Shay Facey Loan Extended To 2018 ... Or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't QPR pay for part of his salary or something like that? He only appeared in 7 games for Toronto before the loan was ended. And QPR went down to the Championship so they couldn't afford his weekly wages or something like that
Well that was my point. As I understand it, MLS cap reflects the full loanees salary not subsidized by mother club. So unless QPR was paying part of his wages then he should have been a DP which TFC had none open at the time. Maybe TFC only paid 7 games worth so he was just paid for that.

Reactions: Vito
Yes loanees wage hits the cap 100%, but there is no hit on the non-existent transfer. I believe it violates MLS rules for the loaning club to still pay a player so the hit is less on MLS club. Although I'm still trying to figure out how Toronto had Julio Cesar for a few months last season.

The "only 4 loans" rule I believe is a NYCFC/ManCity rule. I'm not sure if it's MLS driven.
Has to do with MCFC and NYCFC being linked via CFG - because of that, NYCFC is on the hook for entire amount of salary during loan. Toronto isn't affiliated with Cesar's old club, so they can get him for a very nominal amount (with old club picking up the balance). It's a loophole-closer to keep MCFC from loaning NYCFC a star player for an absolutely negligible cap hit.

Reactions: BxLio91
Has to do with MCFC and NYCFC being linked via CFG - because of that, NYCFC is on the hook for entire amount of salary during loan. Toronto isn't affiliated with Cesar's old club, so they can get him for a very nominal amount (with old club picking up the balance). It's a loophole-closer to keep MCFC from loaning NYCFC a star player for an absolutely negligible cap hit.
I've never heard that there was a loophole for non- related clubs. So Chelsea could loan Orlando Falcao for $60k a year?

I've never heard that there was a loophole for non- related clubs. So Chelsea could loan Orlando Falcao for $60k a year?
I'm sure there is some extra wording in there to keep that type of loan from happening - especially since MLS ultimately structures/allows the agreement & not solely the club. I wouldn't be surprised if the disparity between what the Loaning club vs the Receiving club pays can actually be rather wide. But how many neutral clubs are going to want to be highly altruistic and carry a salary of a high-priced star (or in this case a star flaming-out)? Chelsea would still have Falcao's numbers on their books which hurts them in FFP.

Well, however this works out someone is going to look like an idiot - either Crooks or MC. I can see MC fucking up by jumping the gun on the NYCFC part, but if he was never intended to be brought back here then that's a much bigger fuck up. Par for the course either way, I guess...

Perhaps the best way to find out what's going on is to ask Shay himself. I'll let you know if he sends me an answer to the tweet I just sent. :cool:

Reactions: Kjbert
Well, however this works out someone is going to look like an idiot - either Crooks or MC. I can see MC fucking up by jumping the gun on the NYCFC part, but if he was never intended to be brought back here then that's a much bigger fuck up. Par for the course either way, I guess...
If I had to bet my money is on Crooks that fucking guy is such an idiot and is consistently very very wrong. He's not a reporter but likes to play one on twitter.

This is MLS - if Orlando could get Falcao for 60K a year, MLS would find a way to make that happen twice.
I've watched MLS for a long time and I get why people are jaded on rules and changes, but I'm not a believer in MLS is "just making it up". Sure MLS changes their own rules often, but I believe there is a method and there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes that we are just not aware of like most entertainment options. When they say that loanees salary all counts towards the cap I believe it. Except for maybe Julio Cesar at TFC its applied across the board. And even then I think we quickly already found an answer to how it's possible.

I don't think MLS makes up rules for LA or Orlando or us, I think organizations like ours are pushing boundaries and MLS accommodates or doesn't. It's fans from Philly or Ohio or Colorado that complain about MLS bending the rules to favor LA. Not us. We're bleeding edge.

I've watched MLS for a long time and I get why people are jaded on rules and changes, but I'm not a believer in MLS is "just making it up". Sure MLS changes their own rules often, but I believe there is a method and there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes that we are just not aware of like most entertainment options. When they say that loanees salary all counts towards the cap I believe it. Except for maybe Julio Cesar at TFC its applied across the board. And even then I think we quickly already found an answer to how it's possible.

I don't think MLS makes up rules for LA or Orlando or us, I think organizations like ours are pushing boundaries and MLS accommodates or doesn't. It's fans from Philly or Ohio or Colorado that complain about MLS bending the rules to favor LA. Not us. We're bleeding edge.
Wait, Colorado and philly have fans?

Yes. Even Tampa Bay Mutiny and Chivas USA had fans too, so take that for what it's worth.
Chivas had fans solely based on its relationship with Guadalajara; which is one of the most popular clubs in Mexican soccer. It didn't hurt that the club was located in LA; an area that has a huge Mexican population.

I wasn't even aware that Tampa Bay had a team at one point.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.