Official Vent Thread

I'm a Jets fan and saw this coming a mile away. Never even got hyped for the season. Put a 39yo QB behind a trash OL, keep the trash bust QB as backup and not have a 3rd QB on the roster? LOL. My only slight surprise was that it happened earlier, and was more severe, than even I expected.

This is on the GM.
I was expecting either an absolute terrible season with Rodgers being benched, or an incredible 12+ win regular season and loss in first round of playoffs. This caught me by surprise.
Now we'll probably win 12 with Wilson, and still lose in the first round.

Reactions: Kenny
Black And White Disney GIF

If tomorrow's forecast holds, it will be heavy rain 7 out of 8 straight days.

Also this at Carroll and Fourth Avenue Brooklyn.

Yeah my subway station in Brooklyn was ankle deep with water and I had to wait an hour for the train. All in all I’m very later to work. FYI the tunnel between downtown Brooklyn and the Battery is flooded so you’ll have to go over the Manhattan bridge to get to and from. Thankfully my boss is very understanding

There is flooding up here in Bronxville (Southern Westchester). My kids got dismissed from school early because they had flooding on the lower floor.

Bad news for us is that we live next door to the school.

BitingNailsEmoji.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JCMore
There is flooding up here in Bronxville (Southern Westchester). My kids got dismissed from school early because they had flooding on the lower floor.

Bad news for us is that we live next door to the school.

View attachment 13031

Good luck Gotham!

One of the reasons I love that I'm on the side of a hill in a Rivertown -- no water in the house!

Good luck Gotham!

One of the reasons I love that I'm on the side of a hill in a Rivertown -- no water in the house!
Thanks. That's the strange thing about Bronxville. The village has two hills with a valley in between where the school lies. But even the houses in the hills have horrible problems with water in their basements. Apparently, there are a lot of underground springs in the area. We've been informed that a house up the road from us bottled and sold its own spring water 100 years ago or so.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Nobody:
NYCFC: wanna buy some earbuds?

As background, NYCFC sent me an email today trying to sell me earbuds from JLab. It's not co-branded, not thru the NYCFC store, and there's no discount or ticket tie in or anything. It's just a spammy email trying to sell earbuds.

Nobody:
NYCFC: wanna buy some earbuds?

As background, NYCFC sent me an email today trying to sell me earbuds from JLab. It's not co-branded, not thru the NYCFC store, and there's no discount or ticket tie in or anything. It's just a spammy email trying to sell earbuds.
It seems like an NYC thing. I got an email the other day from the Yankees telling me about free coffee Mondays at Dunkin.
Not a Yankee fan exclusive, not available in Bronx only, no Yankee branded cups- but they needed to tell me about the nationwide Dunkin promo.
One of quite a few I've gotten this year.

Reactions: mgarbowski
It seems like an NYC thing. I got an email the other day from the Yankees telling me about free coffee Mondays at Dunkin.
Not a Yankee fan exclusive, not available in Bronx only, no Yankee branded cups- but they needed to tell me about the nationwide Dunkin promo.
One of quite a few I've gotten this year.
JLab is apparently the official earphone of NYCFC, and I guess that's the tie-in, but really that's just a variant of advertising.

JLab is apparently the official earphone of NYCFC, and I guess that's the tie-in, but really that's just a variant of advertising.
It's not advertising, it's cross-branded promotion. C'mon!

The heats not working in either of my work spaces and I’m cold. Told anyone who has any power to fix it about the problem. All I got was a “I’ll take a look.”
Freezing GIF