Poku Ready To Leave?

If Poku is ever going to play a role in Vieira's system, he needs to be in training with us. I don't agree that a loan is appropriate at this time. I'd rather sell him in that case, but I would only do that if we get $1 million or more, so we get the maximum amount of allocation money from the sale. With $650k of free money at our disposal, we could buy one of the best CB's in the league.

I don't think the timing is right for any of this though. If the situation doesn't change in the next few months, maybe something happens during the summer window.

NYCFC has no interest in dealing Poku

NYCFC midfielder Kwadwo Poku became something of a folk hero with the club last season, but he hasn’t played a minute in the first two games this season and wasn’t even in the 18 for NYCFC over the weekend despite being healthy.

I’m told that coach Patrick Vieira wants Poku to improve the tactical and mental sides of his game. Multiple MLS GMs said they would be interested in trading for Poku, but NYCFC sporting director Claudio Reyna was explicit when asked, saying the club has no interest in trading him and isn’t even listening to offers.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/201...rica-olympics-arsene-wenger-kwadwo-poku-nycfc

FS1 right now during UEFA's Champions League pregame they're going to be covering the status of Poku's future. This should be fun...Wynalda.

EDIT: Wahl just said everything from the article. Then Wynalda came in and said it's good the club is training him with the tactics and awareness put players want to play.

Last edited:
PV wants his tactical acumen to improve. Reyna says they won't entertain offers.

That comes from Wahl.

ETA: Wynalda with a more positive take. Says that maybe it's a good thing that he is with a team that wants to be patient with him and improve his tactical awareness.

Well, damn. I wouldn't have had to listen to or look at Wahl if I'd have seen the post a few above. Foiled by my own desire to be first.

FS1 right now during UEFA's Champions League pregame they're going to be covering the status of Poku's future. This should be fun...Wynalda.

EDIT: Wahl just said everything from the article. Then Wynalda came in and said it's good the club is training him with the tactics and awareness put players want to play.
Is that what Harkes said to him back in 1998 when Sampson told him to apologize?

Reactions: Kjbert and Fantazma
Just busting your balls for editing your post to include what I typed just below it. Don't stress.

Eta: or was I?/have I created a paradox that might implode the universe? Your minds are blown. Bahahhahhahaha. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.