Onyewu Spotted At Nycfc Training

The guy is made of glass...
Elijah_Price.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert and BxLio91
Did we ever get word what happened/how bad the injury was?

Reactions: Kjbert
Anyone know if there's still a possibility of a deal here? or has the injury thrown a wet towel on it?

Anyone know if there's still a possibility of a deal here? or has the injury thrown a wet towel on it?

I'm not ITK, but my feeling is that if he were going to sign, he'd have done so before the end of his trial.

I'm not ITK, but my feeling is that if he were going to sign, he'd have done so before the end of his trial.
He's injured though, no?
Could we not wait to see how he is after the injury before making a decision?

He's injured though, no?
Could we not wait to see how he is after the injury before making a decision?

To be honest with you, I didn't hear about the injury. I guess he would have to pass a medical, so perhaps.

Is Mena, Tefu, and Gooch too much depth?

Probably not. We might not have any of our current CBs on the roster next year (Facey's a loan, Hernandez is overpriced, KWS sucks). Tefu and Gooch on the pitch with Mena as the young understudy and injury replacement for Gooch seems like a reasonable strategy. Can bring in a fourth young option over the winter if Facey isn't retained.

Probably not. We might not have any of our current CBs on the roster next year (Facey's a loan, Hernandez is overpriced, KWS sucks). Tefu and Gooch on the pitch with Mena as the young understudy and injury replacement for Gooch seems like a reasonable strategy. Can bring in a fourth young option over the winter if Facey isn't retained.
Or more realistically NYCFC will choose between Gooch and Tefu. They'll also use each player as a bargaining tool against the other.

We don't really know if any of the new guys are any good, though. Until we've seen them on the pitch, we could have "too much depth" with no good players.

I think Facey is here for good if he wants to be. I don't see a spot for him at MCFC. If he wants to stay he will. If not, he will end up in the Championship.

Reactions: gbservis