Season Tickets

My bullshit detector is on high alert after reading that a ticket rep said this.
They are still advertised as "Founding Member" seats, which entitles the holder to a lifetime discount level, among other benefits. 10 years from now, he will still be paying less for those seats than someone who signs up for next season. Not to mention a little boost in seniority.

Reactions: FootyLovin
How do people like in the 100s in front of the bleachers like it? I have bleacher tickets this year and am thinking about making the move down.

How do people like in the 100s in front of the bleachers like it? I have bleacher tickets this year and am thinking about making the move down.

They're great! I'm in the first row of 136 and our section stands the whole game. The atmosphere is amazing because the SGs are right behind us and the fans in our sections get into the game as well.

a friend just bought tix for 238 - $160 for the remaining (not including NYRB)

They are still advertised as "Founding Member" seats, which entitles the holder to a lifetime discount level, among other benefits. 10 years from now, he will still be paying less for those seats than someone who signs up for next season. Not to mention a little boost in seniority.

I don't believe that for one second.

Didn't they also promise some benefit to the first 3000 STHs that ended up accruing to everyone who purchased tickets this year?

I don't believe that for one second.

Didn't they also promise some benefit to the first 3000 STHs that ended up accruing to everyone who purchased tickets this year?
It now seems that all the first 3k got was the scarf with our names on it. Everything else seems to be available for anyone who buys a ST package halfway through the season.

I'm also wondering though, will future STHs not get any discount off the one game price, or will they get a discount but just less than the founders get?

It now seems that all the first 3k got was the scarf with our names on it. Everything else seems to be available for anyone who buys a ST package halfway through the season.
Pretty sure that's true. I wasn't in the first 3000 and I have the same scarf except it doesn't have the names on it. I did get in early enough for the "founders wall" though, so I suppose my name will be on that, so a benefit that newer founders won't get. Until we get our own stadium, in which case they can add everyone's names to the new wall in a few years. Or perhaps more than a few.

Reactions: thesauerchise
Where are your seats?
226/7/11. My preferred section is 225, but this was close enough!

As a total season ticket n00b (I've never had season tickets to anything before), I do have some questions for this august assembly.

• I only have one season ticket, so what's the best way of trying to snap up adjacent seats if a friend wants to come along? Should I look at the tickets for sale on the season ticket exchange first?
  • What's the protocol for attempting to get an adjacent season ticket? Should I ask the people sitting there if they're ST holders and to keep me in mind if they want to sell? I know re-up / upgrade time is coming so it's possible the seats will just open up anyway.
  • During re-up time, if STs become available in my preferred section and I want to switch/upgrade, do I maintain my (dubious) Founding Member status if I switch my seats?
  • Cityzens: I've attempted to log in to the Cityzens account thing with both the email address / password I use to manage my tickets and the account number on the receipt but it wouldn't log me in. Does it just take some time? Am I doing something wrong? Is it just because today is Sunday?

As Vito Vito said section 136 rocks. I'm in second row there all the way over toward the bullpens. Hearing the SS in full voice. Standing the whole time. And also on top of the action. Love love love it!!

As a total season ticket n00b (I've never had season tickets to anything before), I do have some questions for this august assembly.

• I only have one season ticket, so what's the best way of trying to snap up adjacent seats if a friend wants to come along? Should I look at the tickets for sale on the season ticket exchange first?
  • What's the protocol for attempting to get an adjacent season ticket? Should I ask the people sitting there if they're ST holders and to keep me in mind if they want to sell? I know re-up / upgrade time is coming so it's possible the seats will just open up anyway.
  • During re-up time, if STs become available in my preferred section and I want to switch/upgrade, do I maintain my (dubious) Founding Member status if I switch my seats?
  • Cityzens: I've attempted to log in to the Cityzens account thing with both the email address / password I use to manage my tickets and the account number on the receipt but it wouldn't log me in. Does it just take some time? Am I doing something wrong? Is it just because today is Sunday?
Sort of depends on your section. If there's usually empty seats you could probably find a ticket for your section and then just sit together. If it's totally full all the time you might be better off selling your seat for that match and then buying two together. Also, if you make friends with your section-mates you'll probably be able to make arrangements or trade seats with them. It should work out.

As to Cityzens, that could easily take a few days, or even as long as a week. Might be faster now than it was at the beginning of the season though since they're not dealing with a huge rush of thousands of new ticket holders.

Seth Seth answered some. I'll try to fill in some of the others. I'm pretty certain that your FOunding status will remain regardless of whether you change, move or upgrade seats. However, if you add tickets later, those will not have founding perks associated with them.
Like Seth mentioned, asking your neighbors is probably a good way to try to get nearby seats on a game-by-game basis, but for next year there is a fixed process. First all STHs have to commit to renew. At the same time they ask who is interested in a move. That does not require a commitment. IOW you can say you're interested in moving but if there's nothing better you like you can always stay in your current seat(s). Then the folks who said they're interested in a move/upgrade get to pick what's available in the order of their original purchase.
I don't think your nearby section mates can transfer their seats to your unless maybe they transferred their entire account.

I'm debating whether to try to get a second seat with the season pass I have in 236 (if available, easier since it's bleachers) but so far I've had pretty good success finding tickets on the exchange when I bring someone along. Even for big games like today's derby I was able to find one for $40 (though there were a lot listed for $75-$100)

Cityzens will take some time, the back-end of it is done manually and managed out of Manchester. I got my ST on the day before a game and contacted our fan services later on to get credit for the game I went to before I had season cards.

Reactions: Keith Putnam
The club just sent out an email saying they're releasing 750 more season tickets now that Lampard and Iraola are debuting.

They opened up more sections behind home plate (in Legends and Field MVP) for the Red Bull match. They're terrible views for soccer.