Potential Mancity Loanees

Correct on one aspect, the comments from MCFC. However, from other places its going to shout farm club. Not that we care but it might have something to do with the decisions Vieira has made. He himself said he wants to build a team that's going to stay and not have constant turnover from EDS.

That's the downside of the EDS, the turnover. But to plug roster holes (like both Angelino and Facey did last year) it's not the worst option. Especially for a developing team in MLS, with all the roster constraints.

And yeah, couldn't care less what others think about this.

problem is that MCFC want the players they loan to start every week otherwise the loan doesnt really benefit the player. Often when players are loaned to other clubs if they don't start they get recalled after a month or so and try somewhere else

problem is that MCFC want the players they loan to start every week otherwise the loan doesnt really benefit the player. Often when players are loaned to other clubs if they don't start they get recalled after a month or so and try somewhere else
Yup. And while I could see a couple of the loanees able to provide some help here, I don't see any of them being able to be consistent enough starters that MCFC would want.

I think we won't get any until potentially the summer transfer window depending on how injuries shake out.

Patrick Roberts here would be a coup. I would have to imagine his wages are expensive though.

Patrick Roberts here would be a coup. I would have to imagine his wages are expensive though.
Doubt he'd go to MLS.... although in his position he should go anywhere he can to play 1st team football. But again, I think he'd have some options from a higher level, rthere were rumours about a couple of EPL clubs.

Everybody on here is so concerned with the need of signing on permanent basis only... But more than the half of the players have already left the club and most of them did no good for the team... So it's probably better to have Faceys than Wingerts or Alvarezes, right? If one or two players who'd play great and what is important would be acquainted with the current system and phylosophy will move in and out the team each year, why on earth would that make any bad?

Reactions: Kjbert
The loan window closes at the enf of march in England so that tis our hands at least a bit, but I think considering the Facey's sucess, if some players have any agreements with Vieira, they'll follow him and get a loan to NYC instead of lower leagues.

Some EDS players would strength NYC but some of them need a bigger challenge IMO, like Brandon Barker for example. While the others lack the physical power for MLS or are too rough yet. Now when we don't need Smith Brown, who is a good player and I hope to see him playing for a 1st team soon, as well as other good players since their positions have been filled. Sp, I don't exclude african lads, who all play attacking midfielders/forwards, to appear here although they turned out to be even less consstent on their european loans. Yaw Yeboah, Divine Naah, Agyepong or even Donyoh or Bismark Boateng although I think they'll leave the club this summer, may come to NYCFC. On the other side though, Patrick didn't almost work with them in comparison with the european players from EDS, so he may want to bring the ones he put into the starting XI while coaching at MCFC.

Bytyqi has recovered from his injury, Jorge Intima may add us some speed and technic when the others are absent which isn't that rare.

Also, there are some "Angelinos" who are just 18 but who have already showed proper signs.

To be honest, these are very doubtful options but Patrick loves working woth youths and a player he knows won't make bad for the depth and for the team.

Last edited:
The loan window only determines when English clubs can loan players from another club. There's nothing stopping a foreign club with no loan window/a window which ends at a different time from loaning a player from England after it's closed.

Reactions: Kjbert
Angelino was subbed on in City's 4-0 win over Aston Villa in the FA Cup. Angelino is now cap tied to City and will not be returning to New York, ever. It's a sad day.

The loan window only determines when English clubs can loan players from another club. There's nothing stopping a foreign club with no loan window/a window which ends at a different time from loaning a player from England after it's closed.
And you would imagine that it means that NYCFC would have a competition for the loanees from lower-leagues english clubs