Shay Facey Loan Extended To 2018 ... Or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Twitter-ratzi claim otherwise.

I do Twitter but I don't go around on there giving info because I have not only the club that follow me but plenty of City staff. I was told this by a respected journalist friend of mine who is close to City and i'm not one to just throw random things out there for the sake of things because there's too many clowns out there on Twitter and other social media that do that and know nothing.

In my opinion once Paddy settles in he will already know who he want's ( player wise ) to join him for a season long loan aswell as Shay who I know loved his loan period with NYCFC and wants to come back for another season.

Really hope he's back. If he's not wish him the best of luck. He was one of our best non DP players last season.

Reactions: Kjbert
I've never heard that there was a loophole for non- related clubs. So Chelsea could loan Orlando Falcao for $60k a year?
It's not a loophole, it's how it works and yes, QPR took on the lion's share of Julio Cesar's salary while he was at TFC.

MLS will bend/make-up rules when it benefits the league as a whole. No denying that but this, loans counting toward the cap thing, is not a case of that. This has been a thing since Chivas came along in 2005.

Your so 2011. Their Twitter Polls now. It's all the rage with the millenial hipsters.
Dude, I'm so 2001. I can't keep up. Just give me a lineup laden with 90s born players and I'm happy. Even if they suck, I'm an easy sell for the future.

Eta:
And it's *you're*

Don't you go trying to kill off a perfectly good message board rivalry based on NYC opinions. We have like - well, we have this one. So gaddammit don't stop owning your arrogance now!

We did just dump a couple of our defenders and mids. It only makes sense to bring him back. Or if not him probably another defender or two.
Don't think Shay proved as much as he would of liked his first year. Having his old coach back he might want to return as well to give it another run. Wouldn't be surprised if he loved the city as well.

We did just dump a couple of our defenders and mids. It only makes sense to bring him back. Or if not him probably another defender or two.
Don't think Shay proved as much as he would of liked his first year. Having his old coach back he might want to return as well to give it another run. Wouldn't be surprised if he loved the city as well.
We are lovable.

I just really don't know what MCFC will be expecting out of Facey. Unless their hopes are to send him to a lower-level club in Spain, Germany or the Championship, he's not going to be a difference-maker on their first team. Unless there are some issues with being away from home from Shay, CFG should realize that, through watching him this season, MLS is probably going to be nearest to his talent threshold, if that makes any sense. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up, but maybe he didn't like being far from home, even if he'd make a good career in MLS.

From my understanding Shay will be returning to NYCFC for the 2016 season

He's said that he is coming, then CFG is going to ask him to change his mind and he's going to stay with EDS until the end of the PL season. He'll then show up mid-season and get injured, and probably play 6-10 games at most.
Nah, what am I thinking, this could never happen.

And yeah, he's going to also say he's going to bring the beer to the party but then only show up at the very end.

I can't wait until its announced that he's coming back and we can all bash Crooks for being a fucking idiot AGAIN. I love to hate that guy he is so full of shit and just a wanna be journalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.