RBNY Postgame

At this point it's not rant too much energy drained out of me seeing this live

Shelton garbage ....tried to defend him all year but no man kid doesn't know how to use his body for his advantage.

PV now knows how garbage our defense is. And now knows how much how much this playing from the back sucks. Please no more of this back passing.....now the whole world knows how much we suck at it.

The only positive was Harrison starting but to debut in this game feels like a lack of respect but hey her mom was in supporters section telling how great her son played I thought he did ok

The worst part is that the whole world saw this pathetic display everyone booo the team afterwards for that lack of fight

Last edited:
Reactions: Acupofbeans
I know I keep coming back with addendums, but...this was a "rivalry" prime time game that made it on fox prime time tv. We fucked that up, and realistically set back MLS soccer becoming main stream viewing a tiny tiny amount. If I was a TV executive, I would be pissed. Ok. I'm done. Complaining, not drinking.

#SheltonOut, #MikeyLopezOut

I'm trying to calm the rage.
That was an insult to us all.
New Jersey had all the luck.
But that defending defies description.
Basics. We were clueless from set pieces.
Saunders had a nightmare, but he wasn't alone.

How the f do we come back from this.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
7-0 just doesn't happen in MLS and it only happens in world football when you put a super power (Barça, Real, etc.) against an absolute shit team. This is an embarrassment. Absolute disgrace

Does too. This is the 3rd 7 point win in 20 yrs (one other 7-0 and an 8-1). Of course neither of the losing teams in those matches exist anymore, but...

I'm going for the drink and rewatch it option.
I'm thinking of adding and entire box of velveeta shells and cheese to the mix.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Horrible game. To be honest the roster needs to be overhauled, which won't happen this season. Most of the Defense and Midfield (Frank and Pirlo) needs to go.

I know I keep coming back with addendums, but...this was a "rivalry" prime time game that made it on fox prime time tv. We fucked that up, and realistically set back MLS soccer becoming main stream viewing a tiny tiny amount. If I was a TV executive, I would be pissed. Ok. I'm done. Complaining, not drinking.

#SheltonOut, #MikeyLopezOut
Maybe we win when there is no more national hype

Reactions: Kjbert
That was embarrassing !!!!!! PV needs to make some big changes !

We don't have the talent to play out of the bank period . The fact is that our scum sucking arch rivals are probably the best pressing team in the league. Which makes them the worst possible match up for us .These two things combined lead to things getting fubar quick IMO. I'm on the train back to Connecticut will erase the DVR without watching we've got some real masochists on here if your planning to rewatch even with alcohol

Just got home from the match. Wow, that was awful. We basically had no defense, as others have said. They did their high press against our playing sloppily out of the back and and roasted us. I don't even think Saunders was that bad as it didn't look like there was anything he could've done for most of those.

Two good things though. One was Harrison. Really liked what I saw. Speed, energy, really good. Don't think he got a single hair on his head onto any ball that came near him in the air though but whatevs. The other good thing was that because we were behind by so much Lampard came on, so we got that out of the way in the least possible controversial way possible and that's now behind us.

And the thing with Shelton is that he's really good for one single attempt. What I mean is that he'll do really good things, either on his own with the ball or getting into position without the ball. But he only puts in one effort. There's no second effort, and it feels like the thought of a third or fourth effort has never occurred to him as something that might be possible. Ball goes to the defender on a play? He just stops and cedes control to them. He doesn't seem to harry the defenders and put in that extra effort to get the ball back. So I understand that a lot of people in the thread are saying he's terrible but I don't think that's what it is. I think it's more that he hasn't yet realized he should keep on playing no matter what. If he can learn that he can be very dangerous.

Anyway, it's early and I might watch the match on my DVR. If I can stomach it.

Reactions: Kjbert and BxLio91
Where do you even start with a game like that? Not a single player gets pass marks today - i was too busy laughing to see half the replays so I barely remember the goals, but they all seemed so calamitous, there was no skill from NJRB even needed.

No heart, no fight, no organization, no desire, no passing, no movement, lack of energy.

Booing Frank Lampard was fun and my Red Bull supporting mate had a whale of a time, so i'm going to forget this game ever happened and never mention it again.

I'm beyond embarrassed to be a NYCFC fan tonight.

No competent team should lose 7-0. Let alone at home. Let alone in a local derby, the biggest match of the season.

Saunders, incompetent. The entire back four, pathetic. I hope the Matarrita circle-jerk can take a couple of weeks off, because he was abysmal today. As I feared at the start of the season, Brillant is painfully short of the quality you should expect at this level. How much are we paying him again? Lopez is a headless chicken, perpetually chasing a game he will never be talented enough to grasp. Pirlo is a brilliant luxury we simply cannot afford to carry. Shelton is a shell of a player - if he's not prepared to run at players, or capable enough to make any use of the ball in the final third, there's literally no point in having him on the team. Villa - god, I love you David Villa - but, my god, could there be a worse player to have leading your team when you're being hammered like we were today? As my friend said to me today, this is presumably the first time that Villa and our 'galacticos' have ever been on the end of a 7-0 defeat.

I am eternally grateful for the inexplicable tone-deafness of Vieira (and the stadium announcer!) for having the gall to introduce "Super" Frank Lampard into the game today. Booing him was the undisputed highlight of my afternoon, and we only conceded two goals while he was on the field. Thank you for all that you do, Super Frank.

Jack Harrison looks like he has the potential to be the most exciting player to sign for this club since Villa.

Biggest question for tonight: If you don't remove certain members of the playing staff, or the management, or the front office after a result like today - when would you do it?

It was all downhill after the tifo. Credit to those who worked on it, well done.

A fan on metro north told me he felt this was the best thing that could have happened to the team, a wake up call after undeserved results from lousy play. I'd be more inclined to agree if I could count the problems on one hand. He also felt he best part of the game was TMacs tackle on McCarty, sad to say it may well have been.

Half the reason I report these secondhand observations is in case that guy is on here and I can report my first nycfcforums sighting in the wild.

I invited my cousin to this match. He's a big soccer fan. Tottenham is his team, not much interest in MLS but he follows. He left after the 55'. He has a two year old child, so he didn't need to see the rest of the bleeding.

- They gave Pitchside seat ticket holders the "Our City" shirt. I, of course, found this out after buying one and the 161st street shirt from the team store. So, I have two shirt and don't feel like wearing them anytime soon.
- The ref, Chris Penso, did not manage this game well at all. Watching the tapping of the game, Sam put his studs into Pirlo and no card was given. This was when Pirlo was down. Many incidents were Red Bull should have gotten yellows. Fuck this guy.
- Jack Harrison looks promising.
- Lopez is suspended so we'll hopefully see that Bravo, Pirlo, Mix midfield, hopefully...
- Lampard...hmm...
- I'm still #TeamEirik #StartEirik #BenchSaunders
- I was yelling at most points during the game but quiet for the rest of it. Some guy who sits a section over came forward and when a Red Bull player was down threw water at him (not the bottle, water). This crossed the line. It was in the 92' but still don't be ass even down 7-0.

I'm rather emotionless after this. Don't really feel anything. The Red Bulls just outplayed us, out tactics us (playing out of the back vs. high press), out everything-ed us. They're not doing the chalk talks (pre-game tactics meeting with an assistant coach for the Orlando match), that should be interesting).

Conference standings are points, wins, goal differential, goals for, disciplinary points. With this result, we're still a point over the Red Bulls with the same amount of games played. But, they have one more win of us. And more importantly, that third tiebreaker is completely show now. Red Bull moved from -6 to +1 and we moved from +1 to -6.