RSL Postmatch

What a dominant performance. One of the best games I’ve seen us play.
Tons of missed chances on top of the 4 goals we scored. Could of been 8 or more if Villa wasn’t rusty and Moralez wasn’t selfish.

My only negative was SJ’s distribution. He seems to boot the ball dowfield with zero idea of where it will drop.

1-0

2-0

3-0
4-0
This MLS tweet has the rear angle:

I could watch that all day. Does this guy have nerve endings? Rimando looks at it like he dare not interfere with beauty.

We are really, really, really good.

What a performance.

By the way, did anyone notice the ridiculous move Matarrita made on the far sideline to set up Ofori's goal? He flipped the ball over the opponent, chased it down, gave it to Medina, who got it to Maxi. That move by Matarrita was INSANE. If you haven't seen it, find it somehow.

Great to see Berget get one. His first touch was still a little awkward, but he makes up for it with his excellent positioning. Always knows where to be.

Good luck to Vieira trying to pick an XI on Sunday -- there's a lot of guys who deserve to be on the pitch against Atlanta. What a team we have this year.
That buildup was a thing of beauty. I loved how Maxi was tiptoing with the defender to stay onside, then after Medina made the pass, turned on the Jets to blow by the oblivious defender and hug that endline... A thing of beauty!

You know those frustrating games where you'd seat your team was playing a man down, but they're not?

No? Then you're definitely not an RSL fan..

Bravo!

I have no problem with it. More flattered. Keep it up.

giphy.gif

Not to take a happy thread to a dark place but there was an immense police presence last night, mostly the AT unit and more dogs than I have ever seen. The most peculiar thing was the woman checking bracelets at the Mohegan Club or the fly our planes lounge or whatever it is called now had a holstered gun. And next to her was another bomb sniffing black lab. It was a little spooky. Any word on why?

This game put to rest any doubts about the team going into the season. What happens if Villa goes down? (3-0-1). Can NYCFC get production from the wings like we did the first half of 2017? (Isi, Medina).

My only question about Berget after watching him before this game was whether he could finish. He can. I would rather have him start up top than RSL's Luis Silva.

The squad is so competitive that 5-6 spots have no clear front runner. If you miss a game for international duty or get the flu, someone else can be taking your starting spot away from you.

There is room for improvement. There was nobody making a late run from 18-22 yards out too often leaving empty space in front of the goal where someone should be open for a high percentage shot. If Maxi is out wide Ring/Ofori or Herrera needs to step up into that sweet spot.

I was looking forward to comparing this game to the RSL-Toronto game a couple weeks ago. Biggest difference was we never took our foot of the gas.

We aren't expected to beat Atlanta Sunday. When we pull it out we will be the odds on favorite for the Supporters Shield.

I sit with 2 anti terror police officers. They weren't worried so I wouldn't be if I was you.
I do appreciate their service. Even the 75 year old undercover grandmother flashing the steel.

Beautiful footy last night, that was a pleasure to watch. Glad to see we have depth players that can actually play.

Side note, I feel so bad for Rusnak. He's alone on an island when it comes to skill level vs. the rest of his team. I think at the end of the game last night he almost managed to fake out at least 2-3 defenders, and made Ring look foolish with a fake shot/shimmy.

Also, the alternate kits looked awesome on the pitch. So fucking pleased!!

Beautiful footy last night, that was a pleasure to watch. Glad to see we have depth players that can actually play.

Also, the alternate kits looked awesome on the pitch. So fucking pleased!!
Yeah, the kits looked great on the field! caveat being that even the hypno-kits looked great on the field, but these were at a different level.

My guys aren't 75...
Yeah - didn't mean it that way. All of those guys are awesome. The woman at the door wasn't a cop, just a stadium employee (who seriously was post 65) who for some reason had a gun.

Reactions: Kjbert