Poku Ready To Leave?

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
According to Eric Wynalda, there is no place in this team for him.

According to Eric Wynalda, there is no place in this team for him.

Please cite this stuff.

And it sounds more like Wynalda is projecting his thoughts onto Poku's.

That said, IF Poku really is unhappy, then he's starting to sound pretty stubborn and uncoachable. Kreis tried 2-3 different systems and Poku at two different positions. Vieira brought another new system. Doesn't seem like the system is the issue, but rather a handful of specific deficiencies in Poku's game (e.g. fitness, positioning, defensive work rate).

Reactions: doctorhoosier
Please cite this stuff.

And it sounds more like Wynalda is projecting his thoughts onto Poku's.

That said, IF Poku really is unhappy, then he's starting to sound pretty stubborn and uncoachable. Kreis tried 2-3 different systems and Poku at two different positions. Vieira brought another new system. Doesn't seem like the system is the issue, but rather a handful of specific deficiencies in Poku's game (e.g. fitness, positioning, defensive work rate).

I told everyone he was going to be moved this summer. I thought Germany.

Wynalda thinks he's headed to California interestingly enough.

Would you trade Poku for Tommy Thompson?

ok so its only because tmac has been a revelation that hes not been starting, mix and pirlo will have international duty, lampard cant play every game so its not like hes never gonna find his way into the starting 11.
Perhaps to start with he will have to make do with being a sub but he will know that he has been poor in pre season, i know he didnt come on against chicago but we were holding on and the 2 players he would have been likely to come on for mix/tmac were the 2 best players for us that game. lopez and bravo came on as they are more defensive minded.
Im sure his form will pick up soon and if he performs he will be back in the starting 11. its only 1 game into the season...

I told everyone he was going to be moved this summer. I thought Germany.

Wynalda thinks he's headed to California interestingly enough.

Again, can you cite these things so we can all see and don't have to go digging for it? I can't find this.

Would you trade Poku for Tommy Thompson?

The only thing I would trade Poku for is a very good MLS centerback. Orlando City has Collin on the bench right now. Someone like that at an absolute minimum.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Again, can you cite these things so we can all see and don't have to go digging for it? I can't find this.

The only thing I would trade Poku for is a very good MLS centerback. Orlando City has Collin on the bench right now. Someone like that at an absolute minimum.

Wynalda has said multiple times on his W.T.F. show that he thinks Poku is headed to California this year.

I don't want Collin. Massively overrated on that salary now. Find someone on LAG or San Jose that you would trade him for. Assume that all of the DPs, Zardes, Cole, De Jong are not available.

There will be plenty of minutes available for Poku. There will be injuries, rest, int'l duty, his improvement, other starters regressing, tactical advantages to starting him some games, tactical advantages to subbing him some games, etc. Depth is crucial, and we have it in some respects, and certainly will need it. It's game 1, I'm not concerned about Poku making an impact.

Wynalda has said multiple times on his W.T.F. show that he thinks Poku is headed to California this year.

I don't want Collin. Massively overrated on that salary now. Find someone on LAG or San Jose that you would trade him for. Assume that all of the DPs, Zardes, Cole, De Jong are not available.

I'm not going to do that because I don't think that's going to happen.

lol look he probably talks to poku all the time but this feels more like him being his agent or something. as others mentioned...he coached him and thinks very highly of him. therefore i take any of his takes of poku with a grain of salt.

EDIT: oh and all of this freaking out after one freaking game...come on.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Sure.

If Poku is traded to a California MLS team on or before July 31, 2016, I will buy you an NYCFC scarf. If not, you buy me a scarf.

Deal?

How about donate tickets to a charity? I have enough scarves now from this club. The ones this year for STH were much nicer thankfully.

How about donate tickets to a charity? I have enough scarves now from this club. The ones this year for STH were much nicer thankfully.

I'm not a STH. Also don't have a scarf, so that's what I was after, lol.

We'll just do bragging rights.