Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I care about your fan club, not the team. You are the little brother successor to the Borough Boys, and I want you guys to get this right. Have you met with Randy Levine yet? Soriano? Aren't you pissed that Levine offered up a non NYC site? Are you going to tell him so?

Reactions: einwindir
I don't have ANY worry that the stadium will be built outside of the 5 boroughs. $$$$$ can buy ANYTHING and we have two of the richest owners in sports in the ENTIRE WORLD.

20$ says hes a politician trying to "help" us
This is definitely some tin foil hat type shit but from his very first post I got that feeling. Either way, I like when he pops in. He's the guy everyone loves to hate but he always stirs the pot up enough to get us talking.

Reactions: Leo Glickman
I don't have ANY worry that the stadium will be built outside of the 5 boroughs. $$$$$ can buy ANYTHING and we have two of the richest owners in sports in the ENTIRE WORLD.

Again, have you ever heard of the word "ULURP"? The Jets didn't get their west side stadium? Sheik Mansour and the Yankees already have one loss under their belt with Flushing Meadows park. You guys need to get educated, and then you gotta start challenging your ownership group. Otherwise, you're never gonna be respected by your team.

Oh,, and hi Buckley, I see you're the guy running the twitter account. Your "Fuck Wigan", "Fuck Liverpool" and "Fuck you if you don't like Yankee Stadium" tweets have done more to send soccer fans to Red Bull than they've ever been able to pull off themselves. Well done!

1. Again, have you ever heard of the word "ULURP"? The Jets didn't get their west side stadium? 2. Sheik Mansour and the Yankees already have one loss under their belt with Flushing Meadows park. 3. You guys need to get educated, and then you gotta start challenging your ownership group. Otherwise, you're never gonna be respected by your team.

I am familiar with the ULURP process to a degree. Obviously, it is a process that could derail any stadium but they can get past it and build a stadium. 3 stadiums/arenas have been built in NYC over the last 10 years. The garage site has a lot going for it. Clearly, it may not happen but it won't be because of money and it likely won't be because of another player competing for the land, which is part of what stopped the Jets. Also, Manhattan and the Bronx are quite different.
2. If I am not mistaken (I had no internet/media access for nearly a year during this time due to military duty) MLS were the ones involved in FMCP. That was before the Yankees/MFC were involved and the Wilpons were still believed to be involved. Would the Yankees really have been willing to get on board and build a Stadium and share parking lots and have to work with the Mets? So that was more MLS' loss than it was the Sheiks or Yankees.
3. I can tell you from experience, ownership does not base it's respect for it's SG's based on how much they challenge them. If that were the case, the Revs supporter's would have so much respect from the Krafts and a whole lot of things would be different in New England. Respect will be gained either when we show up in the thousands and are a catalyst for making a great atmosphere in a stadium that will be difficult to do so in, or when supporter's give up on the team and things go wrong fast. Either way, that is when we earn respect, not by asking direct questions to business people.

Reactions: Leo Glickman
I am familiar with the ULURP process to a degree. Obviously, it is a process that could derail any stadium but they can get past it and build a stadium. 3 stadiums/arenas have been built in NYC over the last 10 years. The garage site has a lot going for it. Clearly, it may not happen but it won't be because of money and it likely won't be because of another player competing for the land, which is part of what stopped the Jets. Also, Manhattan and the Bronx are quite different.
2. If I am not mistaken (I had no internet/media access for nearly a year during this time due to military duty) MLS were the ones involved in FMCP. That was before the Yankees/MFC were involved and the Wilpons were still believed to be involved. Would the Yankees really have been willing to get on board and build a Stadium and share parking lots and have to work with the Mets? So that was more MLS' loss than it was the Sheiks or Yankees.
3. I can tell you from experience, ownership does not base it's respect for it's SG's based on how much they challenge them. If that were the case, the Revs supporter's would have so much respect from the Krafts and a whole lot of things would be different in New England. Respect will be gained either when we show up in the thousands and are a catalyst for making a great atmosphere in a stadium that will be difficult to do so in, or when supporter's give up on the team and things go wrong fast. Either way, that is when we earn respect, not by asking direct questions to business people.

You're mostly right. But Sheik Mansour was very involved with FMCP, and he got shot down rather unceremoniously. As far as SG respect, there is much to do to demand and get it. Sons of Ben in Philly were instrumental, good on them. When the Borough Boys announced that we would not support a Manchester City little sister in NYC, MLS called us off the hook. No joke. Mark Abbot was leaving multiple messages asking us to reconsider. You can build that kind of leverage, but you have to be creative and willing. "Pub crawls" alone won't get it done.

See link for Sheik Mansour's efforts in FMCP.

