Poku Ready To Leave?

Interesting, I don't think anyone brought up this option. Are you thinking a loan to Wilmington (USL)? Another MLS team? International loan?

Loan him to whatever Bundesliga 2 club it was who had interest. Thing is, you may never get him back if there's a buy option. I think he'd take off in B2.

Reactions: Kjbert
Just a thought, PV mentioned that he might play a 3-3-4 maybe as soon as Orlando. Could you slot Poku next to Villa up top?
TT-Villa-Poku-Mendoza
T-Mac-Pirlo-Mix
Matta-Brillant-White
He could play more of the false 9 position supporting behind Villa, play in the midfield more than a usual striker, and have a little less defensive responsiblities. The only issue I see with this is our back line is already pretty strained and would begin to leak even more. But we could get more goals to counteract our crappy defense. And when Poku is gassed, send in Bravo or Mikey to run like hell and protect our lead.
Its definitely an interesting thought. It could probably work. Though with the little defensive cover, I think I would rather see Mena where Matta is and then Matta up at LW. Those 2 wingers are definitely going to have to track back a lot.

Reactions: JCMore
Loan him to whatever Bundesliga 2 club it was who had interest. Thing is, you may never get him back if there's a buy option. I think he'd take off in B2.
The problem is, their transfer window is closed, right? Are there any other leagues out there whose windows are still open?

When is our first game against a Western Conference team? Loan immediately after that game?

I would tend to think that there has been strong communication with a club(s) and he's not dressing due to negotiations. During the 2nd half with Toronto, it felt like the right opportunity to insert Mullins or Poku in, were it last year though...and it maybe it's time to move on from those thoughts. Something must be in the works though.

Anyone want a discount on a brand spanking new 2016 short-sleeved secondary authentic jersey in medium? Yup, #88 Poku. No tags (may have them somewhere) because I wore it around the house for a couple of hours to watch the first game, otherwise unworn. If you are feeling better about his outlook or just want a good price, let me know!

Reactions: Kjbert and NickA
Anyone want a discount on a brand spanking new 2016 short-sleeved secondary authentic jersey in medium? Yup, #88 Poku. No tags (may have them somewhere) because I wore it around the house for a couple of hours to watch the first game, otherwise unworn. If you are feeling better about his outlook or just want a good price, let me know!
Twenty bucks.

Yes, but I bet Poku doesn't put in the defense of TMac and score, assist, and draw a PK in first two games. And I love Poku. Note my avatar and my #88 jersey. But unfortunately, ...

Exactly. And that is why TMac is starting and Poku isn't in the 18. TMac gives a more well rounded midfielder than the battering ram that is the Poku.

Any chance they're finalizing a move across the pond? Everyone is thinking a loan to usl, but what if CFG wants to move him up? Is he not talented enough for a move up? At least when Windows open.

But the man can strike a ball. Makes as sweet a connection as I've ever seen and weights them perfectly.

I think he could play the 10 role when we break out the 2-5-1-2.
I've seen that formation before..... U-7 kids play it all the time with great success..... however which player will be designated to sit and play in the dirt, and which will be chasing butterflies?

Reactions: Kjbert and Konrad
Any chance they're finalizing a move across the pond? Everyone is thinking a loan to usl, but what if CFG wants to move him up? Is he not talented enough for a move up? At least when Windows open.

Can't see that happening. If he was 2-3 years younger than it might have. Bear in mind that as it stands right now he wouldn't qualify for a work permit so he'd have to be loaned out to an EU work permit feeder, and I doubt any club would take that chance on a player who wouldn't be eligible for selection until he was 27. On top of that, if the UK does leave the EU then unless he really takes off in his national team, he's never likely to get that permit.

I'm still going to wait another month or so before getting worried about all this. It feels far too soon to draw any conclusions right now - there are still far too many reasons which could have affected team selection.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYdoesitEZ
On ExtraTime Radio on MLS, they talked about a possible Poku trade. Teams like DC or Philly that just need talent are an option. Also Atlanta United because Poku was comfortable in Georgia with the Atlanta Silverbacks.

I've seen that formation before..... U-7 kids play it all the time with great success..... however which player will be designated to sit and play in the dirt, and which will be chasing butterflies?

Khiry's going to chase butterflies, he'd chase them down...but would let them slip through his fingers.
Pirlo's going to sit in the dirt while the other kids complain that he's sitting down and not running enough.

Interesting, I don't think anyone brought up this option. Are you thinking a loan to Wilmington (USL)? Another MLS team? International loan?

I think another MLS team would be most benifical but as someone else stated it would be tuff watching him play against our own team. Maybe send him down to South America or Wilmington like you said.