San_Francisco_(Evening).jpg

I love a good skyline.

You know what's a really underrated city in America? San Francisco

San-Francisco-21310.jpg

San_Francisco_CA.289211616_std%5B1%5D.jpg

san_francisco.jpg

San-Francisco-21314.jpg

San_Francisco_(Evening).jpg
I agree 100% I just moved to NYC from San Francisco after living there for the last ten years. It is one of the most beautiful cities you will ever go to. I always urge people that are going to California to go to SF instead of the more popular Los Angeles. Trust me. You will be completely disappointed in LA if you decide to go there. Hollywood does an amazing job of making themselves look good, when in reality, it's pretty terrible. I might be a BIT biased, you know, the whole NorCal/SoCal/ rivalry haha

The great thing about SF is that it is close to everyone. Short drive to the beach, the redwoods, the snow, wine country. The surrounding area is beautiful. I grew up in the Bay Area and will definitely return someday to start a family.

You know who else has a surprisingly good skyline? Pittsburgh. You think of coal and steel mines and ugly things like that when you think of Pittsburgh but then:

incline-large.jpg

pittsburgh_panorama1.jpg

city.jpg

Reactions: BxLio91
Which do you like more mgarbowski, the old New York skyline or the modern skyline?

New York in the 20s (30s?)
n44_0wpa549d.jpg

NY in the 40s
black,,,white,fourties,new,york,skyline-16bd1ca2f6129d450b03b959aa0e59a4_h.jpg

Reactions: einwindir
Breathtaking from the view or the stench?
Seriously, the view. The Pittsburgh airport is far from the city. It takes forever and an expensive cab ride to get there, and you can't see how close the city is because of the mountains. At night you just see this glow. Then you finally enter a tunnel and when you get out you get right on a bridge and the city is right in front of you.

Which do you like more mgarbowski, the old New York skyline or the modern skyline?

I'd love to go back in time and photograph NYC from street level - all the old signs and architecture would be awesome. The skyline itself is great from any era, and I love that it is always changing.
And I wouldn't want to live in the past - just visit for a week or so.

My god, London is chaotic! Buildings just placed anywhere.

Must be confusing as hell.

Last edited:
I agree 100% I just moved to NYC from San Francisco after living there for the last ten years. It is one of the most beautiful cities you will ever go to. I always urge people that are going to California to go to SF instead of the more popular Los Angeles. Trust me. You will be completely disappointed in LA if you decide to go there. Hollywood does an amazing job of making themselves look good, when in reality, it's pretty terrible. I might be a BIT biased, you know, the whole NorCal/SoCal/ rivalry haha

The great thing about SF is that it is close to everyone. Short drive to the beach, the redwoods, the snow, wine country. The surrounding area is beautiful. I grew up in the Bay Area and will definitely return someday to start a family.
I just today received an internship offer that will send me to SF for 10 weeks this summer. I'm seriously considering taking it, and if its anything like you say it is then it should be an easy decision to make ;)

Reactions: SFphoto
I just today received an internship offer that will send me to SF for 10 weeks this summer. I'm seriously considering taking it, and if its anything like you say it is then it should be an easy decision to make ;)
Awesome! The Bay Area really is that awesome. If you have never been to California and have this opportunity, you should totally do it. A couple of things to keep in mind, though; The housing market in the Bay is crazy right now. So finding affordable housing can be very difficult. I hope it's a paid internship haha. Also, summer in San Francisco is actually not great weather wise. The Bay Area as a whole is hot and beautiful, but for some reason, San Francisco itself stays foggy for a large part of the summer.

That said, it would be an amazing experience in a really wonderful part of the country!

Awesome! The Bay Area really is that awesome. If you have never been to California and have this opportunity, you should totally do it. A couple of things to keep in mind, though; The housing market in the Bay is crazy right now. So finding affordable housing can be very difficult. I hope it's a paid internship haha. Also, summer in San Francisco is actually not great weather wise. The Bay Area as a whole is hot and beautiful, but for some reason, San Francisco itself stays foggy for a large part of the summer.

That said, it would be an amazing experience in a really wonderful part of the country!
Thanks man! It's an awesome gig actually, 10 paid weeks at $24/h and free housing! Very excited but not sure I want to give up my summer yet!