Poku Ready To Leave?

Just looking out for Poku's best interest like any father figure would. He's had practice, been doing it for Harkes's kids for years.
giphy.gif

But they went to Europe after RB, agudelo eventually went, sort of.

Here apparently he is "going to California" who exactly do we get from the Cali teams?

Still amazed people over reacting over one game

You are correct. Jozy and Ream went to Europe. Agudelo's situation was exactly like this. Agudelo had guys front of him like Henry, and some other lesser known folks like Luke Rogers that were performing and he started to get really frustrated, and then we kept hearing how he is unfit, still needs to work on his game, and even Hans Backe made it point to say to the media that he isn't ready and he doesn't want Juan to get a big head etc etc...so like I said, I hope Poku stays. I love his skill set. We have to figure out how to utilize this kid as much as we can.

Reactions: Konrad
I don;t see how he is ever going to get in at CM. He is behind Mix, TMac and Lampard, and possibly Mikey Lopez. He's not even in consideration at CDM. The only spot i see for him is RW, and I think he would be great there.

After the shirt reveal video! This would be Very Heartbreaking to that guy! But on a different note....Hey Josh S when God Tells you where the ball's going......Listen Dkhead!!! Lets Keep Mr Poku and Dump the S**T out of that Sorry Excuse of Goalie!! That's the only way this NY teams ever gonna make it in the city that never sleeps! It's Up To You NY NY!! Dant Dah Din Nah!!

Reactions: Kjbert
Lampard has no value.

Poku has a lot of value to other teams.

Agreed, what I mean is get rid of the valueless player that is probably the one keeping Poku off the field the most. Yeah he didn't play last week and neither did Lampard, but I can see him playing much more often if Lampard wasn't here. I think our best starting mid this year is Poku/Pirlo/Mix. I can see TMac doing just fine on left wing. Either way, we need to get him on the field. He (or his agent) is smart to realize he's going into his prime, and is a sought after commodity. I know he loves the fans, and would probably be down to stay if he can just get playing time. If we let him go now, next year once Lamps is gone, Pirlo has one foot out the door, and Villa is getting there we will probably be looking for another DP striker, possibly a DP CB, and a young mid exactly like Poku. Would be a shame to let him go now when he'd probably start every game next year. #dpcurse

EDIT: just realized we are making all this fuss over a comment from EW. There could be nothing to it - keep calm and #trustVieira

Last edited:
Poku isn't going anywhere. The entire city would have a shit fit if they traded him! The only way I see him ever leaving the club is if he had better opportunities that he just coouldn't get here.

This train just pulled into Overreaction Station. Wynalda is a blowhard and is pissy that his guy Poku wasn't starting last week. However, consider:

-Poku is not going to play CM in a 4-3-3 - he doesn't play enough defense (OR he needs to learn to be one of the 2 shuttlers around Pirlo which will take time)
-Multiple sources have said he was not fit in preseason
-You don't put in Poku as a sub if you want defensive help holding onto a lead, its obvious that Bravo is Vieira's closer (think Chelsea putting in Mikel)

I expect to see Poku as a sub if we are chasing a goal in the second half against TOR. If that is the case and he is not put in the game, then I would start to worry. Maybe PV surprises us and throws the fans a bone by starting him against TOR with the thought to build up a lead and then shut it down.

Poku is pretty much TMac's backup right now in the offensive-minded CM role. He lost the job because TMac can actually play 90 minutes and help defensively. It gets even more crowded when Lampard is back, obviously.

That's not to say that Poku won't get time though. Lampard has battled injuries ever since he arrived. Who knows how many games he will be able to suit up for this year, much less go 90'. Plus, Poku is our best offensive substitution from the bench. We have no backup wingers right now - if we need fresh legs and a goal, the answer is Poku.

Even with the crowded midfield, I can see Poku starting about 1/3rd of games (injuries, midweek games, US Open, and international tournaments) and subbing in another 1/3rd. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

It's great that Poku has someone with clout in his corner, but what a headache that can create if Wynalda goes on the offensive and starts to try to distance Poku from NYCFC for some reason. Not to mention the negativity it can spread within a locker room and an organization.
The bigger problem with Wynalda flying off from the hip is that he's postulated a problem of Poku not playing, but he has yet to offer which player he'd replace with Poku. EW is basing his assumption off of one game this year, a game where the two midfielders Mix and TMac each had a goal & an assist, and the two wingers Taylor & Shelton had goals; Villa and Pirlo being untouchable. So with that in mind, why oh why did EW not say whom should be replaced, except that there's no way he can logically rationalize replacing one of the mentioned players. He's simply stirring the pot to remain relevant as a Pundit.

The bigger problem with Wynalda flying off from the hip is that he's postulated a problem of Poku not playing, but he has yet to offer which player he'd replace with Poku. EW is basing his assumption off of one game this year, a game where the two midfielders Mix and TMac each had a goal & an assist, and the two wingers Taylor & Shelton had goals; Villa and Pirlo being untouchable. So with that in mind, why oh why did EW not say whom should be replaced, except that there's no way he can logically rationalize replacing one of the mentioned players. He's simply stirring the pot to remain relevant as a Pundit.

pundit? lol hes not even that.

Reactions: Ulrich