Revs Postmatch

This weeks seems particularly bad for MLS referees. In regards to this game and the foul we were all talking about Borg things that Bravo doesn't deserve a red, a yellow, or even a foul called on him. However Koffie should have received his second yellow card. That would have given us a man advantage with 5 minutes plus stoppage time.

DisCo should rescind this card by all means or else fuck MLS.

I really enjoy these longer Behind the Scenes videos. They used to be around 8-12 minutes, now they're 17-20 minutes. A few interesting things to note: they're selling those dope white jackets hard. And I'm buying one. The second point is that Vieira talked about how we aren't aggressive enough. He's mentioned this many times when we've lost in the way we've lost similar to this match. From this video you watch them walk from the locker room all the way to the field for the national anthem. I don't think New England is different from other arenas (well NFL stadiums are larger) but it's a long, long walk and then our players particular are hounded for autographs and handshakes with the kids and crowds as they progress to the field.

I've seen the Tunnel Cam that Man City has and the kids don't ask for autographs (typically) and are usually quiet when the players are walking with them onto the field. Moreover, they're aren't tens of fans surrounding the walk up to the pitch.

Obviously a player isn't going to forget the tactics and game plan by interacting with these kids/people but it may alter their edge that Vieira wants to see from his players for 90 minutes.

Now Jay Heaps is complaining about playing Saturday night and then again for the USOC Cup on Tuesday night. He is a moron for not managing to maximize his chances of winning hardware.

Now Jay Heaps is complaining about playing Saturday night and then again for the USOC Cup on Tuesday night. He is a moron for not managing to maximize his chances of winning hardware.
Yeah, we all saw that coming weeks in advance and we're armchair experts - you'd think he would have figured it out before now since complaining after the fact does nothing; do it earlier and maybe MLS shifts a game like they do in the EPL.

He rolled the dice and lost. It happens. He just needs to be a big boy about it and not the second coming of Marsch.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and Sabo
DisCo should rescind this card by all means or else fuck MLS.

We used our two appeals on the Vieira/Chanot suspensions. Where does that leave us with the Disciplinary Committee? Can they sua sponte review? Or are we out of luck?

The rules say they may review where the referee sees the incident and issues a red card, but will review where the referee didn't see the incident and no card issued. To me that sounds like, if you get a card you can use one of your appeals to have it reviewed. Or if no card was issued b/c ref didn't see it, DisCo will always review and may impose a penalty

DisCo is a kangaroo court. They see what they want to see. Rescinding Bravo's is a no-brainer to anybody that believes in fair play and the spirit of the game.

Reactions: LionNYC
DisCo is a kangaroo court. They see what they want to see. Rescinding Bravo's is a no-brainer to anybody that believes in fair play and the spirit of the game.

They updated the disciplinary report page and Bravo is out. My earlier point was that, unless I am incorrectly reading the rules (and I very well may be), DisCo had no authority to review, let alone set aside, the red card for Bravo because we already used up our two opportunities to appeal

Reactions: gbservis
They updated the disciplinary report page and Bravo is out. My earlier point was that, unless I am incorrectly reading the rules (and I very well may be), DisCo had no authority to review, let alone set aside, the red card for Bravo because we already used up our two opportunities to appeal

If I was sitting on the DisCo I would have used the mistaken identity claim. The referee mistaken Bravo as the individual who made the tackle. Koffie was the one who actually made the challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: danger and Ulrich
I'm not sure about the fine print of the rules regarding DisCo's authority, but if the Spirit of the Game is to punish those that weren't caught by the referee (which they do), then the Spirit of the Game should be that they review every Card and rescind those that were incorrectly awarded. Their role should not simply be to penalize unless a team uses a limited supply of challenges - they should be keeping the game clean of reckless play on the field by both players and referees.

If we ever get that ref again, I'd be content with one of our guys teeing up to make a long pass and slicing it into the ref's face from 5yrds away - he's part of the playing field.

Reactions: danger
I'm not sure about the fine print of the rules regarding DisCo's authority, but if the Spirit of the Game is to punish those that weren't caught by the referee (which they do), then the Spirit of the Game should be that they review every Card and rescind those that were incorrectly awarded. Their role should not simply be to penalize unless a team uses a limited supply of challenges - they should be keeping the game clean of reckless play on the field by both players and referees.

If we ever get that ref again, I'd be content with one of our guys teeing up to make a long pass and slicing it into the ref's face from 5yrds away - he's part of the playing field.
I get what you're saying, but it would have to be reduced, IMO, to decisions that are straight reds. Reviewing every yellow would be a bit tenuous and highly subjective (not that reviewing straight reds wouldn't be subjective).

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I get what you're saying, but it would have to be reduced, IMO, to decisions that are straight reds. Reviewing every yellow would be a bit tenuous and highly subjective (not that reviewing straight reds wouldn't be subjective).
How about reviewing send offs?

Reactions: gbservis
That's what I'm saying. Review straight reds automatically, I'm cool with that.

Send offs due to two yellows I wouldn't.
I would. Something that impacts the current and future game because of a red, either strait or via two yellows should be looked at. How many extra reviews is that a week, a handful?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I would. Something that impacts the current and future game because of a red, either strait or via two yellows should be looked at. How many extra reviews is that a week, a handful?
But which yellow do you look at? The first or the second? Or both?

Why don't you look at the other yellows throughout the game as they could have had an impact on the way particular players approach tackles, 50/50 balls, etc. Other yellows have an impact on yellow-card accumulation that could lead to suspension, etc.

If they decided to review send-offs due to two yellows, it cannot just stop there.

Again, I'm cool with them automatically reviewing straight reds. I think the review of any yellow card would be way too much, and ultimately potentially open the league to other potential implications.

Heaps is an idiot for not resting any players when they had a game three days later on the road for a trophy.

I could not believe that the Revs didn't rest anyone. And now they've blown their chance for a trophy so they could (maybe) beat NYCFC and make the playoffs. Dallas should send Heaps a fruit basket. Stupid managing.

But which yellow do you look at? The first or the second? Or both?

Why don't you look at the other yellows throughout the game as they could have had an impact on the way particular players approach tackles, 50/50 balls, etc. Other yellows have an impact on yellow-card accumulation that could lead to suspension, etc.

If they decided to review send-offs due to two yellows, it cannot just stop there.

Again, I'm cool with them automatically reviewing straight reds. I think the review of any yellow card would be way too much, and ultimately potentially open the league to other potential implications.
You look at all reds and second yellows, and here's why. Those are the fouls that lead to a double penalty - the loss of a player in that game and the suspension for the next game. You can't change the impact on game #1, but a player unjustly removed from the second game is an extra unfair outcome when it can easily be reviewed.