Preseason - All Matches

can see why barazza lost his spot. how many times has he been caught with the ball at his feet cause he couldn't make a decision fast enough? yea i know it's preaseason but this was supposed to be the reason he was drafted in the first place.

I liked Wolf and Jones. They both showed some really fun potential. Talles is in prime Talles form. Fancy footwork, little to show for it. My main take away is the new sleeve sponsor which is much better than the old sponsor, makes everyone look like they are wearing the captain’s arm band C.

I liked Wolf and Jones. They both showed some really fun potential. Talles is in prime Talles form. Fancy footwork, little to show for it. My main take away is the new sleeve sponsor which is much better than the old sponsor, makes everyone look like they are wearing the captain’s arm band C.

Only 30 min but I agree Wolf showed really well. Whenever he had the ball it felt like something good would happen. He seems like the type of player who sees the game well and will help be a catalyst to get some of our offensive link-up play going. Santi did well playing with Wolf next to him, as it gave him another creator to play off and took some pressure off him. Talles just went missing for very long stretches of the game, I will say he did seem to be more engaged in the counter-press than he has been in years past and it helped us press effectively. Bakrar finished most of his chances but missed an easy sitter in a way that brought some flashbacks to frustrating moments at the end of last season.

Sands, Parks and O'Toole looked very much like guys in early preseason form. Slow to close down space, a few dicey passes but generally they just looked like rusty versions of themselves so its not too worrying.

It’s going to be another season of ties. Hope is going down. We’ve had 0 non-defensive mistake, PKs goals in these two games.

It’s going to be another season of ties. Hope is going down. We’ve had 0 non-defensive mistake, PKs goals in these two games.
1) take goals as you get them
2) we are still in preseason and offensive cohesion takes the longest to build/incorporate
3) only 2 of our new signings have actually seen minutes, and one of them has a vaguely low ceiling just due to coming from the draft. We have a lot of potential that just hasn’t gotten to preseason yet. Which is concerning. But I’m 100% not showing any signs of concern yet for the offense

Last edited:
1) take goals as you get them
2) we are still in preseason and offensive cohesion takes the longest to build/incorporate
3) only 2 of our new signings have actually seen minutes, and one of them has a vaguely low ceiling just due to coming from the draft. We have a lot of potential that just hasn’t gotten to preseason yet. Which is concerning. But I’m 100% not showing any signs off concern yet for the offense
4) our starting striker and biggest offseason signing hasn’t even been announced yet and will arrive with little preseason time left

Last year NYCFC scored 2 or more goals in half (3 out of 6) preseason games, then did so in just 4 of the next 19 games that counted.
That’s how much you can project from preseason.
It's amazing how we have the preseason discussion every year yet everyone is still super critical on preseason performances. 🤔

Reactions: ZYanksRule