Preseason - All Matches

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
As I said last year due to lack of information, viewing opportunities, and just general commentary on our preseason games, the entire preseason will be a single thread.

Preseason Schedule
Wednesday, January 24 - Barcelona SC - IMG Academy (Behind Closed Doors)
Saturday, January 27 - Philadelphia Union - Tampa Bay (Behind Closed Doors)
Wednesday, February 7 at 3 PM ET - San Jose Earthquakes - Coachella Valley Invitational
Saturday, February 10 at 4 PM ET - Portland Timbers - Coachella Valley Invitational
Wednesday, February 14 at 3 PM ET - LA Galaxy - Coachella Valley Invitational
Saturday, February 17 - Austin FC - Austin (Behind Closed Doors)

----------

Looks like our first match is going to be against San Jose on 2/7.

Other matches will be vs Portland and the Galaxy.

Man kinda feel meh about preseason if I can’t watch any games. Is any team doing any broadcasts besides inter Miami

The old 0-1 Cushing special. Good to see our offense is already in mid-season form....I'm kidding I know it's just the start of preseason. But seriously anyone want to bet that he took off an attacker for another DM late game even though we were down?

Breathtaking how much fluff and how few details are in that report.

• Haha
Reactions: moogoo
The old 0-1 Cushing special. Good to see our offense is already in mid-season form....I'm kidding I know it's just the start of preseason. But seriously anyone want to bet that he took off an attacker for another DM late game even though we were down?

what concerns me was "forward Rodriguez" ... is Santi not running the show as the #10?

what concerns me was "forward Rodriguez" ... is Santi not running the show as the #10?

I'm not reading into anything when Wolf, Ojeda, and our new striker aren't with the team yet. The only thing I'm taking out of this game is whether there were no injuries.

I think it's just weird writing in the article. Fernández, Segal and Malachi Jones all started along with Santi. It seems very likely Santi played the 10 and they just called him a forward for some reason in the article. From the listed starters my guess is we lined up like this:

Jones----------Segal------Fernandez
------------------Santi------------------
-------Arroyave---------Sands---------
McFarlane---Haak--Martins--Ilenič
----------------Freese-------------------

If a preseason game was played and no results were announced, can we just call it a joint practice? This is preposterous how little info they'll share about preseason games.