RBNJ Postmatch

Iraola being subbed on the field just broke down our defense.

We need to finish better. 1) Villa's first attempt 2) McNamara's 2nd shot on goal (that one is a stretch of a finish but I'm including it) 3) Villa's shot in the box before the cooling break 4) Harrison's cross that no blue shirt gets on the end of it

Smart of the Front Office not to have a player of the match post or #askNYCFC post on Twitter...

Reactions: wolfehr
Pirlo is a defensive liability. He had the chance to cut of Kjkestan (however you spell his name) and stop the first NJRB goal but he stopped running and defending right before the pass that put Wright-Phillips in on goal.

His lack of defending could even be used to explain how the center backs got all twisted up allowing BWP so much space. They had to step up to stop Kjlestan, due to Pirlo's lack of defense, and it caused mayhem at the back.

Can someone explain why we are so bad at defending set pieces? NJRB has converted a set piece goal every time they have beaten us.

Brillant is an embarrassment at this level. Feels so fucking futile committing your entire day to this team when they're prepared to put out amateurs like that out there.

I agree with those who have said that we screw this up tactically very time we play them. The tactic today was, 'it's hot. let's sit back all compact, not get hot and tired chasing them around in midfield, just cede the midfield, don't chase them. Then once it is 60 minutes we'll pounce when they are exhausted.' OK well yeah that worked out real well, once it is 3-0 it is hard to come back from that psychologically, and physically. it is the wrong tactic.

Guys, this sucked hard.

Agree that Villa looked like he knew what he was doing in getting that yellow.

White sucked really bad, but the dude got yellows for 1) a clean tackle and 2) completely missing a guy.

The NJ players were diving all over when they got a lead, and we played into it.

You can't sit compact and not have a midfielder that will track the opponent's midfield runs. NJ attack was cross midfield, make pass, wait for CBs to step, run/play ball in behind. So simple, yet we never adjusted. Mix would have helped today.

Zut. Zut. Zut. Zutalors.

Ulrich - stop predicting how we will boss RBNJ, please. You're killing me, Smalls.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Brillant is an embarrassment at this level. Feels so fucking futile committing your entire day to this team when they're prepared to put out amateurs like that out there.

I think Brillant is at his best in a structured back line where he isn't expected to do too much 1 on 1. Unfortunately with Mena going crazy and missing every tackle and White pulling the same on the other side, I felt he was just left to hang out to dry on his own. I like Mena, he just makes way too many mistakes and leaves the rest of the back line to cover for him. We needed to keep a disciplined back 4 and we just didn't do that. Hopefully Chanot is as good as we hope. Maybe Mena can be tried at fullback where I feel being so aggressive is a little more forgivable. They also had no help whatsoever from the midfield defensively. What can I say, Red Bull was better today. At least I felt we at least tried today unlike the 7-0.

I took the mulligan on this one to take the little one to the movies. Looks like I made the right choice.

Let me guess, from not even watching the game but seeing the final score, the following happened:

1. Refereeing was crap and one-sided.

2. RBNY scored on a set piece.

3. Ethan White sucked.

4. NYCFC came out slow, got run over and wilted in the heat.

5. Marsch was a whiny little bitch.

How'd I do?

At the end of the day, went 2-2 on the road, far above MLS average. No longer have a road-heavy schedule. All this will be forgotten if (when) NYCFC gets a result at home and RBNY loses on the road (and Marsch whines and cries again) after the next match.

I don't think we can fix the back line via transfers. It's about shape and Brilliant/Mena/White need to learn the proper shape. That flopper #99 can't be in front of White and behind Brilliant on that first goal. Sacha Littlefinger isn't good enough to slice a real defense but we were not nearly tight enough.

edit: I think it's White's fault for not being in front of 99.

I don't think we can fix the back line via transfers. It's about shape and Brilliant/Mena/White need to learn the proper shape. That flopper #99 can't be in front of White and behind Brilliant on that first goal. Sacha Littlefinger isn't good enough to slice a real defense but we were not nearly tight enough.

edit: I think it's White's fault for not being in front of 99.

white is garbage in RB i saw this with my own eyes last week in montreal....i really dont know why there is no trust with RJ being there....and put martinez in LB....or put hernandez in RB if need be but not white

white is garbage in RB i saw this with my own eyes last week in montreal....i really dont know why there is no trust with RJ being there....and put martinez in LB....or put hernandez in RB if need be but not white
I'm surprised more people aren't on Mena as well. He was letting everything through in the second Derby here. At one point in the early 80s, Lampard pulled Mena off Mena's assignment out of frustration for his lack of marking.

I'm surprised more people aren't on Mena as well. He was letting everything through in the second Derby here. At one point in the early 80s, Lampard pulled Mena off Mena's assignment out of frustration for his lack of marking.

to be fair they were all bad today....but with Mena his one on ones tend to be good....but when he has to cover or zone mark...he gets exposed badly... i dont agree on the second game in YS he was alright and got some key stops....that is probably why PV gave him the start.....honestly well see how the new CB is....i assume mena will be the one to be benched.