Potential Mancity Loanees

Ugh. Yeah, why would a new acquisition need a preseason to get comfortable with his new team?

How are we going to improve our center back situation??? We can't honestly be relying on Ethan White, can we?
Think we need to see the full context. The impression I have from reading the commentary is that we can expect some more players in short order, and then EDS loans would be at the back end, if necessary. I prefer that.

Reactions: FootyLovin
See, for example: "1st thing we've done is strengthen the team & we'll continue to do it for the nxt couple of wks." (sorry, fcked up the tweet credit, sorry to blogger I don't know).

FYI - started a PV presser thread.

seems like they are planning to not have any loanees as starters so unlikely to get the most talented ones that could make the MC first team like barker as they would want them to go somewhere they would start, but i could see 1 of the older eds players joining on loan like glendon who are very unlikely to make it at MC but could become perminant at NYCFC if they are a good fit.

Last edited:
seems like they are planning to not have any loanees as starters so unlikely to get the most talentedones that could make the MC first team like barker as they would want them to go somewhere they would start, but i could see 1 of the older eds players joining on loan like glendon who are very unlikely to make it at MC but could become perminant at NYCFC if they are a good fit.
That could be right. Maybe more Faceys and fewer Angelinos.

I also imagine that part of that comment is around branding as the team tries to shed the "farm club" label. I only put so much stock into it.

Guess we might not be seeing anyone this year until at least Angelino time frame when the EDS season is over.

Reactions: Kjbert
Last night I watched the PV get-together with the TR (great job roxfontaine) and he had some very interesting things to say about the use of the EDS kids. As we already have seen and discussed on here, there is no plan to bring in any of the EDS kids except as a last resort down the road. But what I thought was interesting was PV's suggestion that his focus no longer is on developing the EDS kids but instead on only bringing kids over if it is truly and primarily for the benefit of NYCFC. They would have to be at the point that they are ready to excel here to the benefit of our team, not use the time to try to groom them for future MC endeavors. He also implied that he didn't necessarily think there were any kids who are in a position to offer that right now. (Although he did say he tried with respect to Angelino). He did discuss how beneficial the loans were for Angelino and Shay, and hopes it will be that way for any future loans, but made very clear that loans will not be used as a mechanism solely to get the kids first team work.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2793839/manchester-city-youngsters-could-join-new-york-city-on-loan

New EDS coach Simon Davies sees New York City as potentially a great opportunity to help the development of some of his players.

Asked about sending players to New York, Davies told reporters: "I think Angelino did really well out of it so there's no reason why not.

"It's like every challenge and every loan -- which players and why and where and what is the reason for a certain player to go on loan. There are different reasons for it. It might be technical, tactical, etc -- physical challenges like going to a lower league for a month or two.

"There's no reason why it can't happen in the future. New York is part of the City family and obviously they have Patrick who knows the young players here, which is really beneficial. And I'm sure if he was to call on them at the right time, I can't see why it wouldn't be of massive benefit for the football club and the player."

Among the players who could be set to leave the Etihad Stadium on loan is England under-19 international Patrick Roberts, who was signed from Fulham for £6 million in the summer.

Roberts, who has been linked with loan moves to Celtic and Bournemouth, has made just one Premier League appearance for City as an 86th minute substitute in the 4-1 defeat to Tottenham in September.

Asked about the 18-year-old going out on loan, City boss Manuel Pellegrini said: "We will see what is the best future for him."

Norway under-21 international Bersant Celina, who made his first-team debut for City earlier this month, also revealed he would consider a loan move if he felt it was right for him.

The 19-year-old said: "I want to go on loan to play first-team games but it's important to find the right club. I'm not stressing over it. I wouldn't mind staying here until the summer and maybe then going on loan. We'll see what happens."

There is one player that has slipped my mind and maybe a useful addition to NYCFC. That is Ash Smith Brown. He is 20 and played for England at every youth level up to and including the Under 20 team. He is primarily a full back who can play on the right or left, but has also played in midfield.

I think he needs to try and play at a higher level than the EDS. So if PV wanted to bring someone over, he may be an ideal squad player. At the moment though, I think PV wants to concentrate on recruiting players permanently for the club.

Reactions: Kjbert
There is one player that has slipped my mind and maybe a useful addition to NYCFC. That is Ash Smith Brown. He is 20 and played for England at every youth level up to and including the Under 20 team. He is primarily a full back who can play on the right or left, but has also played in midfield.

I think he needs to try and play at a higher level than the EDS. So if PV wanted to bring someone over, he may be an ideal squad player. At the moment though, I think PV wants to concentrate on recruiting players permanently for the club.
How would you think about him fitting in to the team? RB and LB feels crowded if you assume that Matarrita and Martinez will, between the two of them, hold down LB (I say this knowing very little about Martinez -- perhaps he isn't ready to be a back-up LB yet, but I assume that's what they got him for) and Iraola and Allen take the right.

Could Brown play wide in the midfield? That is still a real need I think, particularly now that reality has set in and Harrison isn't going to be lighting the world on fire from day one.

Thanks for the insight.

How would you think about him fitting in to the team? RB and LB feels crowded if you assume that Matarrita and Martinez will, between the two of them, hold down LB (I say this knowing very little about Martinez -- perhaps he isn't ready to be a back-up LB yet, but I assume that's what they got him for) and Iraola and Allen take the right.

Could Brown play wide in the midfield? That is still a real need I think, particularly now that reality has set in and Harrison isn't going to be lighting the world on fire from day one.

Thanks for the insight.

I would say he would be better suited to holding midfielder.

However, it's always possible he could play wide right. The fact he plays full back shows he can play in a wide position. Although, I would say it may give PV the opportunity to play Iraola wide right.

Reactions: Viewfrom226
I would say he would be better suited to holding midfielder.

However, it's always possible he could play wide right. The fact he plays full back shows he can play in a wide position. Although, I would say it may give PV the opportunity to play Iraola wide right.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm interested in anyone who can hold, and particularly if he can do a bunch of other things too. Sounds interesting.

That could be right. Maybe more Faceys and fewer Angelinos.

I also imagine that part of that comment is around branding as the team tries to shed the "farm club" label. I only put so much stock into it.

The comments i've seen seem to suggest the opposite ie: singing the praises of how Angelino developed after a year in MLS.

The comments i've seen seem to suggest the opposite ie: singing the praises of how Angelino developed after a year in MLS.
Correct on one aspect, the comments from MCFC. However, from other places its going to shout farm club. Not that we care but it might have something to do with the decisions Vieira has made. He himself said he wants to build a team that's going to stay and not have constant turnover from EDS.