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2013/18/stadiumupdate_all_2013_05_01_q.html

Last edited:
Oh,, and hi Buckley, I see you're the guy running the twitter account. Your "Fuck Wigan", "Fuck Liverpool" and "Fuck you if you don't like Yankee Stadium" tweets have done more to send soccer fans to Red Bull than they've ever been able to pull off themselves. Well done!
never said fuck you if you don't like yankee stadium but the fuck wigan and liverpool were meant for my personal acct. notice i don't tweet anything man city related anymore. you even took my "LOL" this morning out of context too but hey i font go shove man city down peoples throats.

I care about your fan club, not the team. You are the little brother successor to the Borough Boys, and I want you guys to get this right. Have you met with Randy Levine yet? Soriano? Aren't you pissed that Levine offered up a non NYC site? Are you going to tell him so?
dont parent us. if we mess "this" up, then its on us. we dont need you. because you care about the fan club, go to a redbull forum or something

dont parent us. if we mess "this" up, then its on us. we dont need you. because you care about the fan club, go to a redbull forum or something
There's a process to what is being done with the SG. There's a reason people are telling those who say 'lets hurry and pick a name' to slow down and take a deep breath.
He's spot on with a lot of what he says. You're not going to get anyone's respect by telling others to f-off. You will, if anything, turn away a lot of potential supporters (not fans, they'll always be fans but they wont want to join this particular group) that are passionate but don't necessarily care for the douche bag image. Any self respecting football fan wont join a group that wants to chant f-off and you suck before having stepped foot in a stadium.

Reactions: CornellBigRed
Don´t feed the troll.. The Cosmos fans are rather despondent at the moment given their disappointing start to the season, what was predicted by the Cosmos fans Leo, 9k average? :D

As for businesses not supporting a new stadium 161bid is clearly in favour, the timesledger article is faulty on so many accounts that I´ll not even list them.
You are really clutching at straws right now Leo..

I don't know what's worse: Leo Glickman or the Red Bull fans browsing the forum. They say they're not concerned with NYCFC yet here they are showing their insecurities.

Again I was under a rock for about a year when all this went down but what's up with the Borough Boys? Why did they choose to roll with a minor-league team outside of the Borough's instead of a team in one?

I don't know what's worse: Leo Glickman or the Red Bull fans browsing the forum. They say they're not concerned with NYCFC yet here they are showing their insecurities.
I don't see anything wrong with opposing fans browsing or posting in the forums, I look at other teams. I think it adds a bit more fun to this site if we have them. Instead of us sitting around high fiveing each other, it's nice to have some poor souls come along. Five years from now when RBA is empty and the Cosmos don't exist (or are playing in an empty 25k stadium against whatever NASL franchises exist at that point) they won't have as much to say!

In all seriousness though I do support the Cosmos because they are NY pro soccer and not in MLS. I wish them well but don't expect it. I think they are going to run into trouble down the line when local officials start really looking into Sela Sport.
I wish their supporter's would ease up and support us as well since we are NYC's big-league team. It's kind of like hating the NHL Ranger's because I support my local Minor League Hockey team, makes no sense!

So much naivete here. Guys, bone up on the ULURP process, because that's what you will be dealing with. I want to deal with something Gene said, "ask the bars, restaurants, merchants whether they favor another stadium". Yeah, ask them, they don't. Because they've been SCREWED by the Yankees since all the services one would need while visiting is inside the stadium. It's the equivalent of the all inclusive resort landing in a poverty stricken Caribbean Island. Local merchants hate Yankee stadium because they make no money from it. Local restaurants and bars make a hell of a lot more money from the nearby courts.

Ruben Diaz Jr. just cast a huge pall over the stadium project, and you guys don't even realize it. He was more enthusiastic a year and a half ago, it's going in the wrong direction. And at any rate, the Borough President's views on this are relatively unimportant. The key player for you guys is Melissa Mark Viverito, the local councilwoman who also happens to be the City Council Speaker. She is so against it that it's not even worth mentioning for her. and if she's against it, it never makes it to the Mayor's desk. You all have a far better chance in northeast bronx, if that's the borough you want it in.

Seriously, google "ULURP", and you will start to understand how far fetched and far off all of this is.

And you guys ain't gonna get to the promised land by making excuses for Randy Levine. Have you met with him yet?

Aren't you a Cosmos fan ?

All we need to do is just focus on ourselves, nothing else. Let them talk just don't respond. We have plenty of good going on internally.

Lurker here.

Sorry to continue the digression of the thread, but what's up with all the vitriol toward Leo Glickman? All his posts seem to be contributing significantly to the conversation. Regardless of whether he's accurate or biased, he's arguing with facts and sparking discussion, which is more beneficial than most of the posts in this thread.

Lurker here.

Sorry to continue the digression of the thread, but what's up with all the vitriol toward Leo Glickman? All his posts seem to be contributing significantly to the conversation. Regardless of whether he's accurate or biased, he's arguing with facts and sparking discussion, which is more beneficial than most of the posts in this thread.
Thanks for your thought, Leo Gli...I mean Sbrylski... ;)

Lurker here.

Not really, Leo is desperately trying get the world to fit his view of it IMHO..

Reactions: Gene