It’s gonna be a LONG off season…

• Sad
Reactions: moogoo
I hate to break it to you friend, but not making the playoffs means a longer off season too. And the sooner we are eliminated (or all but eliminated) we will see some even more lack luster football. My guess is we won’t see any actual quality NYCFC soccer between now and March 2024. It’s gonna be a LONG off season…
Just imagine how long the offseason will feel if (when) we do very little to improve the roster. Get ready for the explanation that we already made our additions this summer with the start of next season in mind.

Just imagine how long the offseason will feel if (when) we do very little to improve the roster. Get ready for the explanation that we already made our additions this summer with the start of next season in mind.

i think they will go after a higher level striker this off season. we definitely could use a backup CB and more proven right and left wing backs. If they think cufre is enough, they are kidding themselves. gray & illenic aren't it right now either. They SHOULD have some money in the bank to get some proven veterans to join the squad in key areas. we have the youth, we need the proven veterans.

Reactions: JCMore
i think they will go after a higher level striker this off season. we definitely could use a backup CB and more proven right and left wing backs. If they think cufre is enough, they are kidding themselves. gray & illenic aren't it right now either. They SHOULD have some money in the bank to get some proven veterans to join the squad in key areas. we have the youth, we need the proven veterans.
This is definitely the optimistic outlook. I support it, but will be surprised if it plays out that way.

Reactions: JCMore and Gene
After the 0-2 vs Minnesota, I feel like we're in pre-pre-season.

• Angry
Reactions: JayH
This is definitely the optimistic outlook. I support it, but will be surprised if it plays out that way.

ha - don't thinkt hem going after a better striker is THAT optimistic? that's the bare minimum i think. everything else is what i think they should do and i won't be surprised if they don't do anything there. but i will be really shocked if they don't get a better striker or maybe work in the off season to play with dual strikers so talles can take part?

30ish years ago I made the worst decision of my life.
Growing up in a household and neighborhood evenly divided by Giants, Jets and Patriots fans, my father told me I had to pick a team and couldn't just keep saying I liked whoever won that day. I chose the Jets. The Patriots or Giants have participated in nearly half the Superbowls since then. Fuck the Jets

30ish years ago I made the worst decision of my life.
Growing up in a household and neighborhood evenly divided by Giants, Jets and Patriots fans, my father told me I had to pick a team and couldn't just keep saying I liked whoever won that day. I chose the Jets. The Patriots or Giants have participated in nearly half the Superbowls since then. Fuck the Jets
IMG_0792.jpeg

I think it was Wednesday evening I told my fiancée how happy I was football was starting because NYCFC stunk this season. Jokes always on us Jet fans

• Haha
Reactions: 413Blue and Kenny
So NY sports are just cursed right now. This is incredible. I think it means we can't even blame Cush, Lee, or CFG for this season. There seem to be greater powers at play (jk).

I'm not even a Jets fan, but I thought to myself, if the GMen are as terrible as they looked, at least I'll catch a dozen or so games on TV with Discount Double check that should be entertaining.

Looks like it's RedZone for me.

I'm a Jets fan and saw this coming a mile away. Never even got hyped for the season. Put a 39yo QB behind a trash OL, keep the trash bust QB as backup and not have a 3rd QB on the roster? LOL. My only slight surprise was that it happened earlier, and was more severe, than even I expected.

This is on the GM.

Reactions: mgarbowski